New guidelines for posting in the Audio section

Started by lostflower4, October 25, 2006, 20:35:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

NO-ONE is going to be banned for just downloading shows or not collaborating. No-one said that, we never did that, and we are not going to do that.  :smth023

David.

Quote from: gioez on October 31, 2006, 14:47:07
Well, if you're self-confident in your decision, I will accept it. I hope too that I wont be banned when I will only download in future...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

yrbadrenau

so i ask my question one more time at the good place:

My question is : what is the interest to put shows on flac when this shows are from a bad  source like most of the shows we can find. I agree with the new rule if the show are from soundboard or fm broadcasts. But if they are coming from audience source, it won't change anything about the sounding quality: it will be bad quality in lossless format, so bad quality at the end... the problem is not the format but the mix. If the mix is bad, you can have all lossless format you want, it will stay a bad mix with a bad sound, no???
34 years old,father of two children(Alia-14 & Theo-12), curefan since 1985.

Darth Blood

i do agree with post flacs an in keep flacs in flac (for sharing), and about the mp3... there still too many shows not availables on flac... i guess the big truble here is how to keep the flac format in flac and how to avoid all the garbage 128 kbps mp3 circulating on the net... for all the mp3 lover...  please try to understand that is matters to kkep the web sharin g in the best level of quality... maybe yes there are to many show that are in audience source and sounds awfull... but sice i start to listen flacs i understand ythe point... and really EVERY BODY can play flacs just get the right software... and about the mp3 shows there are too many sites even form user of this foum where will  be available the mp3 shows...

:rocker
Darth Blood

yrbadrenau

I just can't understand the pleasure to have a audience show sounding like shit in FLAC ? Is it to get less space on our hard disk??? cause the fact that the show is in flac doesn't make it sounds better, i repeat, if the original recording and the original mix is crap... it is logical, and you don't have to be a sound ingeneer to understand that!!!

OK for the Flac solution if the original recording comes from soundboard or FM and TV broadcast. If not, it is useless. 

temptation-cure

Quote from: yrbadrenau on October 31, 2006, 17:32:56

OK for the Flac solution if the original recording comes from soundboard or FM and TV broadcast. If not, it is useless. 
yes why should be enconded a -mp3>wav>flac
i think is better get flacs if this comes from fm or soundboard version
no from audience shows, well some audience shows sounds so horrible why have this on flac? no point
so anyways the chooise is made
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

Darth Blood

[/quote]
[/quote]

this is the pointo to avoid -mp3>wav>flac  and then -flac>wav>mp3 too many shows have this lineage adding to this if the mp3 encoding are less than 254 kbps the results is an awfull quality try this with an audio track direct from any cd you have... so you will  hear the loose of quality in the audio...  think then on the audience recordings... REALLY!!! DO THE EXERCISE AND COMPARE THE ORIGINAL TRACK WITH A 128 KBPS MP3 FILE

Darth Blood

Darth Blood

otherwise the flac files shared would be from a direct audio source... not from a mp3 re encoding to flac... THIS IS REALLY POINTLESS...
Darth Blood

yrbadrenau

i don't agree : transfer your MP3 audience show in flac won't clean the sound in any way. It won't make disappear the differents noises due to the poor quality of the recording materiel, it won't make disappear the "sshhhhhhshhhhshhhhhshhhh" you can hear all along the show. It won't change the MIX of the recording (too much bass and no treble or too much treble and no bass) etc... You will have a crappy sound at the end. but maybe, you're right, it will be louder than before in MP3. That's all.

lostflower4

Quote from: temptation-cure on October 31, 2006, 17:38:45

Shows with this kind of lineage will NOT be allowed. Agreed, it's pointless. Don't you know that the sharing of mp3 in general contributes to the population of these kind of shows?

I really hope that some people don't convert their mp3 collections to FLAC and put it up here. We'll be keeping an eye out for this. 8)

japanesebaby

Quote from: yrbadrenau on October 31, 2006, 18:02:28
i don't agree : transfer your MP3 audience show in flac won't clean the sound in any way. It won't make disappear the differents noises due to the poor quality of the recording materiel, it won't make disappear the "sshhhhhhshhhhshhhhhshhhh" you can hear all along the show. It won't change the MIX of the recording (too much bass and no treble or too much treble and no bass) etc... You will have a crappy sound at the end. but maybe, you're right, it will be louder than before in MP3. That's all.

hmm.... why do you sometimes hear that shhhhshshshshshs all along the show? because it's an audience recording and so it's of course crap? no: because it's recording with a bad lineage with too many analog copies in there, too many times someone copied an audio  cassette copy to someone else, adding one new layer of ssssshshshshshssssss every time. of course we must forgive some of this since there simply was no other way of making copies than making analog cassette copies back in the 80s/early 90s. but we shouldn't be let to think that the original master tape of this or that "sshsshsshshshshss show" sounds like that too - it's our poor generated copy that sounds like that = better to try and look for a better copy then, closer to the master source. thus, we should try and look for low generation copies, with as few analog generations as possible before we condemn every old audience recording to be complete crap. because the very same ssshshshshshshs-thing happens just as well to the most gorgeous soundboard or fm recording if there's just too many analog generation in the lineage - it's not because whether it was originally audience or soundboard or whatever.

so the point of all this is:
let's try to share quality shows (low gen, good sound)
let's try to share in quality format (no compressed formats that only deteriorate the sound)

AND about mp3>flac conversions: please, NO! that's the WORST thing to go for.  :!:
there's absolutely NO point in that and it only causes a lot of damage, to put this sort of complete crap versions into circulation. lossy compression is always irreversible so once it's been on mp3s/other lossy format = game over. :!:
so please convert to flac ONLY if you are sure your audio files are uncompressed.
if you are uncertain of this, there are ways to test it and find out.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Darth Blood

lets get clear in this point

FLAC should be from a direct audio source NEVER FROM A MP3

MP3 is a lossy format... to conserve a good audio quality should be at least at 360 KBPS

FLAC should be shared in FLAC in you HD you can convert flac to MP3 OGG or anythin you wants...

i understan this rule is for the forum sharing.. and is for conservate the quality of the tapings... in most of cases required for the tapers Themselves...

Darth Blood

Closedown_

Quote from: Darth Blood on October 31, 2006, 18:55:55
lets get clear in this point

FLAC should be from a direct audio source NEVER FROM A MP3

MP3 is a lossy format... to conserve a good audio quality should be at least at 360 KBPS

FLAC should be shared in FLAC in you HD you can convert flac to MP3 OGG or anythin you wants...

i understan this rule is for the forum sharing.. and is for conservate the quality of the tapings... in most of cases required for the tapers Themselves...

I totally agree with you !  :smth023

traveller03

I really applaud this decision. There are many other filesharing networks where mp3 shows can be easily downloaded. The commitment to quality here is great and perhaps it will encourage tapers to allow their shows to be shared more freely.

closedown

good decision! just hope no-one dares to try to upload shows in flac now that were formerly mp3... that is the worst thing of all if it happens...

blue

Quote from: yrbadrenau on October 31, 2006, 17:32:56
I just can't understand the pleasure to have a audience show sounding like shit in FLAC ? Is it to get less space on our hard disk??? cause the fact that the show is in flac doesn't make it sounds better, i repeat, if the original recording and the original mix is crap... it is logical, and you don't have to be a sound ingeneer to understand that!!!

realize, that "audience show sounding like shit in FLAC" sounds always much better than compresed to mp3. ALWAYS ....
and follow me to where the real fun is