Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
11
MELTING MAN:

It's difficult to predict what's going to happen, but Robert doesn't seem particularly opportunist, so I don't think he's going to forget the older fans. He seems to be the kind of person that's weary of new people, and I believe he can differentiate the mainstream fans from the deeper fans. It seems that he's impressed that they're still able to do this and he must recognize that it's the older fans, their younger siblings, and their children who are keeping them going. The new fans of the younger generations might love them as much as the older fans (think of young fans of Beatles, Rolling Stones, et. al. who never got to see them play, but get to know their music and stories as well as the older fans) so they're helping to keep them going, too. I think in principle Robert would like to be fair to the newer fans, too, but he won't abandon the older fans for the new.

I tried to be a goth during my Cure obsession years, thinking that if I was to be really devoted to The Cure I had to mirror them, but I was too colorful and happy to be a true goth, but I was drawn to the music because it expressed the feelings of what my life was like that I didn't know how to talk about. Now I understand that The Cure balances out my happy disposition. I'm like the Sun and they're like the Moon.

The Cure was the only band I spent a lot of time getting to know about. I liked The Smiths and Morrissey, liked Depeche Mode, Siouxsie, Suede, Gene, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, Slowdive, Pulp, Mazzy Star, Echobelly...but The Cure was the only band I was devoted to. It's still the same.






12
Tickets on sale this 23.10 for 5,990 Serbian Dinar (50.69 Euro)

info corrected in the first post.
13
Tickets

https://www.exitfest.org/en/tickets/worldwide/

4-days tickets:

  • EXIT TRIBE (4 DAYS) 89€
  • EARLY BIRD PRICE (4 DAYS) 99€

— One-Day Tickets – valid for Thursday, July 4 (when The Cure plays!):

  • THURSDAY GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR 29€
  • THURSDAY FAN PIT 39€ (this is probably the one recommended to Curefans - still trying to find out what benefits the "fan pit" brings, will update when we know more)
  • THURSDAY VIP GOLD 100€

IMPORTANT: Ticket sale commences this 23th October at noon!

How to get there?

https://www.exittrip.org/en/exit-festival-getting-there#exit



14
Something else / Re: What's On Your Mind Atm??
« Last post by MeltingMan on October 16, 2018, 17:34:02 »
...but actually I do like room temperature for my beer.  :oops:
15
Something else / Re: What's On Your Mind Atm??
« Last post by MeltingMan on October 16, 2018, 17:25:16 »
Oh-oh. Time to fill up the fridge for Christmas.  :yum:
16
I asked them when The Cure is playing and they wrote me back: "Hello, David, we will announce the complete line-up in June". :/

hey david,

thanks for your help, unfortunately not the answer I waited for.
Same with Southside/Hurrican ... so It's nearly impossible to make a real plan -
it's more like gambling, ...

Kisses
pillowman
17
I asked them when The Cure is playing and they wrote me back:

Quote
Hello, David, we will announce the complete line-up in June

:/
18
Something else / Re: What's On Your Mind Atm??
« Last post by Ulrich on October 16, 2018, 14:37:42 »
... I mean there's actually no need for any panic ...

Oh yes, there is!!!!  :1f62e:

Quote
Severe climate events could cause shortages in the global beer supply, according to new research
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181015113555.htm
19
Something else / Re: What's On Your Mind Atm??
« Last post by Ulrich on October 16, 2018, 10:39:39 »
My pleasure, good that you found it.  :smth023

I must admit that I haven't followed "Places of interest..." because I can't afford any trip now ....

Neither do I, but I still enjoy doing some "research" about such places!  :cool
20
The audience of The Cure consists roundabout of 80% mainstream. The latter wants "Greatest Hits" and more festivals - so to speak. That's quite the opposite from what an average fan wants. Those are the remaining 20%.

Where do those numbers come from? That might ring true for a festival show. (The fact that they will play festivals in 2019, does not mean that they will never do a tour of their own, btw. The only thing that bugs me a little bit, is that a festival tour indicates that a new album is not very likely in the near future...)

...as long as he keeps those 20% in mind. Is that still the case? I don't know. I hope so!!

As far as I remember from an older interview, it is mainly Robert and Simon who decide about the setlist(s).
I'm pretty sure they do keep "older fans" in mind, e.g. by adding the odd "rarity". (Of course, with those festival gigs, there will be more emphasis on the "hits".)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10