most emotional live performance

Started by nerdiee, May 16, 2023, 06:42:54

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdiee

what are the most emotional the cure  performances or concert do you know?

Just recently I listened to a "faith" live version, that was dedicated to the massacre in Tiananmen Square... I still worry about it, I think this is the most emotional and painful performance of Robert..his scream completely shocked me, I was frightened and upset for a long time, other people's emotions always knock me down..if I were there, in the place of someone .. for example, in the place of Simon, I would do everything so that Robert would stop grieve so painfully, I would not stand his crying..

although I understand that this is probably just a performance.. or probably not ... but it's too many emotions, too much for me ... but nevertheless, I still like it
teach me how to swim at the same deep water as you

Ulrich

Quote from: nerdiee on May 16, 2023, 06:42:54although I understand that this is probably just a performance.. or probably not ...

I don't think it's a "performance" or a "pose", I don't have the impression that Robert would produce "fake tears" on stage... he's too honest about his emotions in the songs for that.

Personally I find it difficult to pin it down to one "most emotional performance", because there are just so many of them among all the concerts The Cure have played since 1978! (And I witnessed only a few of them myself.)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: nerdieeJust recently I listened to a "faith" live version, that was dedicated to the massacre in Tiananmen Square

Sounds interesting. If you know, say, a few The Cure singles, even just BDC or 'Friday', and then hear a live version of Faith, it can be harrowing, almost religious. For me it led me to delve deeper into The Cure in the first place. In 1989, Faith was a regular encore. If I had attended a concert back then, I would have had one of these special experiences to answer your question. I don't know if I'll live long enough to hear Faith live.  :anguished:
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on May 19, 2023, 10:57:37... and then hear a live version of Faith, it can be harrowing, almost religious.

Now you mention it, that reminds me of my first Cure concert back in 1992. Unexpectedly, they did play "Faith" as the last encore at this one (usually they played "A Forest" at that point during this tour)!
It was indeed almost like a religious experience, like I told friends "it felt like in a church", I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I wondered "what are all these people doing here?"...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

nerdiee

Quote from: Ulrich on May 19, 2023, 15:50:32
Quote from: MeltingMan on May 19, 2023, 10:57:37... and then hear a live version of Faith, it can be harrowing, almost religious.

Now you mention it, that reminds me of my first Cure concert back in 1992. Unexpectedly, they did play "Faith" as the last encore at this one (usually they played "A Forest" at that point during this tour)!
It was indeed almost like a religious experience, like I told friends "it felt like in a church", I closed my eyes and when I opened them again I wondered "what are all these people doing here?"...
yes, you are so immersed in the song that nothing exists around you except you and this music...
only it surrounds you like water
teach me how to swim at the same deep water as you