2008.02.16 Berlin - Velodrom (Germany)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:43:53

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: sullen on September 28, 2007, 02:54:50
What is the capacity of the Berlin arena?

around 7500.

pretty idiotic if they only rely on phone sales.  ???
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

I speak some German....enough to get by (had 4 years in High School and 2 years in college).  I know how to ask for ketchup, beer, and goulaschzuppe- you know, the important things.  Each time I called I was able to get an english speaking person on the phone.  When they answer, just say "Spreche sie English?".  9 times out of ten they will say "Yes, a little bit".

FarFar

wow so lucky all of you...i'll hope i can be there.... ;)

Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

poksi

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 28, 2007, 03:05:55
pretty idiotic if they only rely on phone sales.  ???

Of course!!I think the phones will maybe collapse on saturday... :roll:

catch me if I fall, I'm loosing hold....

lacrima mosa

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 27, 2007, 21:05:21
only phone sales? that's nuts! how come no internet sales? :?:

anyone know where the info for this one came from? the german ticketmaster shows nothing...
is this really confirmed?

dont worry, presale started on www.karsten-jahnke.de today, i just ordered my munich ticket!!
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

closedown

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 27, 2007, 22:54:07
hey i love the old treptow warehouse arena! i was actually really happy to see they'll be playing there, instead of columbiahalle or something ... - to be perfectly honest the sound was maybe not the best ever, but the atmosphere made it all up

to me personally Arena 2000 was one of the weaker gigs of the tour, couldn't feel any atmosphere at all (neither could some of my friends...)- the problem though for sure is, that Berlin lacks of a proper venue these days. the sound to is really bad in that place (low ceiling, massive ground etcetc) - Tempodrom was nice in 2002 + seemed way more intimate + more acceptable as a venue (hold approx 1/2 of Arena), Arena has to me the character of one of those warehouse in a harbour surrounding that isn't used any longer, sorry! best would have been a summer gig in the Waldbühne, by far the best venue in Berlin - always enjoyable concerts there. but of course way too big for The Cure, unfortunately...

sullen

Quote from: lacrima mosa on September 28, 2007, 13:22:33

anyone know where the info for this one came from? the german ticketmaster shows nothing...

dont worry, presale started on www.karsten-jahnke.de today, i just ordered my munich ticket!!

Thanx!

As for the ticket choices, do they not let you know where the seats are?
Is there a choice for standing floor?

sullen

Quote from: sullen on September 28, 2007, 19:29:22
Quote from: lacrima mosa on September 28, 2007, 13:22:33

Thanx!

As for the ticket choices, do they not let you know where the seats are?
Is there a choice for standing floor?

I mean this more for the Hamburg gig.
Berlin I'm assuming is all standing....
The Hamburg has seats too...
Not sure which ticket to select for this one...

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 27, 2007, 21:11:20
ok but how on earth can any agency rely on PHONE sales only in 2007? this is like going baclk to the 80s or something!
insane!! it means it's really difficult to buy tickets outside germany!!  :x

Tickets can be purchased online already. Check the first post of this thread :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Rav

There's no english version :smth011 on this purchase page.
What does description of seats mean?
Standing places near the stage?
Is there in Berlin Arena any kind of differentiation in standing seats?

japanesebaby

Quote from: Rav on September 29, 2007, 00:58:03
There's no english version :smth011 on this purchase page.
What does description of seats mean?
Standing places near the stage?
Is there in Berlin Arena any kind of differentiation in standing seats?

last time i was on treptow arena, all tickets were sold as 'general admission'. there was no differentiation in standing seats, also no barriers to divide the audience into sections. looks to me like it's the same now. i do remember the arena had some elevated seats too at the back of the venue (both right and left), but those were for whoever got there quickly enough, these seated areas were not specified in the tickets.

i've purchased tickets vie jahnke website, seemed to go very easy and nicely imo.  :smth001

closedown

tickets Berlin:
as japanesebaby said, the few seats are on the side - first come first serve basis, it is general admission for all, stand where you want, soundwise seating is definetaley not top choice.
for Hamburg (as someone asked): wait until there is a booking chance with www.kartenhaus.de or with www.eventim.de - both normally offer direct booking for the seats - to get a general idea which seats are good ones, go to www.kartenhaus.de + type in 'Joe Cocker', click on the Hamburg gig + on the right above the tickets it says 'Saalplan', meaning you can see which seats are close to the stage (don't get irritated  by the numbers on the floor, as the venue can be used as completely seated as well) - so if you have to order with Karsten Jahnke directle, you can at least ask them if they have tickets in for example U7 or U15. Good luck in picking some of the better spots. the upper levels 'O' are pretty high, 'U' is a better choice + in general the lower the number of the row is, the further down you sit - remember the arena is quite massive!

japanesebaby

ok now i REALLY regret that i booked the tickets via jahnke website:
they just told me they don't ship outside germany - which means, the tickets have to be collected from the venue ONLY 1,5 hours prior to the show - which is bullshit is you have  a standing ticket. it will ruin any possibility to get any sort of decent spot in the audience.
for isntance, berlin arena is standing ONLY, no seats. so the entrance queue is hellishly long anyway. if you need to queue for the tickets first, only then start queueing for the entrance and you get in among the last = you get a complete shit spot.

i just cannot find this information (that they don't send outside germany) from the jahnke website, is it really there?
because if they insist on this, they should have said it in the first place. or am i just too blind/illiterate to see it written somewhere...(?)

anyway, if it's not possible to change this stupid "collect at the venue" option, i might have to consider re-ordering from some other seller.... even if i had to pay for the tickets again. because last time i had to submit to this idiotic procedure and collect tickets from the venue, it just really ruined everything for me, it really did. and i swore i'll never use such agencies again.  :evil:
it's really stupid because other german agencies like kartenhaus for instance always sends your tickets to you via mail.

Druide

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 29, 2007, 14:11:24
they just told me they don't ship outside germany - which means, the tickets have to be collected from the venue ONLY 1,5 hours prior to the show - which is bullshit is you have  a standing ticket. it will ruin any possibility to get any sort of decent spot in the audience.
for isntance, berlin arena is standing ONLY, no seats. so the entrance queue is hellishly long anyway. if you need to queue for the tickets first, only then start queueing for the entrance and you get in among the last = you get a complete shit spot.

i just cannot find this information (that they don't send outside germany) from the jahnke website, is it really there?
because if they insist on this, they should have said it in the first place. or am i just too blind/illiterate to see it written somewhere...(?)

anyway, if it's not possible to change this stupid "collect at the venue" option, i might have to consider re-ordering from some other seller.... even if i had to pay for the tickets again. because last time i had to submit to this idiotic procedure and collect tickets from the venue, it just really ruined everything for me, it really did. and i swore i'll never use such agencies again.  :evil:
it's really stupid because other german agencies like kartenhaus for instance always sends your tickets to you via mail.

Same here... :?

See you overthere Marika... :)
...Dancing in my pocket...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Druide on September 29, 2007, 14:23:56
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 29, 2007, 14:11:24

Same here... :?

See you overthere Marika... :)

aaaah if those jahnke-people don't give up and refund my tickets, i'm seriously considering buying new ones from some DECENT agency. what a freaking waste of money!
i really hate this stupid agency crap! :evil:

(seeyou! ;) - that is, if i ever get inside the venue now... :x)