A Forest (LIVE)

Started by need2know, June 19, 2017, 17:01:46

Previous topic - Next topic

need2know

Hi, My name is Al and I'm in sunny Queensland although it's a bit chilly at the moment seeing as it's our winter here.  I'm not a huge fan of The Cure but I do like some of there stuff and have 8 of there tracks in my collection of 2000+ assorted tracks.  The Cure tracks I have (in no particular order) are as follows.  Boys Don't Cry - Close To Me - A Forest (a live version and the reason for this post) - A Forest - Friday I'm In Love - In Between Days - Let's Go To Bed - Lovecats.  On to my question.  I'm trying to identify the concert the live version of A Forest that I have is from as it is in my humble opinion the BEST version live or otherwise of A Forest out there and I can't find the concert it was recorded at.  I have a partial copy of the track (about 30 seconds to a minute are missing from the beginning of the track) and I would like a complete version.  My source for the track is from a Cure concert aired on Foxtel a couple of years ago, I asked Foxtel but they couldn't help.  Anyway hoping knowledgeable Cure aficionados can help.  Thanks.

Ulrich

Quote from: need2know on June 19, 2017, 17:01:46
My source for the track is from a Cure concert aired on Foxtel a couple of years ago, I asked Foxtel but they couldn't help. 

Will be difficult.  :?

I found this via google:
QuoteThe Cure: Trilogy - Live In Berlin | Foxtel.com.au

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/The-Cure-Trilogy.../86156663
The Cure was one of the most enduring and popular punk rock bands to come out in the late '70s. This legendary live concert performance sees them play, ...

Of course, when I click on that link, I get:
The program has already been broadcast or is not available.
But the text above suggests it could be the version from "Trilogy" (which is available on dvd).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...