The Cure to release new singles

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2008, 19:25:08

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: wish-man on June 25, 2008, 17:43:25
Can I trust EBay?

do you mean is it safe to buy from there, or can you trust ebay on the preliminary info about this release?
both depends on the seller, i suppose.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2008, 12:08:09

some further applications of the artwork:
as i was rather disappointed with the designs of the recent tour merchandise (imo, there was no design at all!), i hope they'll have some good looking stuff available next, based on these parched art designs. something that reminds the originality of the wish tour merch!
same here and i hope there will be better designs, if an album tour comes about.

wish-man

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2008, 17:48:13

do you mean is it safe to buy from there, or can you trust ebay on the preliminary info about this release?

I mean do is it safe to buy from there something please  :?
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

japanesebaby

Quote from: wish-man on June 25, 2008, 18:23:39
Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2008, 17:48:13

I mean do is it safe to buy from there something please  :?

like everywhere, there are good sellers and bad sellers on ebay (because ebay is just a market place, all sellers there work individually).
in general, just look into the reputation of the sellers and choose a seller with good feedback/reputation.
i've never been cheated on ebay so far but i've always been carefully to choose from which seller i was buying from.

wish-man

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2008, 18:29:01
like everywhere, there are good sellers and bad sellers on ebay (because ebay is just a market place, all sellers there work individually).
in general, just look into the reputation of the sellers and choose a seller with good feedback/reputation.
i've never been cheated on ebay so far but i've always been carefully to choose from which seller i was buying from.

Well, then I think better to buy on IdealCopy stuff like this.
Im asking cuz I never ever buy items on EBay and wanted to try if its safe, but as I see company didn't get 100% of decency of the users, than I think I'll never address to them for something. Maybe as a last resort...
Thanks!  :smth023

mahood

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 25, 2008, 12:08:09
as i was rather disappointed with the designs of the recent tour merchandise (imo, there was no design at all!), i hope they'll have some good looking stuff available next, based on these parched art designs. something that reminds the originality of the wish tour merch!

and even more important, we can now all relax & breathe, for it's very unlikely that the album artwork will be the one with this awful picture of the band, as featured on the 2007-2008 tour book.
but yes, i don't get the lizard thing design on some T-shirts : it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
???

i'm very happy to read it confirmed that sleep when i'm dead will be the next single, my favourite new (so to speak, if it was indeed written in 1985) song so far, with underneath the stars.
i'll leave the loudness war mention to another topic, though...
signs, flowers, weapons and balloons

Tof

@ wish-man & japanesebaby

I recently buy THE CURE - Freakshow UK 7" & CD Set one week ago and I still waiting the 7" & CD Set, so I send an e mail to the seller and he reply me one day later and tell me that my order has been sent out. When you look the feedback of this seller, you can see that in one years he have 10719 positive feedback, 24 neutral feedback and 33 negative feedback and you can see that he reply to the neutral and negative feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350070459007&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022
Tof

wish-man

Quote from: Tof on June 26, 2008, 02:23:45

I recently buy THE CURE - Freakshow UK 7" & CD Set one week ago and I still waiting the 7" & CD Set, so I send an e mail to the seller and he reply me one day later and tell me that my order has been sent out. When you look the feedback of this seller, you can see that in one years he have 10719 positive feedback, 24 neutral feedback and 33 negative feedback and you can see that he reply to the neutral and negative feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350070459007&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

I regret tht u didn't get Freakshow yet  :(
Also thank u for explanation!
But if for example there would be NEW seller w/ no status, say he selling first time 1 item. Wht happening then? Than I aslo havn't 100% tht I'll get this item

Tof

I received the THE CURE - Freakshow UK 7" & CD Set today from this seller (indieville) with no problem !!!

Quote from: wish-man on June 26, 2008, 10:32:26
Quote from: Tof on June 26, 2008, 02:23:45

I regret tht u didn't get Freakshow yet  :(
Also thank u for explanation!
But if for example there would be NEW seller w/ no status, say he selling first time 1 item. Wht happening then? Than I aslo havn't 100% tht I'll get this item

Tof

rodney

To be honest, if you're a seller, and you sell a substantial amount of product, current eBay rules make it VERY difficult to maintain a 100% average.  If you've got less than 100% that does not necessarily make you dishonest.

japanesebaby

Quote from: rodney on June 26, 2008, 14:26:41
To be honest, if you're a seller, and you sell a substantial amount of product, current eBay rules make it VERY difficult to maintain a 100% average.  If you've got less than 100% that does not necessarily make you dishonest.

yes, that's true. when i said "look for a seller with good reputation" i did not mean only sellers with full 100%. one should look at the feedback as awhole/the amount of sales in total and decide  according to that.
besides, i don't think the biggest cheaters out there on ebay are those who sell some small stuff like cd and 7" singles... if you are going to buy a car or something, then it's maybe different and one should look out more.

(by the way i've been cheated a few times by some independent online stores but never got cheated by an ebay store.)

firecrasher

You might want to read exactly what the negative feedbacks are. Once I ordered from a half.com seller with a million positives and a small amount of negatives... but almost all the negatives were because items were never sent... and that's exactly what happened to me :(
[i]so this is permanence... love's shattered pride...[/i]

tigermilk

I agree with the artwork. Fantastic on all singles so far, very artistic.

By the way, anyone seen the lyrics for "Down Under"?

NeverForget

There's a bit of the the Sleep when I'm dead studio version, finally, on the official site.
http://www.thecure.com/

10 days left, can't wait!

I've already said that, but I do love the cover, I'd like a t-shirt like that  :-D
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."