Avatars ; why did you choose your avatar?

Started by scatcat, February 23, 2008, 17:21:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure Freak

I keep changing mine. But I'm really stuck on my current one.
It's from Trilogy. I wish I knew what they were talking about. :P

psichonaut

my avtar is just a Christian death  cover album ("sex & drugs & jesus christ") and i choose it maybe because i'm atheist and it was obvious a Cure avatar, and i think i'm not an obvious person :-D
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

Carnage Visor

Quote from: psichonaut on March 03, 2008, 01:22:36
my avtar is just a Christian death  cover album ("sex & drugs & jesus christ") and i choose it maybe because i'm atheist and it was obvious a Cure avatar, and i think i'm not an obvious person :-D

And you're in luck...I'm absolutely obsessed with Christian Death!
(Rozz Williams era, although Atrocities was an okay album!)
Nice pick!

psichonaut

Quote from: Carnage Visor on March 03, 2008, 22:58:51
Quote from: psichonaut on March 03, 2008, 01:22:36

And you're in luck...I'm absolutely obsessed with Christian Death!
(Rozz Williams era, although Atrocities was an okay album!)
Nice pick!
:smth023 ....i hate Valor and his fuckin' "death metal" genre :smth011 and i still listen to their older stuff :-D
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

CureCrusader

well. I have had a few different avatars since joining this forum.
my current one is of course Saruman, from Lord Of The Rings.

Tolkien fan till death!!  :smth023
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

j

I've always loved punk and one of my favorites growing up was The Exploited.  The lead singer is about 7 feet tall...3.5 feet to the top of his head and another 3.5 feet in mohawk.  My avatar is their skull from the cover of their album "Beat the Bastards".

CureCrusader

:-D  J   kinda like punks not dead?

I would have trouble recognising you on this forum without his avatar. Funny hey?
I think ur avatar is original and recognisable. I like it a lot.  :smth023
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

mint car

I choose my avatar, because I love The Prayer Tour and all 1989 cure year  :smth023
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

dsanchez

My avatar belongs to the 1989 era with Simon using a hat. I choosed it because I am a big fan of Simon :D

I use this avatar in every forum a sign to and I will never change it 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Steve

Mine is Eldritch himself in a screen capture from the Wake video (Body & Soul IIRC).

For me it is an iconic image & really immediately screams "Sisters Of Mercy" before they turned into tribute band.
This is how I like to remember them.
On other places I may use a Dalek as an avatar.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

scatcat

Quote from: Steve on March 27, 2008, 17:30:06
Mine is Eldritch himself in a screen capture from the Wake video (Body & Soul IIRC).

For me it is an iconic image & really immediately screams "Sisters Of Mercy" before they turned into tribute band.

:-D i really don't know waht you are talking about, but i will endeaver to find out.

I associated your avatar with some dark-johnny Depp- secret window/ cowboy/ spooky/
mysterious personality!!   ;)
when I first stumbled across curefans.com, I thought it was a pic of you!!  :oops:

The dalek's cool, but i think i prefer this one you have here.. Mr.Mysterious!!  :lol:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Lady

Quote from: scatcat on March 27, 2008, 18:11:23
Quote from: Steve on March 27, 2008, 17:30:06

:-D i really don't know waht you are talking about, but i will endeaver to find out.

I associated your avatar with some dark-johnny Depp- secret window/ cowboy/ spooky/
mysterious personality!!   ;)
when I first stumbled across curefans.com, I thought it was a pic of you!!  :oops:

The dalek's cool, but i think i prefer this one you have here.. Mr.Mysterious!!  :lol:
Steve's avatar reminds me of a Bono's image from the "Joshua Tree Tour" in 1988!!! :-D

Ehy scatcat, I know you won't appreciate this, sorry!!! :oops: ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

scatcat

Quote from: Lady on March 27, 2008, 20:43:42

Steve's avatar reminds me of a Bono's image from the "Joshua Tree Tour" in 1988!!! :-D

:D :-D :) ;) who is Bono ?   
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Quote from: scatcat on March 28, 2008, 05:10:27

It's the name of a dog food isn't it? :-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Lady

Quote from: Steve on March 28, 2008, 09:12:36
Quote from: scatcat on March 28, 2008, 05:10:27

It's the name of a dog food isn't it? :-D
:shock: :smth073 :smth043 ;)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]