Previous topic - Next topic

Did Lol Write All Cats Are Grey?

Yes
4 (50%)
No
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Bloodflower

That is to say, was Lol the primary composer of the words, as has been claimed by him in a few interviews?

I don't believe it myself.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Adlib

When the wise shows the star, the fools look at his finger...

Dillinger

Janko

:smth011

SORRY BLOODFLOWER, BUT I FIND THIS TOPIC REALLY INSULTING!
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE ACCUSING HIM OF BEING A LIAR.
IF LOL SAID HE WROTE THIS SONG, THEN HE DID WRITE THE SONG.
I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY SONG HE SAID HE WROTE!

ONCE ON SOME OTHER FORUM THERE WAS A TOPIC ABOUT THE "NON-ROBERT" CURE SONGS, I THINK WE SHOULD MAKE A LIST!

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on June 06, 2007, 11:32:33
ONCE ON SOME OTHER FORUM THERE WAS A TOPIC ABOUT THE "NON-ROBERT" CURE SONGS, I THINK WE SHOULD MAKE A LIST!

yes, maybe a topic for "non-robert" songs which also try to provide possible source info to back up the claims (be it this way or that way) would be more illustrating than just listing our personal opinions of whether we do believe or don't(?)
i mean, people can believe in all sorts of things if they only choose to. to provide a starting point for conversation we'd maybe need to formulate the question differently, in order to take it outside the mere question of believing/not believing something(?).

i don't mean we'd need to find answers to anything or to prove our words - i just mean that there might be some people reading the forum who'd might want to know where the claims are based on, who are not so familiar with the sources that back up the claims.
so mere "i dos" or "i don'ts" don't really clarify this any further for them.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

Quote from: Janko on June 06, 2007, 11:32:33
:smth011

SORRY BLOODFLOWER, BUT I FIND THIS TOPIC REALLY INSULTING!
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE ACCUSING HIM OF BEING A LIAR.
IF LOL SAID HE WROTE THIS SONG, THEN HE DID WRITE THE SONG.
I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY SONG HE SAID HE WROTE!

:smth023

Look, it's this way:

Lol and Robert have both claimed they wrote All Cats Are Grey (Robert has said that The Funeral Party and All Cats Are Grey were written on the same day). That means that one of them is lying. Do you only find it insulting to believe Lol is lying? Is it not insulting to believe Robert is lying?

If Robert says he wrote the song, then he wrote the song! Right? Same logic....

One of them is lying: Robert or Lol. This is just my way of finding out whether the Curefans community tends to believe it to be Robert's song or Lol's.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Janko

WELL, LOL IS MORE LIKELY TELLING THE TRUTH, BECAUSE THIS IS  THE ONLY SONG LYRIC  HE SAID HE WROTE...

:smth001
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Bloodflower

Lol... (forgive the pun!)

That's some mighty logic you've got on your hands, Janko....