Best way to save music from MySpace?

Started by lostflower4, March 08, 2007, 03:40:30

Previous topic - Next topic

lostflower4

I've heard that the songs that appear on MySpace pages are just streaming mp3 files. Also, that they stream at 96 kbps, but if you can figure out how to save them you'll get 192 kbps.

I don't know how true this is, so I thought I'd see if anyone has any experience with locating the streams. When I tried to follow the instructions given on another page, I didn't have any luck. :?

I realize I could just record them to my sound card, but I'd prefer to download the original stream if it's possible.

Thanks in advance. :D

dsanchez

Dude, I found this pages that might be helpful:

Easy Alternative: CACHE RIPPING (go to the bottom of the page)
http://stream-recorder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320

How to Rip Music From MySpace
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/7502/How+to+Rip+Music+From+MySpace

Let us know which of those worked for you  :smth023

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Thanks, but the cache ripping method doesn't seem to work. I followed the instructions exactly, but there were no files in the cache that could possibly be the stream. They were all really small. :?

Hmmm...

Curetastraphy

A Few Weeks ago I downloaded a few songs from myspace and they were the exact file the band posted with Album info, Album Cover, and the quality came in 320kbps.....

lostflower4

Quote from: Curetastraphy on March 17, 2007, 22:57:00
A Few Weeks ago I downloaded a few songs from myspace and they were the exact file the band posted with Album info, Album Cover, and the quality came in 320kbps.....

Well, how did you do it? :?

Curetastraphy

Oh.......it was already up for download......I usually just record a song straight from the player....but the streams are always 96kbps

Gabrielle

You need to find a program which allows you to rip music from MySpace at first and then you can adjust the output sample rate. Most of the programs have the ability to save MySpace music in original quality.