The Cure live in Leipzig 2010!!!

Started by cure89, December 28, 2009, 13:54:22

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

I am moving to the Curenews section as this show is not yet confirmed. We will update the info as soon as it comes. Thanks for sharing this!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

danny999911

Hmmm not sure about that one, from what I could make out after it had been translated into English, is that basically loads of bands, including The Cure, will donate revenues from their concerts next year to help fight poverty. It also says there will be a concert in Leipzig with some of the bands playing:

QuoteSome bands are now preparing the normal fees and donations also will be selling special "Against Poverty" concert before, in which also donated all revenue under the allocation formula presented locally and globally. So also the official start of the campaign on 5 June at the Leipzig fairground. Then, according to initial reports, among other things be Pearl Jam, Guano Apes, Depeche Mode, Die Ärzte, Coldplay, The Cure, and local bands here in Saxony.

I think it's still speculation.

dsanchez

Quote from: danny999911 on December 28, 2009, 17:00:02
it's still speculation.

I do agree with you, that's why I moved the topic from the "Cure Live" board (where only The Cure confirmed concerts are listed) to this board.

So far no news. I've contacted the german newspapper for more info about this. In the other hand, a guy in our Facebook page published that this info is "bullshit", however, he provided the same link as cure89.

I guess in the following hours we will know if this is a nice christmas news, or if we will have to wait longer for the next Cure shows.

Where are our german-speaking members to confirm what exactly is written in this note? :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

I can speak and read German  ;)
But to be honest, I am not quite sure about it as well. It sounds still very speculative and "to be confirmed" (and that's for the whole thing)...

Been re-reading it and the last paragraph makes it sound doubtful. Apparently this thing is part of some "Xmas WISH stories" the paper made up, if these were true the world could become a better place etc. So it's just "wishful thinking".  :(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

nevyn

but as far as I know German there was something about the bands "beispiel" - that means FOR EXAMPLE....

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on December 28, 2009, 17:23:10
Been re-reading it and the last paragraph makes it sound doubtful. Apparently this thing is part of some "Xmas WISH stories" the paper made up, if these were true the world could become a better place etc. So it's just "wishful thinking".  :(

Thanks. No Cure concert in Leipzig then, unless this "wishful thinking" becomes true. But that's another story.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

alwaysprayingforRAIN

yeah they made this up to show what the world COULD be like if people were a little more caring...  it's supposed to be something like Live 8 and i do give them credit for considering the cure as a very influential band.

it all sounds pretty awesome, the perfect new year's wish!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

The Loudest Cure

:smth039

Hello and thanks for the link David!!! :smth023

Hope there will be some Cure gigs this year!!!

Happy new year every one... 2010 Cure Year!!! :smth007 :smth035

:smth020
The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.