Favourite bands besides The Cure

Started by rdruiz8, July 18, 2005, 21:59:26

Previous topic - Next topic

rdruiz8

HI!

I have a question for all of you: what other bands do you like besides The Cure?
I've noticed that a lot of The Cure fans also listen to Depeche Mode, Joy Division, Siouxie and other related bands.

I'm a little unconventional in that aspect. I listen progresive rock and heavy metal. I like bands like: Pink Floyd, Rush, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden and Pearl Jam. 8)
i'm running out of time i'm out of step and
closing down

Tristan Berlin

Hi.
My other favourite band is definetly MUSE. They are so amazing!!! It's unbelievable what these three guys doing on stage. They have so much power and wonderful songs. I love them.

Another Band is a german one called "die ?rzte", but I'm in doubt that someone of you know them. Anyway, this is a very funny band and very succesful here in Germany. Try to check it out - you wont regret.  :D

My favourite female singer is Mylene Farmer. She is a great star in France and does wonderful songs (popsongs and ballads) and fantastic live shows.

I'm a bass-player and so I have an Idol: This is Billy Sheehan. Does someone know him?

Cheers, Tr#  :D

rdruiz8

Hey Tristan!

Of course I know Billy Sheehan, the great bass player of Mr. Big. I heard one fabulous track in one of the CDs of the "Guitar for practicing musicians" magazine. His bass solo rocks!! 8)
Don't know if you've heard the track, but if you don't, I can gladly share it with you.
Speaking of bass players, do you like Primus? Their music is very unconventional but Les Claypool is another great bass player.

By the way, do you know where in the web can I find some audio files of die ?rzte. I'm interested in listen to their music
i'm running out of time i'm out of step and
closing down

heixiao

Quote from: Tristan Berlin
Another Band is a german one called "die ?rzte", but I'm in doubt that someone of you know them. Anyway, this is a very funny band and very succesful here in Germany. Try to check it out - you wont regret.  :D

Tocotronic, Wir sind helden, MIA... are some german bands that i have discovered this year and that I really like but for me THE german song is Eisbear from the band Grauzone whose one of the member of this band (Stephan Eicher) is still famous in France and i love him...  :D  :D

Otherwise besides The Cure i would say Radiohead, Joy Division, Interpol, Depeche Mode, U2, Kent (from Sweden), Mogwai and Air (Run, run, run, run, run... this music is awsome!)

And if you want discover some french bands or artists, I like Noir Desir, Miossec, Yann Tiersen, Dominique A, Daran et Bashung.  :!:  :!:  :!:
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

dsanchez

My fav bands besides THE CURE are THE CHURCH, SLOWDIVE, COCTEAU TWINS, PINK FLOYD, CLAN OF XYMOX, MONSTER MOVIE, CRANES, HOUSE OF LOVE and all that :)

Cheers 8)

David.

Quote from: rdruiz8HI!

I have a question for all of you: what other bands do you like besides The Cure?
I've noticed that a lot of The Cure fans also listen to Depeche Mode, Joy Division, Siouxie and other related bands.

I'm a little unconventional in that aspect. I listen progresive rock and heavy metal. I like bands like: Pink Floyd, Rush, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden and Pearl Jam. 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Beesley Wytchboy

Hey hope you guys don't mind me revivin the thread..........If you  doi'm sorry

My fav "Other" bands

Smiths/Alkaline Trio + Matt Skiba's solo stuff/Inkubus Sukkubus/Clan of Xymox/Siouxsie & the Banshees/Zeraphine (check them out supporting the Cure later this year)/Joy division/Cauda Pavonis/Burzum/Mayhem/Cradle of Filth/Sisters of Mercy/Cruxshadows/Devilish Presley/Scarey Bitches..............

And about one million More!

Luke x :P
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

lostflower4

Quote from: Tristan Berlin

I'm a bass-player and so I have an Idol: This is Billy Sheehan. Does someone know him?

