Russia attacks Ukraine

Started by dsanchez, February 24, 2022, 10:20:02

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

This is just a start. It took long enough. Watch out for the big cats!

QuotePoland has delivered its first Leopard tanks to Ukraine, the country's president and its defence minister told a meeting of the National Security Council on Friday (February 24).

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

70-year-old tanks? Boy-oh-boy...  :1f633:  :1f635:

https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/ukraine/id_100134992/russland-schickt-panzer-btr-50-in-die-ukraine-sie-sind-so-alt-wie-putin.html

QuoteRussland schickt offenbar Panzer aus der Zeit des Kalten Krieges in den Angriffskrieg gegen die Ukraine. Das legen Beiträge russischer Militärblogger im Messenger-Dienst Telegram nahe, die das Kriegsgerät in Bewegung zeigen.

"Russlands antike BTR-50 Transportpanzer wurden aus den Lagern geholt und auf dem Weg in die Ukraine gesichtet", schreibt der Militärblog "Defence Blog".
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

QuoteThe President of Ukraine held a meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
:1f62e:

MeltingMan

Very good hit location, only the course of the front is very reminiscent of that of Demyansk in 1943.  :1f631:

MeltingMan

After reading some irritating comments, I have to say something here: I think there is a misunderstanding in Kiev and Washington about the dilemma in which Germany and France find themselves. This is the only way to understand that Berlin and Paris pushed Ukraine into negotiations with the Kremlin. Why sacrifice something that has grown over thirty years and beyond? I think Olaf Scholz was trying to refute the accusation of "blackmail" in the tank issue with this trip. As far as his "hesitancy" is concerned, I must remind you that the USA only intervened in World War I and World War II after a long hesitation. Of course, one has to admit that Berlin initially underestimated the Ukrainians' will to persevere. However, I have no idea how Kiev intends to achieve its war goals.  :?

MeltingMan

And we thought THESE pictures will not come back. It is very reminiscent of the Demyansk bottleneck.

MeltingMan

I would return all the Oscars.

MeltingMan

MeltingMan

QuoteThe bloc aims to deliver 1 million 155-millimeter artillery shells to Ukraine in the next 12 months as well as replenish EU stocks.

Apparently, the Ukrainians use up to 9,000 pieces of this caliber... a day.

MeltingMan

QuoteREPORT: U.S. PROBING SWISS BANKS COMPLIANCE WITH SANCTIONS;
:smth023

MeltingMan

Rare shots of a French TRF1 in action.

MeltingMan

Bakhmut is becoming the Verdun of the East. Here is a captured gun in action. Hold on guys.

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on March 30, 2023, 19:55:36Bakhmut is becoming the Verdun of the East.

I'm saddened to hear this. So many lives lost.  :'(
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

QuotePutin's defeat to be expected in October - an interview with military expert Keupp

In an interview with ZDFheute live, military expert Keupp paints a disastrous picture of the Russian army. He expects Ukraine to win in October. Is the Russian army in such bad shape that it suffered a defeat in October's war of aggression against Ukraine? Military expert Marcus Keupp assumes this and explains the reasons live in an interview with ZDFheute:

According to estimates by military analysts, Russia will soon have lost 10,000 heavy weapon systems and tanks, according to Keupp. That is a rate of attrition that Russia cannot sustain. "It's actually only a matter of time before they run out of reserves."

In addition, the repurchase of 25 Leopard 2 from Switzerland by Rheinmetall is as good as done. After being put back into service, they are destined for Ukraine.  :smth023

MeltingMan

I am pleased that the two blocks that have this beautiful exterior are still standing. Hold on guys. The opponent burns his last reserves in Bakhmut. You make history; I pray for you... :angel

For comparison: post #46. Then two have been destroyed so far.