there's no business like shoe business

Started by japanesebaby, September 22, 2007, 21:58:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

Quote from: ROGUE on September 23, 2007, 15:13:02
And Lady you obviously do have good taste because you love The Cure's music :smth020
Yes, I love the cure and U2 and their respective ways to be "artist"! :smth001

I don't want that Bono is like Robert and vice versa! ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

ROGUE

Gee I wish i was in Italy, Wanna swap ? for awhile - dual holiday, ?   I go there, You come over here ?

Have fun anyways, you look similar to me in pic, but much prettier :D    :smth020

see you soon, here or there  :smth006

Lady

Quote from: ROGUE on September 23, 2007, 15:33:23
Gee I wish i was in Italy, Wanna swap ? for awhile - dual holiday, ?   I go there, You come over here ?
Sure! It's one of my dreams to go to Australia! :-D
I'm gonna waiting for you, come when you want!!! :smth023

Quote from: ROGUE on September 23, 2007, 15:33:23
you look similar to me in pic, but much prettier :D    :smth020
Are you another blond-curefan girl?? ;)
I think we are so few here!!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

ROGUE

YES, good to see another female blonde fan~ for me aswell  ~

Hope to visit Europa same time as The Cure - what a bonus, being in Europa and seeing The Cure  :smth051

oh yes, you are most welcome here too  :D Which ever happens first  :smth023

Cure Freak

Quote from: Lady on September 23, 2007, 14:44:19
Ok but we can't think Robert is God and that everyone who doesn't make things as him is wrong...every artist has a different approach to his audience...

I don't Robert to be a God or anything ofthe sort. Or am I personaly bashing Bono.
But, in general, for an artist, an act like this is just showing disrespect to your audience and your fans. It's saying, to his audience, my ahoes are more important than you. 

japanesebaby:  His attitude,over the last few years, has came across as "I'm bigger than God". He's become vain and somewhat self centered. And it's,also, being reflected on the band, as well.
And their die hardness of being funny, Christ, they need to give it up. They are no good at it. It's apparent in that video.

ROGUE

I dont like Bono either, but this is like beating a dead horse, its all been said before, and think we'll have to learn to agree to disagree

or show some more funny/ not so funny clips ? please Of another daggy or questionable celeb ? maybe ? sumthing new/ish ? 

Or not, and just keep going over this....? I guess others might have an opinion aswell......So early days, Iam just being bored and having

a low sense of concentration/patience recently. . . sorry :oops:

But iam off to bed soon.

Nitee Nite xoxo

AlluivialL

Er, that was really horrible to watch, extremely annoying.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

silversand

I used to like U2 in the 80s, but suddenly they became a stadium band and Bono changed to someone i didn't like (i still don't like) - i mean the sort of "I could save the world" or something like that.
They are pathetic. And the music isn't good it used to be.

I'm glad that Robert doesn't act like Bono. And i think that wouldn't Robert do anyway.
That doesn't fit to him, i think.

Robert isn't godlike or something like that and i wouldn't say that.
He does make mistakes like everybody else, is in bad mood etc.

Of course he is a wonderful and true artist, who want to do what he does 150 % .
Is an artist with body and soul.

Carnage Visor

I have made the god comment many times before, but it's just because I'm a goofball and I like to be dramatic! Who ever means that stuff literally? People say it all the time about Johnny Cash and John Lennon, that they are "gods" but nobody means it literally.

When I say Robert is god, I don't mean it literally at all. In fact, Robert is full of flaws that I wish he didn't have, such as drug addiction, alcoholism, etc... but what's more fun? To say, "Robert is cool but full of flaws" or "Robert is the god of post-punk?" I think the latter.

I'm sorry if that cheeses someone off, but that's the way I roll. When I like something alot, I put it high on a pedestal. Such as films I love, I practically worship them. But it's never a serious thing, it's just an extreme way of me expressing my love for something by considering it high and mighty, or godlike.

ROGUE

I find it very interesting though, How charm can get you alot, and Robert has alot of respect for us, and he always has.

But what i find interesting is the punk days, when the singer, whatever would stand on the stage and say something like "you are all f**ken idiots, c*nts, piss off" sort of thing., and the audience went mad for it, luved it.
I know girls can get away with that, its either amusing OR you feel respect for them - that they are a strong person.....or like to stand up and have balls or whatever..

But some guy bands are even like that now, I saw an episode of 'Judge Judy' one very v boring afternoon, and a band called "Skitzo" were being sued for vomitting on a girl in the audience....He reached he's hand out in a romantic fashion- she said(and that she had no idea what was going to happen) - then had an intense look and spewed all over her.....?  And apparently does/did it every show. . . Now thats just not charm, at all..... But maybe it would've worked in the punk days ???? ?  ewwwww !! I would've kicked him in the nuts  :lol:

Either way still find Bono spew aswell. Dont like anyone so full of themselfs.
Once again the audience didnt pay to watch him change his shoes-And respect for your fans also goes a long way, Means alot to me anyway.  :smth020