Vinyl 4:13

Started by Nicholas, November 15, 2008, 20:50:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas

Hi--just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the vinyl version of 4:13 Dream has the same problem as the singles, that is to say, using the CD master instead of one specifically mastered for the vinyl.  Sorry if this has been stated elsewhere, thanks!

japanesebaby

a good inquiry.
i have not been able to check this firsthand yet as the vinyl is only supposed to be released (=imported) around here next week.
but the vinyl singles were just as bad sound wise as the cd singles. so if i had to guess, iäd say there is very little hope the vinyl album would be any different... 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

mahood

same here.
actually i still haven't got a clue of many of the new "official studio" songs (just curious about them, i still don't think they'll beat the live versions), since i want to buy the vinyl only, and it has been unavailable from the supposed release date.
apparently it was supposed to be released (not even imported) last monday, since then i don't know.
has anybody here even just seen this vinyl version ? does it exist ?
signs, flowers, weapons and balloons

japanesebaby

so it looks like it's been delayed everywhere then (thanks to "the mighty U" once again?).
i asked about it from one of the local stores last week and they told me it should(?) be available next tuesday at the earliest. let's see...

nausearockpig

HMV has it as relesaed on 10 November -> http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=281;1;-1;-1;-1&sku=896653 but it's out of stock.. sigh...

japanesebaby

oh well:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=1886767188052333210&postID=2250449760424137654

but just go to the store and hold that "double vinyl" in your hand: it's such a thin package that you wouldn't even think it's a double unless it said so in the cover.
it's not enough for universal to press that dreadful cd master on vinyl but they even use the cheapest possible material so that it sounds even worse than the cd...
wow. got to admire that. :roll:

nausearockpig

yeah now you mention it, it did feel very light-on so when i flipped it i was surprised that sides a, b, c and d were listed....

sure this wasn't the case with The Cure black discs... then again can't  quite remember nor can i be bothered going looking...

Nicholas

Ah, that is very depressing.  Thanks, though, for the info and feedback!

GreenGhost

I got my vinyl copy last week.  For what it's worth mine seems to play OK.  Sure, I note the thin factor, tight sleeves, and the sound is no better than the CD... but it at least works and sounds as it is supposed to.  I got mine from Circuit City.
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart

www.chimneysweeprecords.com

lostflower4

It's too bad to hear about this. Hopefully not all of the vinyl releases are deformed, although I'm afraid it probably is hit and miss.

To me, this is just kind of like one last slap in the face after putting out such a poor-sounding CD. I didn't expect the vinyl to sound much better, but it's like they had to come up with yet another way to screw things up.  :?

Well, before I rant on too much I'm curious to hear if anyone else managed to find a non-defective vinyl?