2016.11.15 Paris - Palais Omnisport de Paris Bercy (France)

Started by dsanchez, November 23, 2015, 20:16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Tonight's setlist:

Mainset: Open, All I Want, Push, In Between Days, Primary, Pictures of You, High, Lovesong, Before Three, A Night Like This, The Walk, Just Like Heaven, Trust, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Hungry Ghost, One Hundred Years, End

E1: It Can Never Be the Same, Burn, Play for Today, A Forest
E2: Lullaby, Fascination Street, Never Enough, Wrong Number
E3: The Lovecats, Hot Hot Hot,Friday Im In Love, Boys Dont Cry, Close To Me , Why Cant I Be You?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Well, pretty average setlist in my opinion, specially when you compare it to the songs they played in the previous Bercy gig (To Wish Impossible Things, At Night, M, Killing An Arab, 10:15 Saturday Night, Faith...)

Also, due the events in Paris last year (not sure if Robert mentioned something about it) I was expecting something really special in terms of songs. "Faith" would have been a very good choice given the things that happened.

Either case, I hope all those who went had a great time!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on November 15, 2016, 23:43:47
"Faith" would have been a very good choice(...)
The problem with Faith is that you can't surprise the audience with it no longer
because most of us expecting it, at least for the final shows in London.I love the
song, but when I suppose the track will appear on the remaining setlist, it seems
a bit unfair.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Hero

The setlist was pretty standard compared to some of the things they've played this tour (not even Plainsong!) but the atmosphere was amazing! Paris really loves The Cure!

Robert didn't mention anything about last year, but i don't think he needed to..compared to other arenas the security was pretty intense! It was certainly on my mind during the show.

The band were fantastic though, the best i've heard them this year, and it was a real treat to hear Before Three (even though he couldn't remember the words!) Play for Today was awesome too. I had high hopes for songs like Faith etc but a while a go i just remembered how lucky we are to have a huge tour. Robert seem so happy right now... I think in Paris he was even in better spirits than LA - and i think that's why the setlists are the way they are. I love the dark songs but if Robert's too happy to play them than that's fine with me :-)

(David, I went to the three shows in Hollywood, Auckland, Berlin, Paris and have Manchester and last night of London to go - you were in Berlin too?!)

dsanchez

Thanks for the review, Hero!

Yes, I went to Berlin too (too bad we missed each other!), courtesy of a fellow member of this forum ;) I am still pending to post the reviews from the gigs I went to, I will do slowly in the next days...

The security in Prague was pretty intense, too. At moments I thought I was going through an airport control rather than going to a concert!

So you saw The Cure everywhere including New Zealand? Are you working in the aviation industry? :) I wish I could see them again (I started to think about the possibility of going to Madrid this Sunday) but I need to check my money first!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Hero

Haha, no not the aviation industry (thankfully! I hate flying!) but i was living in New Zealand for nearly 8 years, and hopped over for LA for those shows, then moved back to the UK just a few months ago so perfect timing for the cure tour!!

I can't believe I only have two shows left, and at the same time I can't believe that we've had a huge world tour this year. This year has reaffirmed how much I love The Cure, and how incredible they are!

x-phile

Quote from: dsanchez on November 15, 2016, 23:43:47
Well, pretty average setlist in my opinion, specially when you compare it to the songs they played in the previous Bercy gig (To Wish Impossible Things, At Night, M, Killing An Arab, 10:15 Saturday Night, Faith...)

Also, due the events in Paris last year (not sure if Robert mentioned something about it) I was expecting something really special in terms of songs. "Faith" would have been a very good choice given the things that happened.

Either case, I hope all those who went had a great time!

You are absolutely right David
I was expecting a very Special Show in Paris for all that you mentioned and more... And a Special setlist too... I was expecting Faith too... But all I get was a normal show at a great venue with sometimes great audience... Not bad... But I felt a bit disapointed because this time I could only manage to go ONE Cure Show abroad... and Paris was (I thought) the one to choose!!!
x

Ulrich

Quote from: Hero on November 18, 2016, 21:30:43
... I can't believe that we've had a huge world tour this year. This year has reaffirmed how much I love The Cure, and how incredible they are!

Same here! And thanks for your review (I'm always glad to read any fans' reviews here).

In general: too many "expectations" often lead to disappointment. (The internet is full of comments of fans of all kinds of bands expressing "booh, they didn't play that b-side I like from 19.."!)
I didn't expect too much of the gig I got to see - and was overwhelmed by The Cure once more.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...