what places in the world (outside of your country) would you like to visit?

Started by dsanchez, September 17, 2007, 21:20:51

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

honestly speaking, i'd like to see too many places/meet too many people so to start writing a list here is a bit too difficult...
unlike many other families, my family never really travelled when i was a kid so i never got to see many places until i grew up.
but today, travelling is expensive... it's surely easier than before but not always cheaper.
i mostly like to travel to see and meet people, the place itself is maybe not so important - or, one could say that every place can be just as interesting as any other. only the place that you live in can make you bored in that special kind of way that makes you wish you were somewhere else instead.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

While in the military, I stopped in several countries en route to my final destination.  I would love to make a proper visit to some of these countries (Spain, Ireland, and Japan).  The final destinations were places like South Korea and Saudi Arabia.  Not so glamorous, but still interesting countries.  Though spending months and months there became rather dull.  The one place I did really enjoy was The Bahamas, where I spent 8 months out of my last year in attached to a Coast Guard unit.  Lots of off time to explore, swim, fish, jet ski, and just relax in the sun while sipping on the various rum concoctions one can come up with  :smth030     

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on September 18, 2007, 18:02:35
while sipping on the various rum concoctions one can come up with  :smth030     

And thus the blurriness of RS in Brian's avatar....that is how I see everything most Friday nights!

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: Lady on September 18, 2007, 17:30:40
AUSTRALIA!!!!!! I feel a strong attraction for this land!!! :smth001

Actually...so do I!  My ex-online bf/current best friend(?!) lives there.  But he said he'd rather come visit me.

Siouxsie_

FarFar

Quote from: Lady on September 18, 2007, 17:30:40
AUSTRALIA!!!!!! I feel a strong attraction for this land!!! :smth001

Dila, yes I want to come in Malaysia!!! :rocker

please come...i also want to go to your country.....TVB Babe!!! :smth023
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

ROGUE

All of Europa~ :smth051 Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy.  Also alot of tropical and hot places, with warm waters, and isolated beaches, secluded islands
that havent been over populated, or over built,    :smth032    ~would love to see the tropical animals, fish, dolphins, Love dolphins - swam with some in QLD, in an inlet,
a mother and pup- i dove in  and   thought  i saw my friend under water,  but he was on the other shaw side, so then i looked and saw the dolphins surface- just an amazing
experience.- They are just so big- sort of intimidating in a way, but  felt a respect both ways- Nice  :D

~Want to go Just Everywhere!!, I have seen alot of home, and Japan, but i just love to travel~ there is so much i would love to see  :D

silversand

I would like to visit: the UK, Ireland, Spain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Australia,
Chile, Cuba, Peru, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark ...

If i had time and money i would travel a lot, because i love it :)

ROGUE

Quote from: dsanchez on September 17, 2007, 22:07:43
Quote from: Tof on September 17, 2007, 21:46:39
C'est pas encore prevu mais j'espere pouvoir venir au Perou un jours !!!  :smth023

Tof, j'ai oublié te dire qu'il faut visiter aussi cet endroit, c'est totalement magnifique!

Lagunas de Llanganuco, Ancash (8 hours north of Lima)

That pic just looks heavenly- WOW if i was there, i think i would have to pinch myself to
make sure its not a dream  :o

Yey Lady & Silversand come to Australia  :D
and everyone if you can :) we are friendly, especially to visitors  :smth023 and a very 'laid back' culture, especially in the tropical environment,
sometimes too laid back~ but after a week you become the same, and just relax and hang around the beach - ahh what i life !!
Wish i could move up North Eastern Australia, like Qld, or Nth East New South Wales,  Sooooo relaxing. -By the beach ahhh can feel the negative
ions thinking about it.
I get so happy there, i cant stop laughing, I'd love to live near the beach- any beach. But cant move at the moment, my Dads not well so i have to
stay here...buga. Hope he gets better  :)

dsanchez

Quote from: ROGUE on September 20, 2007, 12:38:14
Quote from: dsanchez on September 17, 2007, 22:07:43
Lagunas de Llanganuco, Ancash (8 hours north of Lima)
That pic just looks heavenly- WOW if i was there, i think i would have to pinch myself to
make sure its not a dream  :o

Yes indeed. I have been in that place (Llanganuco little-lake) twice and it's absolutely awesome. It's located very high, over 3800 metters over the sea, in the bottom of the highest peruvian mountain (Huascaran, 6768m). It's very cheap there and people is friendly. Maybe I will go back there later this year and make some pics :P

More pictures of this awesome place here

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=llanganuco&s=int

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

All over europe.
Japan
Vietnam
Macchu Piccu
Australia
NZ
Las Vegas
Some of the Middle East

Going to be in London this summer & Paris & maybe even Belgium too  :smth023

Trust...

Quote from: PerfectBlueSkyDolls on February 22, 2010, 12:19:48
maybe even Belgium too  :smth023

:smth023

For me ... to much to write down  :lol:  The whole world I guess  :-D
So let's hope I will live a long and healthy life to see everything  :roll:

But now in the next years:
- as much Europe capitals I can
- Cuba Havana - before everything change there
- more from Africa
- South America
- Australia
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

japanesebaby

Quote from: PerfectBlueSkyDolls on February 22, 2010, 12:19:48
Las Vegas

i got to visit there last year :D
arriving there in the night,after 23 hours of flight/spent at the airports was pretty surreal experience!  it was like arriving in a city of lights floating in space (the outlines of the city look like cut with a knife in the dark: where the city/lights ends, there's nothing but blackness)

i'm less into visiting cities than i used to, as i often feel that cities are somewhat similar everywhere anyway.

a few places i'd like to see:

- giant redwood forests in northern california
- iceland (to see the geysirs)
- japan (the traditional japanese temple gardens, especially)
- sahara desert
- the edge of antarctica or at least somewhere very close to it (i don't need to get to the south pole ;))

oh, and when NASA is finally ready to go to Mars, i wish they'd pick me. pleaseee  
hehe  :)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Virpi

I would like to go to place where the sun always shines
and the birds always sing...
...cry like the stone white clown and stand lost forever in a happy crowd...

crowbi_wan