Yet another Petition

Started by Untitled, August 28, 2007, 09:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Untitled

A new petition for cure fan to have Orange, staring at the sea, Picture Show, Play Out... etc remastered to DVD... And there is so much more show they can put on DVD...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/curedvd/index.html

By the way nice Board... Discovered it last week... New here but long time cure fan
Please sign it and pass the word aound the web.

Untitled

Carnage Visor

I have to pay? I'm all for the DVDs, but I have no money to pay for the petition!

poksi

I'm also for a remastering, but I find they will make enough money, if they one day bring out these vids on DVD. I don't understand, why I pay for it, so I didn't....
Is this a serious petition?

Cheers and looking forward for the next re-mastered CDs in 2008...
catch me if I fall, I'm loosing hold....

ROGUE

:smth023GOOD TO HEAR.
I been harping on about this remastering for ages on the cure.com, awsum  :rocker
Lets just hope some of the exec' types recognise that we want remastered popular videos into DVD's,. and they wonder why people make their own, from their own video- thats not illegal by the way,
But yes I would pay for new, remastered, digitally enhanced, official DVD of my favourites :P anyday. BUT i dont fancy paying to partake in a petition! Yeh and where is that money going towards? I WILL SAVE MY MONEY FOR REAL MUSIC, THANX
How many times, do us fans have to ask for some good vid's into DVD's?
now thats the question? :roll:

rjl

After watching the new Harry Potter movie (finally, I know, I know) at an iMax theater, now I want to see In Orange in a limitied big-screen release. In iMax. Just a massive screen and sound system. How awesome would that be? I don't think that I could contemplate it.

Back to the matter at hand...

As far as petitions go, do they even work? It seems that the best way to get old RS's attention is to start some activity on the main site. Then again, it seems that he's keen on picking up chatter from the fan sites, as well, given his out of the blue posts about the KMKMKM bonus disc, or Boris v. Jason, etc, etc, etc.

What I would like to see -- hell, if I can remember my login to the abominable official site, perhaps I can write something nice up -- is some discussion there about allowing discrete, but open, fan recordings allowed at the shows. Discrete as taping from your seat, with no mic stands, or anything obtrusive.

The Cure have mentioned off-hand in interviews about not minding "bootlegs", and those were in the days of, well, actual bootlegs being sold and making money.

Now, that "industry" is quite dead/dying, thanks to the proliferation of digital duplication (CDR, FLAC... even MP3, for sake of argument) and distribution methods (higher bandwidth), and the self-policing of the trading community (it's quite unpopular to buy/sell these days). There are now a nice amount of fan recordings, and always will be... And this has helped kill the underground profiteering... So why not allow it? I mean, it's not going to go away, and a few more sources per show isn't going to sink their ship.

As for the Cure, they know that they have a rabid fanbase. The folks who collect the live recordings tend to have quite full collections of official recordings as well, and know that album-Cure and live-Cure are two entirely different animals. People travel to see them. People freak out when they cancel. People love reminders of shows they have been to, and want to know what they missed at shows they could not attend.

I would love a logical, thorough discussion of this to reach RS, and for him to reply.

One could even site examples, such as the Grateful Dead (well, they made almost all of their money from touring and merchandise), or Queens of the Stone Age, who have an open taping policy and still sell gazillions of records.

That would be a goal worth attaining.

When there is a lull in touring schedules and album releases, re-issues of videos and albums will undoubtedly follow. RS has made note of the lack of video re-releases before.

This is something that we've never heard from him on. I would love to.

(And who knows... perhaps knowing that they are being taped will lead to better performances... I mean, a lot of the open-taping bands, from the Dead, to the Black Crowes, to QOTSA, put out some amazing sets, are always mixing things, up, improvising, etc, etc, etc. Perhaps in some part they are being kept on their toes by their taping stance?)

Janko

I'M PRETTY SURE THE DVD'S WILL BE OUT THIS TIM EOR ANOTHER...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

ROGUE

YEP~ Iam also sure that Robert has a surprise in mind,
~ Iam sure he will work some majic~the way he does so well ~ .But, I know,the suspence is killing me- would love to see 'Live in Orange'

on DVD and remastered and all that....     ~ Wish he could have re-released the old videos into DVD~  Before  the  Tour  :smth048

Really excited for when it happens- The majik   :smth054

AND IAM STILL NOT PAYING FOR A DODGY PETITION- ANYONE JUST WANNA SEND ME SOME MONEY INSTEAD, PLEASE ?   :smth023

closedown

all those petitions... well, what next a petition for Robert to wear the old icehockey shirts again on stage? a petition to re-release Never Enough as a single for its 17th birthday? a petition that they play the backyard of someone's garden?
let's face it - the more petitions there are the less they will be successful - a petition has to be a thought about, well formulated and organised thing - best on various cure forums + fanpages - all those hey I set up one + post it on one forum, nah... the only result that ends with is that other petitions that would make more sense are ignored or in the end simply not noticed. and the one now about all previous videos on dvd is formulated pretty bad as well. plus think about the timing, these days it is all about the new album and tour, wait until it is the time for it - and that definetely is not before a new album is released...
if there is such a petititon, I simply suggest to collect ideas for it + then do it properly, but not those halfhearted hey I've got 2min and want to post sth things...
I am aware of various U2 fanpages + forums organising a great petition for a release of the 2001 Slane Castle show that in the end at least got the attention + was part of the show been released on dvd. all this can be successful or at least a help to release sth or consider to release it or take the idea in for an upcoming release but don't waste those chances with 5mio petitions... 

ROGUE

What pissed me off about this petition, Is the simple fact, they are  asking  for  money  !!!!

for what noone knows what.... :!:

I will keep my cash for real music, to go towards the musicians, and/or to buy a t-shirt on this
site.- to show appreciation for information, ideas, etc.

But just to give money via web to any petition- YES that really pissed me off !! because no doubt
the money made has jack shit to do with The Cure.   :evil:

Untitled

Quote from: ROGUE on September 04, 2007, 17:01:42
I been harping on about this remastering for ages on the cure.com, awsum  :rocker
Lets just hope some of the exec' types recognise that we want remastered popular videos into DVD's,. and they wonder why people make their own, from their own video- thats not illegal by the way,
But yes I would pay for new, remastered, digitally enhanced, official DVD of my favourites :P anyday. BUT i dont fancy paying to partake in a petition! Yeh and where is that money going towards? I WILL SAVE MY MONEY FOR REAL MUSIC, THANX

I Made this iPetition but I dont understand why people are talking about money... Please Help I dont understand...

ROGUE

Quote from: Untitled on September 20, 2007, 18:42:12
Quote from: ROGUE on September 04, 2007, 17:01:42

I Made this iPetition but I dont understand why people are talking about money... Please Help I dont understand...

Just wanted to quote this ~ You made this petition you said-^ = i think you should know. And i wanted to know where
the money is going- fair question !!

As far as im concerned these sort of petitions wreck the integrity of the 'real' ones.

Take care, thats all- byes, and iam not the only one that was asked for money, SEE- posts above