'King of Pop' Michael Jackson is dead

Started by dsanchez, June 26, 2009, 02:53:02

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Schocking news  :shock: :(

Michael Jackson, the fallen King of Pop, is dead. The singer, songwriter and dancer whose career reached unprecedented peaks of sales and attention, died Thursday at 1:07 p.m. Pacific time, a Los Angeles city official said. He was 50.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/26/arts/music/26jackson.html?_r=1&hp

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Sussex

oh...thats why the fm radio here keep on playing his songs back to back. so, there goes the King huh!
"Thick As Shit"

japanesebaby

Quote from: Sussex on June 26, 2009, 07:07:21
so, there goes the King huh!

exactly. and i wouldn't be surprised if he'll be joining king elvis now: there'll probably be a lot of die-hard fans who'll keep believing he's still alive, moved to the moon or outer space or something. 

(odd how the news seem so surprising - maybe it's because he was such an artificial character so you thought he was also going to live forever. something like that.)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

psychophysio

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 26, 2009, 07:44:43

(odd how the news seem so surprising - maybe it's because he was such an artificial character so you thought he was also going to live forever. something like that.)

[/quote]
I agree - the timing is interesting too with the Thriller Tour coming up. I thought he would freeze himself or something like that to live forever.....

dsanchez

taking off the sarcastic comment, i think the news seems so surprising cause he's just 50 years old, he was supossed to give more than 40 concerts in the near future, he was aparently ok... that's why his sudden death is veyr much surprising.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: psychophysio on June 26, 2009, 07:58:17

I agree - the timing is interesting too with the Thriller Tour coming up. I thought he would freeze himself or something like that to live forever.....

yeah that's what i meant. and no david there's nothing malicious or nasty sarcasm behind me (or psychophysio either i assume) saying that. it's just that exceptionally odd world that jackson had created around him that makes you think such odd things (like him freezing himself or something, like you said) as if they were possible. then you suddenly "realize" that he was just a person, just like anybody else.

Lady

I heard the news last night, when all the fans were still in front of the hospital waiting for knowing something sure...what to say?? It's a very sad day for all the world (not just for the music), we lost the king of pop and maybe the pop music is dead with him (Am I too pessimistic?? I don't care...) In these moments I'm remembering  when I was a child and used to imitate his way to dance with my friends, or when I used to smile seeing his face, that time after time became whiter and stranger, or the adrenaline watching his shows (just on tv unfortunally..)and the astonishment for the stories about the children...on mtv there are his videos now and I feel the tears in my eyes... we'll miss him forever! :cry:

GOODBYE JACKO, YOU'LL CARRY ON LIVING IN YOUR AMAZING SONGS!!! :smth006
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rodney

Quote from: dsanchez on June 26, 2009, 08:08:00

taking off the sarcastic comment, i think the news seems so surprising cause he's just 50 years old, he was supossed to give more than 40 concerts in the near future, he was aparently ok... that's why his sudden death is veyr much surprising.

Oddly enough, he hadn't hired any dancers or planned a stage show for these comeback performances yet.  Many people are wondering how he could perform at all, since he was wheelchair bound for at least part of the last year.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

:smth089 :smth089 :smth089 :smth089

it's going to take me a long time to listen to his songs ( which i love!) without crying. omg he had kids right ?? not only did the world lose a great artist anbd performer, but they lost their dad  :'(
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

lullaby63

I'm very sad about it, i'm always crying  :smth088, i like his music and he 'll be always in my heart, thank you Michael, RIP :(

Lullaby disintegred :(

fiction

This is gonna be a long time runner in all various type of press. Personally I don´t have any connection to that type of music at all and plenty are the times that I shrugged my shoulders and thought "yeah and so?" when I heard the music of his. King of Pop might be an epitath he has well deserved but I have to say that I can´t really tell. I found the music of his rather boring and haven´t bothered to listen that much. And as jb says I also find the caracther of MJ somewhat artificiall and I´m a bit desillusioned of the whole industry of music when it comes to the manor of leaving the face of the earth with artists like Elvis and MJ. I can´t help but wonders how much of a roll that industry is playing when it comes to "create" the right kind of blockbuster and in the end contributing to their extinction.
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: rodney on June 26, 2009, 14:28:39
Quote from: dsanchez on June 26, 2009, 08:08:00

Oddly enough, he hadn't hired any dancers or planned a stage show for these comeback performances yet. 

it looks like he was rehearsing, the footage is supposed to be shot two days before he died:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRNX5ga3me0&fmt=18

of course it's easy to say now since we all know how it turned out, but at least to me he looks awfully thin and somehow stiff, not at all well.