The Cure members and their right to privacy

Started by dsanchez, October 10, 2022, 00:45:28

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Recently, someone shared on FB a few photos of The Cure in the intimacy of their hotel. Clearly this person happened to be at the same hotel as The Cure was and decided to take photos without the band members knowing about it. I certainly won't republish or share links of those here, but in one of them you could clearly see Roger's disturbed face as he realizes he is being photographed.

When I travel in KLM the captain always says on the microphone that passengers are not allowed to take photos of the crew without their permission. Can we just take pictures of The Cure inside their hotel without them knowing it, and then share that in social media just because they are famous?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Looks like action was taken on this topic and the post in question was removed from that FB group. Glad to see good sense prevailing! The below tweet express exactly my thoughts on this matter:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on October 10, 2022, 12:33:18Looks like action was taken on this topic and the post in question was removed from that FB group0

Sadly, the post is again visible in that group.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Redser

Quote from: dsanchez on October 10, 2022, 00:45:28Recently, someone shared on FB a few photos of The Cure in the intimacy of their hotel. Clearly this person happened to be at the same hotel as The Cure was and decided to take photos without the band members knowing about it. I certainly won't republish or share links of those here, but in one of them you could clearly see Roger's disturbed face as he realizes he is being photographed.

When I travel in KLM the captain always says on the microphone that passengers are not allowed to take photos of the crew without their permission. Can we just take pictures of The Cure inside their hotel without them knowing it, and then share that in social media just because they are famous?

If your referring to my photos or my friends photos ...youre wrong. We were both staying in their hotel and were very respectful of the band. All photos were requested and approved and their minder, who we got to know just asked us to keep distance due to covid. all band members chatted and stopped for photos.

chemicaloverload

It's beyond creepy, it's invasive and unnecessary.
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Rietan

And anyway those photos are not about music, so nobody needs them. Same goes for the cure st the airport or wherever. I dont see any value at all. But ok i am old fashioned

dsanchez

Quote from: Redser on October 10, 2022, 20:15:30
Quote from: Redser on October 10, 2022, 20:15:30
Quote from: dsanchez on October 10, 2022, 00:45:28Recently, someone shared on FB a few photos of The Cure in the intimacy of their hotel. Clearly this person happened to be at the same hotel as The Cure was and decided to take photos without the band members knowing about it. I certainly won't republish or share links of those here, but in one of them you could clearly see Roger's disturbed face as he realizes he is being photographed.

If your referring to my photos or my friends photos ...youre wrong. We were both staying in their hotel and were very respectful of the band. All photos were requested and approved and their minder, who we got to know just asked us to keep distance due to covid. all band members chatted and stopped for photos.
If your referring to my photos or my friends photos ...youre wrong. We were both staying in their hotel and were very respectful of the band

We are definitely not talking about the same photos. The ones I am referring to were clearly taken without the band knowing they were photographed.

It was so creepy that several other people called out on FB the same I am calling out here. If I were to be in the same hotel as Bob I would ask him if I can get a pic from/with him. I am not sure why I would take photos of him in a clandestine way. It's just not right.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo