Weather extremes

Started by j, August 11, 2007, 05:28:50

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 26, 2009, 23:24:50
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on March 26, 2009, 17:29:15
i want flowers and sun dammit!!!! :?

me too!  :smth091
it's been really cold (early) spring here, after the first few sunny days it's turned pretty cold again. and now the forecast for the weekend says.... -2C and snow. :?

great!!! :shock:
i have a lot of flowers inside and they bloom faster in the warmth. otherwise i wouldn't survive winter :smth006

wish you a lot of sun!!!!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

indeed it was snowing all day yesterday...
(pot narcissus outside a cafe yesterday - clearly saying: "please take us inside..  :?"

)

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on March 27, 2009, 19:51:00
i have a lot of flowers inside and they bloom faster in the warmth. otherwise i wouldn't survive winter :smth006

another good remedy in winter is to go to the botanical gardens - i love the palm rooms and the pond with giant water lilies:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 29, 2009, 07:10:11

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on March 27, 2009, 19:51:00

another good remedy in winter is to go to the botanical gardens - i love the palm rooms and the pond with giant water lilies:

omg thats beautiful, never seen anything like that   :)
i usually go to the big aquarium we have in cologne and look at the tropical fish^^
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on March 29, 2009, 11:40:42
i usually go to the big aquarium we have in cologne and look at the tropical fish^^

that sounds sweet.
btw since this isn't exactly weather-related (but it's my fault for derailing :oops:), i thought about making a thread for this sort of things
- > http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,6096.new.html
;)

crowbi_wan

I think Mother Nature is playing some sort of April Fools joke on Seattle.  It's snowing!  :twisted:

Trust...

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 01, 2009, 18:57:02
I think Mother Nature is playing some sort of April Fools joke on Seattle.  It's snowing!  :twisted:

:shock: and the world is warming up ??? Understand who can understand  :?  :roll:

BTW in Belgium it's spring and we have a 15°C this afternoon.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

lostflower4

Quote from: lostflower4 on January 16, 2009, 08:21:45When I went outside yesterday morning it was -24° F (-31° C).  :smth009

Hopefully this record will stand for the rest of the year!

It did... And now we've got 90° F (32° C).  Can you say weather extremes?  :shock:

A "bit" warmer than I'd prefer, but I'd take this over freezing weather ANY day!

crowbi_wan

Record breaking temperature today in Seattle.  102°F (39°C)  :shock:  I read this is only the third time the city has had 5 consecutive days in the 90s or above.  We had the worst winter I can remember this year and now this extreme heat.   :smth011 

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 30, 2009, 05:37:39
Record breaking temperature today in Seattle.  102°F (39°C)  :shock:  I read this is only the third time the city has had 5 consecutive days in the 90s or above.  We had the worst winter I can remember this year and now this extreme heat.   :smth011 

same here. we came close to the record ( 35°) man i though i would die...
now it's raining thank god!
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/12/more_snow_in_southern_finland_than_since_the_60s_1333669.html

now at Helsinki-Vantaa airport is presently at a near record. A depth of 42 centimetres of snow was measured at the airport Thursday, more than since 1966.
In general, southern parts of the country now have as much snow as does Lapland, ranging between 25 and 50 centimetres of snowcover.
Since 1971, wintertime snowcover in the Helsinki and Turku areas has averaged around 10 centimetres. The last winter during which the south of the country received heavy snowfall was in 2003.
The deepest snowcover in southern areas was seen in 1966, when 52 centimetres was registered in Helsinki. At present, the official depth of snow in the capital is 27cm.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 03, 2010, 21:21:33
http://yle.fi/uutiset/news/2009/12/more_snow_in_southern_finland_than_since_the_60s_1333669.html

now at Helsinki-Vantaa airport is presently at a near record. A depth of 42 centimetres of snow was measured at the airport Thursday, more than since 1966.
In general, southern parts of the country now have as much snow as does Lapland, ranging between 25 and 50 centimetres of snowcover.
Since 1971, wintertime snowcover in the Helsinki and Turku areas has averaged around 10 centimetres. The last winter during which the south of the country received heavy snowfall was in 2003.
The deepest snowcover in southern areas was seen in 1966, when 52 centimetres was registered in Helsinki. At present, the official depth of snow in the capital is 27cm.

Pretty crazy there.  That picture of the bicycle reminds me of one I took of my car last year about this time.  Thankfully we're not experiencing the same winter weather we had 12 months ago!  Some pleasant days lately (highs in the upper 40s/low 50s F) and looks to stay the same according to the 10-day forecast.

crowbi_wan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100107/ap_on_bi_ge/us_winter_weather

Wow.  I can't even imagine what it's like to live in such conditions. 

jbud1980

guess i shouldn't be complaining about the high of 73 today...

probably going surfing after work too  :P

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on January 07, 2010, 15:55:06
probably going surfing after work too  :P

how odd to think of that...  :P
it's been snowing here again all day today, the traffic is starting to get messed up, lots of busses and trams are either cancelled or running late. 

it's been really cold recently in the whole of scandinavia. i just read today that it's been something like -40 C (-40C) in norway and close to that in some parts of sweden too.

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on January 07, 2010, 15:55:06
probably going surfing after work too  :P

which reminded me, i went to my local beach (on the seaside) yesterday. great for surfing?  :P

some people really go swimming there, there's a pump circulating the water right beside the stairs so that the hole in the ice won't freeze up.
everywhere else the sea ice is so thick that you can walk around on the ice wherever you please.

ps. something funny with the attachments... can't attach a pic to a post.