2009.04.19 Indio - Empire Polo Fields (USA) 'Coachella Festival'

Started by takaros72, January 30, 2009, 14:40:33

Previous topic - Next topic

fiction

Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on April 22, 2009, 06:57:57
the tracks have been split up and are available for download at http://www.sendspace.com/file/bd8i7o, taper taped in mp3 and so are these files.

Thanx. The band sounds surprisingly vivid. I really think I missed something here.
again and again and again and again and again and...

AndyTheCureFan

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 22, 2009, 15:36:43
Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on April 22, 2009, 06:57:57
Quote from: ghanisbuli on April 22, 2009, 06:41:29
Thanks so much for posting this site!  I can't wait until I have time to listen to it all.  I watched most of it on the webcast, but it cut in and out anyway...  And now I can keep it!
I am splitting his one mp3 file into separate tracks. if you want to wait a little longer i suggest downloading that.

-edit-

the tracks have been split up and are available for download at http://www.sendspace.com/file/bd8i7o, taper taped in mp3 and so are these files.

thanks for the links.

just curious, do you have something with which to split an mp3 track (i've never really found much software with which to do this), or did you go via mp3 > wav (split) > mp3?

unfortunately i did mp3 to mp3 which is a reencode. the taper said he wouldn't be back in Australia until June and until then would he be able to split the wav files. i know such loss quality isn't allowed here, but i just didn't want to listen to the whole thing as a solid mp3.

japanesebaby

Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on April 23, 2009, 00:33:33
unfortunately i did mp3 to mp3 which is a reencode. the taper said he wouldn't be back in Australia until June and until then would he be able to split the wav files. i know such loss quality isn't allowed here, but i just didn't want to listen to the whole thing as a solid mp3.

well i thought you might have done that because that's what always happens if you want to edit mp3s - that's one of the main reasons why taping in mp3s is really not such a good idea, even if one wanted to share the stuff in mp3s. you can't edit anything, not eve add some simple track marks(!).

i think you could just mention the re-encoding there, together with your original post.

Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on April 23, 2009, 00:33:33
the taper said he wouldn't be back in Australia until June and until then would he be able to split the wav files.

so he did record in wav after all, not in mp3s?  any hope he could actually share in wav too then? i'm sure that a lot of people out there would really appreciate that.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

jbud1980

i promise to post some of the pics i took at coachella ASAP. things have been quite hectic and i have not had much time to do much. also, i need to find the cable to connect my camera to the computer, lol.  :?

Cure

any video of the show???
i mean, apart from the 1s in youtube.. =)
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

largeststarintheuniverse

Was the complete Coachella show webcast?
If not which selection of songs were webcast?

AndyTheCureFan

The complete show was webcasted, we are waiting on Maree from CoF to upload the video. She said she'd have time this weekend.

jbud1980

largeststarintheuniverse

Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on April 25, 2009, 01:29:04
The complete show was webcasted, we are waiting on Maree from CoF to upload the video. She said she'd have time this weekend.

Thanks for the info.

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on April 25, 2009, 19:15:43
a few coachella pix...

thanks for the pics jbud. +1
(how i miss the sun and palm trees...)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

jbud1980

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 26, 2009, 09:56:19
a few coachella pix...

thanks for the pics jbud. +1
(how i miss the sun and palm trees...)

no problem. yeah, southern california has a few pluses. :)

alwaysprayingforRAIN

a few coachella pix...

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2009/coachella/?action=gallery

thanks!!!! they are great
how do you manage to take such good clear pictures?  ... my concert pics are usually messed up with the light and things.
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

jbud1980

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on April 28, 2009, 16:37:53
a few coachella pix...

how do you manage to take such good clear pictures?  ... my concert pics are usually messed up with the light and things.

i have no idea, my camera is a few years old and of poor quality. maybe praying to the cure gods paid off?  :?:

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: jbud1980 on April 29, 2009, 02:22:50
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on April 28, 2009, 16:37:53
a few coachella pix...

i have no idea, my camera is a few years old and of poor quality. maybe praying to the cure gods paid off?  :?:

haha well I'll definitely try that next time :D i hope there are coldplay gods too....
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you