Not news... but I saw Porl last night

Started by adam60, September 01, 2007, 10:07:53

Previous topic - Next topic

adam60

he was at a Prince concert in London with his family. Didn't speak to him because he had kids with him (and after seeing the youtube clip of people hassling him at the airport in Australia) but it was pretty cool.

devoblue

3 weeks ago I saw him on monday, thursday, and friday, but I didn't speak to him either because he was busy doing stuff with some friends.

Jokes aside, I respect your decision to leave him alone.  Getting to meet the band members personally is not a measure of how true a cure fan you are - not that anyone needs to prove anything.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

Janko

WOW!

I'D SHOUT OUT:

"YEAH!!!"
and
"THE CURE!!!"
and
"WOW, LOOK PEOPLE, ITS PORL FROM THE CURE!"

:rocker :-D

JUST KIDDING!

PS

WHAT?!
PORL AT PRINCE'S CONCERT?!?!

SOMEBODY SHOULD CALL ROBERT...

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Siouxsie_

Carnage Visor

I probably wouldn't have recognised him...I'm used to the face from the little booklet that came from The TOP re-issue CD.

ROGUE

Thats nice, and that you respected his space- at the time.
I would have been thinking about it alot, wanting to say a qwick 'hey' and give a head nod, but there is a time for everything i suppose, and sometimes its just not the time. :smth023
Did you also go to the Prince concert- Or did you see Porl outside? Was the concert good ? Dancers and stuff ? I have heard Prince has changed his ways, and become religeous of some description, But apparently he is not into the 'sexy' image anymore, So no more sexy dancers?  :shock:- I know another story.... :lol:

adam60

Prince was incredible. There were sexy dancers including twins in hot pants. The tieckets were 31.21 (GBP) and it was really good value for money considering how uch some bands cost. I had a really good time. I'm not a die hard fan of his but I was a great evening. He and his band were incredible and you've got respect his talent. 

ROGUE

Yeh i love 'when doves cry' and the 80's stuff- He also did alot of good work helping other musicians-

But I havent heard much from Prince, other than the name change~ formely known as Prince, or no name, and all that stuff,
I check it out on net, and see if i like the new stuff his done/doing. But i like the guy  :smth023 I was just interested in the
visuals of the night.  ;)

p.s. i got a habbit of changing subjects, so thats why i write 'another story...'   :lol:

AlluivialL

Lol..I would have given him a huge smile, and waved, but. That's about it.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

scatcat

when I have seen and Finally recognised famous people.. I freeze. I don't want to disturb them.. I remember years ago I saw a famous aussie actor Colin Friels at the airport cafe, alone.. I had to try to stop staring, I knew who he was, after a few minutes of.'Do I know him?'. He was my favourite Playschool presenter at the time!!
But I never got over the fact that somehow, I felt he did see me recognise him and maybe would've been open to me approaching him.. even if I was a babbling mess!

There are definately some who thrive on recognition and those who do not. I regret not going up to Colin, as I really do think he is one of our under-valued Aussie actors. I would have loved to say.. 'Hi, I love your work'!!  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life