FLAC Decoding Problems

Started by B.DEE, October 12, 2007, 22:32:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure Freak

Quote from: scatcat on November 06, 2007, 13:23:17
Quote from: Cure Freak on November 06, 2007, 12:56:18
sorry for being such a dunb ass. but i'm new to this flac format.
and thanks ,japanesebaby.

hey, no, d*b ass, just like me... I thought I was the dumb ass :shock: learning different formats, updated formats, and what will be the ultimate format for maintaining and keeping music files that [ I have spent a weekend downloading.. thus causing a migraine!!]

If Windows Media Player( which came with my PC package, and had really no practical use for before,.. cannot read flac files.. then , we need something else. I was TOTALLY unaware of this technical stuff until a very helpful Curefan moderator gave me advice... now that my migraine has gone, I'll try to see what I can actually do with the winamp program.. cos my media player does not recognise the format. wav., mp3,etc.. seem to be old..  I'll get back on this topic when I have BRAIN power to see how winamp goes as far as transferring flac files!!  :smth023 
p.s.. I am new to just about every technology!! .. I am soo happy I am not alone..  :smth001
I'm not really that technical illerate. Just new to flac formatting.
I, mean, I built my own pc.
And if you have winamp, just play the files on it. anyway. Makes more sense.

japanesebaby

nobody's dumb ass. and this section is here for question anyway, that's the purpose of it.
glad if it's been any help.
happy flac-ing "guys" :smth023
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Good discussion here.

As a Windows user myself, I'll just say that I've found Media Player to be a rather useless program for audio. I've never even bothered to learn the basic operations after all these years. It just seems really silly and tedious compared to Winamp.

Media Player is ok for playing videos (most of the time), but Winamp has been my main audio playback software for about 10 years now...

Cure Freak

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 06, 2007, 23:48:36
Good discussion here.

As a Windows user myself, I'll just say that I've found Media Player to be a rather useless program for audio. I've never even bothered to learn the basic operations after all these years. It just seems really silly and tedious compared to Winamp.

Media Player is ok for playing videos (most of the time), but Winamp has been my main audio playback software for about 10 years now...
Since I started using Winamp. i can totlally see the difference. It is a far better program for audio, than media player.

japanesebaby ~ thanks, again, for all advice and info. Well appreciated. I got rid of the converter program. I found I had no real need for it. :smth023

Steve

While not exactly a decoding issue, I am still using W(i)MP with a flac codec, but I just aquired a 24 bit encoded set of flacs & seems I need a new codec.
However, I can't seem to find one.
Does Winamp support 24 bit flacs too?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

lostflower4

Steve

I think then, that's the last time I'll use WiMP then.
Just downloaded winamp & playing my 24 bit flacs with no complaints.
Just one more thing.
I'm assuming I can burn flacs straight to audio cd right (no conversion crap needed)?
Does it support gapless recording too?
Cheers
Steve

lostflower4

Quote from: Steve on December 19, 2007, 17:00:30I'm assuming I can burn flacs straight to audio cd right (no conversion crap needed)?
Does it support gapless recording too?

I've never used it for burning, and I couldn't recommend it. The only two programs I'd ever burn a CD with are PlexTools and EAC â€" because they allow for write offset correction.

And of those two, PlexTools is the only one than can go straight from FLAC to CD without an intermediate WAV conversion. Unfortunately, you can only use PlexTools if you have a Plextor CD/DVD drive.

Steve

I think I have it now actually.
I just got a flac plugin for Nero. I'll give it a whirl later.
Thanks for the advice though.
Cheers
Steve

lostflower4

Quote from: Steve on December 20, 2007, 07:37:14
I think I have it now actually.
I just got a flac plugin for Nero. I'll give it a whirl later.
Thanks for the advice though.

Hey, if you wanna burn CDs with the wrong offsets, Nero is a great program. :roll:

The only thing Nero is good for is burning data discs.

Steve

Never knew that.
I suppose I had better try something else then.
:roll:
Cheers
Steve