Cheers, Tr#  :D

Yes, I know who he is. He has played with Paul Gilbert and Mr. Big. He is one crazy player. I have seen some of the solos he does on stage!   :shock:

I too think I am unconventional in my musical tastes. I'm really not that into dark music, but something about The Cure really strikes a chord in me. I love ALL their music! I have also just recently gotten very into Siouxsie. You really need to hear all of their music before you form an opinion about them!

Other bands I like include The Beatles, Nirvana, U2, Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, and all kinds of '80s and early '90s rock and pop stuff. I also like heavy metal, yet I seem to have grown a bit out of it. I'm only 25, but I think I mellowing out already!  :)

I really like Pearl Jam's older stuff and so much else. I've already mentioned on here that I also like other styles of music like classical, ambient, and trance. But one thing I cannot stand is country music... Eeeek!  :twisted:

Looking back on that, I think I like a lot of the same stuff Robert does, maybe with the exception of hard rock/metal type stuff...

DontMoove

now... MOGWAI, INTERPOL but tomorrow i don't know... :wink:
JP

cult_hero

cranes, arab strap, mogwai, sons & daughters, delgados...

Curegrl

For years I'd listen to nothing but The Cure, but since Curiosa last year...I have really been into Interpol.  Can't wait to see them next month!  I also just got the new NIN cd today - With Teeth.  It's pretty good.  I love track 8- 'Only'....and Trent's voice is always fabulous!  I also like Cold and Godsmack.  Nothing, except Interpol, has ever made me feel the way Cure music does!  It's indescribable.   If I really dig deep into my past, it includes Peter Frampton, J. Geils Band, Gary Wright, The Temptations, Bob Seger, Todd Rundgren and Cat Stevens.

Roan

other bands besides THE CURE ???

I'm into a lot of different music...                                                         # New wave from the years I've grown up with ( bauhaus , mission, echo and the bunnymen, siouxsie , the smiths, talking heads , japan etc,etc..)

# Gothic/electro - mostly german bands like Project Pitchfork , das ich , vnv nation , wumpscut , deine lakaien....etc,etc

# gothic/darkwave - blutengel , zeraphine (aka Dreadfull Shadows) , diary of dreams , clan of xymox..etc,etc

# britpop - coldplay , cake , blur , radiohead . puressence...etc,etc

# singer/songwriters - jeff buckley , david sylvian , paul weller...etc,etc

# Punk - the old good ones from my rebellion time years and years ago - exploited , gbh , dead kennedys , crass ...etc ,etc..

and the list go on and on ....

I'm just a music collector (and only original vinyl or cd no downloads except the great live concerts that is not to find on original cd)
cold as ice

Anonymous

Joy Division
Echo
Pink Floyd
Swell
Pulp
Ride
My Bloody Valentine
Lush
The Apartments
Philippe Katerine  :oops:
Madonna
Boo Radleys
Mogwai
Alain Bashung
Hubert Felix Thiefaine
Hendrix
Radiohead
Talk Talk

Tristan Berlin

arielcc

for me DAVID BOWIE, felt, seefeel, aphex twin, sisters of mercy, cocteau twins, kraftwerk, book of love, etc  a long list of 80s bands!! and from peru if you want to know some good bands try "Catervas" and a sixties local band called "Traffic Sound"!!
:D
ariel

j

Alright Roan!  Good punk choices.  I listen to alot of stuff.....for instance, on my iPod I have everything from the Cure, the Smiths, and Siouxsie to old Metallica, Halford, and Megadeth to Hatebreed, Ensign, old Misfits, The Exploited.....the list goes on.

I have been into punk since I was 12 and was able to sneak to City Gardens in Trenton, NJ with some older friends to see bands like the Exploited, Uniform Choice, GBH, etc.  I also would go see bands like Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, etc.  Of course I have been into the Cure since I was 12 as well (I have only missed 1 cure show in the Philadelphia/Camden NJ area....and that was in 85!).  I have seen U2 several times, Mary's Danish, CSN, Pavarotti.........talk about a broad spectrum!