Robert Smith donates guitar to Amaze

Started by dsanchez, October 28, 2013, 19:30:57

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Robert Smith has donated a very special guitar to Amaze. It will be auctioned by Bonhams in London on December 18th. All proceeds from the sale will go to Amaze.

Amaze is an independent voluntary organisation that offers information, advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special needs in Brighton and Hove (UK).

The guitar is a Schecter 'Robert Smith RS-1000' signature model acoustic guitar in gloss black finish, with spruce top, maple body, and rosewood bridge, owned and played by Robert Smith, fingerboard inlaid with stars and moon motif. Lyric notes on paper for 'A Boy I Never Knew' are taped along top side with tuning instructions "DGCFAD" handwritten in silver ink, inscribed on the body by Smith in silver pen "I'd love to see him sleep, I'd love to know him dream... The Cure 2008" additionally signed later "Robert 2013", accompanied by a Gator hardshell case with black plush lining, with masking tape on the outside labelled in black pen 'A Boy I Never Knew, DGCFAD' and inscribed on the case in silver ink 'CURE 2008.

More info below:

http://amazebrighton.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=638453439540583&set=a.199964343389497.74835.185899354795996&type=1
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Matti

That's cool. I've always loved how The Cure and Robert support not only the big names (ai, Greenpeace, Red Cross) but also those small scale/local organisations.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

Ulrich

Quote from: Matti on October 29, 2013, 10:09:00
That's cool. I've always loved how The Cure and Robert support not only the big names (ai, Greenpeace, Red Cross) but also those small scale/local organisations.

Yeah, very cool of them!  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...