My Cure fan art

Started by ghanisbuli, June 28, 2008, 22:35:23

Previous topic - Next topic

punx_chix

Very beautiful paintings ghanisbuli. Do you sell these or are they just your personal collection?

I bet you could make money off those!
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...

NeverForget

Hi ghanisbuli, my congratulations for your paintings, I find them incredible. Great job! :smth023

I'm not good as you are, sometimes happens that I try to draw something... :roll:

I only use a pencil, but I'm willing to learn something more, wanted to go to art school but I've choosen a different path, unfortunately...So, may I ask you what did you use for the first one, with Robert's face? And what are you using for the last one? I find it's coming up well...that eye! Wow...how did you learn? Sorry, too many questions  :oops:

p.s.: Maybe I've troubles with my browser, but actually I can't see Cure Freak's paintings, so sad...but I'm sure they're astonishing :D
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."

silversand

Wonderful paintings ghanisbuli  :)
You are so talented!!!

@NeverForget: I can't also see Cure Freaks drawings :(
Maybe she put them off. I hope she post them again.
They're wonderful!!!  :)

ghanisbuli

Quote from: punx_chix on July 03, 2008, 17:02:08
Very beautiful paintings ghanisbuli. Do you sell these or are they just your personal collection?

I bet you could make money off those!

I have sold some before, and some are in my personal collection.  I don't make a whole lot of money, of course--it'd be pennies if it was an hourly wage.  But that's not the point, obviously.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

ghanisbuli

Quote from: NeverForget on July 03, 2008, 17:52:56
Hi ghanisbuli, my congratulations for your paintings, I find them incredible. Great job! :smth023

I'm not good as you are, sometimes happens that I try to draw something... :roll:

I only use a pencil, but I'm willing to learn something more, wanted to go to art school but I've choosen a different path, unfortunately...So, may I ask you what did you use for the first one, with Robert's face? And what are you using for the last one? I find it's coming up well...that eye! Wow...how did you learn? Sorry, too many questions  :oops:

p.s.: Maybe I've troubles with my browser, but actually I can't see Cure Freak's paintings, so sad...but I'm sure they're astonishing :D

Thank you very much!

The first one (I think I know which one is the first one) is pencil.  I'm using oil paints for the one I'm working on now.  It's the first time I've done a Cure painting in oils, and I'm excited for it, because I think I paint better in oils.

I pretty much taught myself to paint.  I took basic art and then painting in high school, but I can't say I really learned anything in there.  We painted color wheels and color gradients mostly, and only used acrylic paint once and never used oils.  We didn't really learn technique or anything.  Painting was just something I always -felt- like I could do--I've always loved art since I was little, and painting especially just seemed like it'd be simple to me as a child.  One day when I was about 10 years old, I decided that I was going to paint a portrait of my friend.  I thought it'd be easy to just put the colors and shapes where the colors and shapes go.  Well, it didn't turn out at all.  But I've kept that outlook on painting since then.  So, when I got older, around age 17, I decided that I could paint portraits.  I tried, and succeeded that time.  It's kind of a natural ability, but the more I paint, the more my technique develops and changes.

Thank you to all of you for your wonderful comments!
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

NeverForget

Quote from: ghanisbuli on July 04, 2008, 02:46:40
The first one (I think I know which one is the first one) is pencil.
Yes, I had a feeling that it was in pencil but I wasn't sure. Thank you for answering  :D
It's so well done I couldn't believe it was simple pencil.

Usually I try to do portraits, but only in pencil, and then I stop. I didn't study art at school, only History of Art, so I wasn't taught practical tecniques, nothing. It's kind of natural ability, when I like someone and I feel in contact with him/her or when I admire someone, then comes easy to simply copy what I see...but still, I feel like it's always something incomplete, and for this I don't like to show them. They're just preparatory drawings, I can say.
I'll need a lot of practice to master a tecnique to complete them.

Thank you for sharing your personal experience, I've found it very interesting.

Keep doing those nice paintings! :D

@silversand: Thank you! ;)
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."

silversand

You're welcome NeverForget :)