Main Menu

Quick reply

Started by dsanchez, July 08, 2010, 16:38:11

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

As you have noticed, the *new* Curefans.com design has a very useful option, the "quick reply". Now is not necessary to load a page to reply a comment or topic.

However, if you miss the buttons and smileys, just click PREVIEW after doing the "quick reply" and you will be able to see those options.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

My complaint is that all quotes automatically default to quick replies, which can be rather annoying after a while.

Sure, there is a relatively easy workaround as you described, but I think it will still cause issues for the less forum-savvy users and those who never see this topic (there will be plenty, I'm sure  ;)).

Trust...

I can't see any problem about this issue ? If I go to the button "REPLY" I just have the same as before ... loading a new page with all the bulletin board codes and smileys, when I quote someones post I've got also the same as before?
Only when I'm using the "Quick-Reply" I don't have the buttons and smileys ... but that's why it is a Quick-reply, no ? :D
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 10, 2010, 15:03:29
My complaint is that all quotes automatically default to quick replies, which can be rather annoying after a while.
I don't have this? I'm just quoting your post right now with all the normal stuff ?   :smth023

japanesebaby

Sure, there is a relatively easy workaround as you described, but I think it will still cause issues for the less forum-savvy users and those who never see this topic (there will be plenty, I'm sure  ;)).
Quote from: Trust... on July 10, 2010, 22:12:20
I don't have this? I'm just quoting your post right now with all the normal stuff ?   :smth023

:?:

and i'm just quoting your post and i get the quick-reply option only. no smileys etc. are available - unless i click 'preview' first (which is a bit annoying and also too complicated for someone who's not famailiar with all the gimmicks of the forum yet, like lostflower4 said).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 11, 2010, 18:46:05

Quote from: Trust... on July 10, 2010, 22:12:20

:?:

and i'm just quoting your post and i get the quick-reply option only. no smileys etc. are available - unless i click 'preview' first (which is a bit annoying and also too complicated for someone who's not famailiar with all the gimmicks of the forum yet, like lostflower4 said).

Weird indeed, but maybe it's a Windows problem? I don't have it with my laptop @ home (Vista) and I do have the same as you on this pc @ my office (XP) So Administrators ?

japanesebaby

Quote from: Trust... on July 11, 2010, 21:19:35
Weird indeed, but maybe it's a Windows problem? I don't have it with my laptop @ home (Vista) and I do have the same as you on this pc @ my office (XP) So Administrators ?

can't be something like that. (and besides, i don't even have windows, i'm on mac.)

there's something weird here indeed.

lostflower4

I'm using Firefox on Windows XP. After I got a virus on my computer recently, my Internet Explorer mysteriously stopped working.

I really don't miss it much, but I'll need to get it working again someday.

scatcat

? let's give it a go... 

oky dokey.. if you one uses the quick reply option, then clicks 'preview"..

smileys.. etc are available!  :smth023

BTW.. i use old fashioned windows..   ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

lostflower4

Quote from: scatcat on July 12, 2010, 17:45:21BTW.. i use old fashioned windows..   ;)
Like this?  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_1.0

Wow, I'm surprised that can run the internet!  :eek:

So... My Internet Explorer has suddenly started working once again, and it's exactly the same:  Using the quote option goes directly to quick reply.  :?

Trust...

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 12, 2010, 21:39:01
Quote from: scatcat on July 12, 2010, 17:45:21BTW.. i use old fashioned windows..   ;)
Like this?   ;)

So... My Internet Explorer has suddenly starting working once again, and it's exactly the same:  Using the quote option goes directly to quick reply.  :?

Well now it's really weird, when I quote a post with Vista and Explorer 8, everything is working fine (with all the buttons and smileys), when I do the same with Vista and Firefox Mozilla I have also the same as all of you ? PC and internet connection are the same   :?

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on July 12, 2010, 17:45:21
? let's give it a go... 

oky dokey.. if you one uses the quick reply option, then clicks 'preview"..

smileys.. etc are available!  :smth023

yep, this is the way to go!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: Trust... on July 12, 2010, 21:48:13
Well now it's really weird, when I quote a post with Vista and Explorer 8, everything is working fine (with all the buttons and smileys), when I do the same with Vista and Firefox Mozilla I have also the same as all of you ? PC and internet connection are the same   :?

david,
how come this can change depending on the browser? :?:
i've tried several different browsers but i always get only the quick reply option.

scatcat

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 12, 2010, 21:39:01
Like this?  ;)

Ha! ...   :-D  just NT, no Vista!   
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 13, 2010, 07:30:47
Quote from: Trust... on July 12, 2010, 21:48:13
david,
how come this can change depending on the browser? :?:
i've tried several different browsers but i always get only the quick reply option.

thats correct, there is only the quick reply option. im surprised Trust can see all the buttons etc if she click "quote" because the buttons etc. only appear if we click in Reply or if we do a Preview after clicking in Quote or Quick Reply.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo