2023.06.21 New York, NY Madison Square Garden (USA)

Started by dsanchez, March 11, 2023, 20:32:34

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

https://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2023-06-21.php

Alone
Pictures Of You
A Fragile Thing
A Night Like This
Lovesong
And Nothing Is Forever
Like Cockatoos
Burn
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
Charlotte Sometimes
Push
Fascination Street
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Endsong

I Can Never Say Goodbye
Want
Shake Dog Shake
One Hundred Years
A Forest

Lullaby
The Walk
Friday I'm In Love
Doing The Unstuck
Close To Me
Why Can't I Be You?
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
Boys Don't Cry
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Ulrich

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-cure-brought-classic-basslines-and-great-vibes-to-msg-night-2-pics-review-setlist/

QuoteThe 1980s produced a lot of great basslines and, watching The Cure's marathon show on Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden, it was hard not to be struck by how many of those this band responsible for. Long-running bassist Simon Gallup, wearing a sleeveless Iron Maiden t-shirt and his bass slung very low, is well aware of this (he played almost all of them) and was not afraid to ham it up a little, striking poses, throwing shapes, playing atop stage monitors and generally running around the stage non-stop as he drove "Fascination Street," "Charlotte Sometimes," "The Walk," "Lovesong," and "Push." Nowhere was he more in his element than on "A Forest," that ended the first encore and was basically the Simon Gallup Show with an extended jam-out as he hammered his instrument into a noisy dissolve.

Robert Smith too reveled in the scene at MSG scene. He was all smiles while greeting the crowd, as fans waved trying to get his attention, and busted out charmingly gawky dance moves to the delight of everyone. He was having a great time on Wednesday and, at 64, still is at the top of his game. Unlike a few of his '80s contemporaries, his voice is in great shape and never faltered across The Cure's 29-song set, unleashing those signature wails, yelps and occasional growls.

Ulrich