2008.06.09 Houston - Toyota Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

From COF

Setlist: Intro (Adagio For Strings), Out Of This World, Want, Fascination Street, A Night Like This, The End of the World, Lovesong, A Boy I Never Knew, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Maybe Someday, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, Kyoto Song, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, The Blood, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, How Beautiful You Are, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, A Letter To Elise, Us Or Them, One Hundred Years, Bloodflowers

1st encore: Plainsong, Disintegration
2nd encore: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab
3rd encore: A Forest (with extended lyrics)- video available exclusively here soon!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

http://www.toyotacentertix.com/

They have a mailer and offer pre-sales for some events.  If you're thinking about going to this show it might be a good idea to sign up for it.

chivicure

Hello!!

I want to go to this conciert at the Houston's Toyota Center, anyone has 1 ticket (floor A,B or C section?) I saw there are no more tickets in this area... please?  :smth100

j

I have a ticket, section b, row 3, but there is a slight problem.  I'm using the ticket for me! :rocker

Sorry...couldn't resist!

chivicure

j

Made it to Houston....

Looks like I may need to schedule a return trip for that Celine Dion show  :lol:

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on June 09, 2008, 22:00:30
Looks like I may need to schedule a return trip for that Celine Dion show  :lol:

oh crap you just reminded me that i completely forgot to go back to paris for her bercy dates!:

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/curefans/DSC02072.JPG.html?action=gallery

:?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

jakso

Finally they played A Boy I Never Knew. Nice. :smth023

j

Probably the best show I have seen from them in years.  They sounded great, Robert was very chatty and engaging.  Simon seemed annoyed at the start of A Forest.  Not sure if it was a problem with his gear, or if he was wincing at the noise created by Porl and Robert jamming basically face to face in front of Porl's amp.

It was amazing actually hearing Porl play tonight- because I was so close, I was able to hear Porl's guitar from his amp.  Still a mystery as to why he is so low in the PA mix.  Forgot to ask their sound guy about that!  I have full videos of A Boy I Never Knew, A Letter To Elise (for my daughter, Elise!), and Plainsong.  I also have the last 5 minutes of A Forest with the alternate lyrics.  All should be posted here in the video section sometime in the near future.

Tonight ended show number 3 in the past 4 days (and 7 of the 10 shows this tour), and all that means to me is:

a) I need to get up in 4 hours to go to the airport to fly home
b) I have to re-enter the real world and go back to work (for a week then, I'm off to Cleveland and NYC)

Yuck! :smth100

j

And a quick pic from tonight until the Houston section of the gallery is set up:

crowbi_wan

Sounds like a great show, j.  Thanks for the report.  

I certainly enjoyed being in close proximity to Porl's amps for a few shows.  It makes for a completely different sound when you have him blasting away straight ahead and everything is coming from above, behind, around you.  

I'm curious if that extended bit at the end of A forest was leaning towards Forever or really just some jamming going on to close out the song?    

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 10, 2008, 08:12:38

I'm curious if that extended bit at the end of A forest was leaning towards Forever or really just some jamming going on to close out the song?   

I was waiting for it, but it always had the Forest bass line going.  I can post a sample tomorrow (the video is uploading right now and is 150mb +....and you know as well as I do how fast Hampton's upload speeds are :roll:)

j

I forgot to mention....A Boy I Never Knew had different lyrics tonight.  Not sure if RS just screwed them up, or if re-wording the lyrics was the "technical difficulties"