Best '08 recording?

Started by rodney, March 15, 2008, 13:00:41

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney

Thus far, the Copenhagen show sounds the best to my ears, but what do you think?  What is the best most definitive '08 recording to surface so far?  I haven't dl'ed them all, and really only want 2 or 3 really good ones from this leg of the tour.

japanesebaby

completely impossible to say on such a short time span - maybe ask again in 12 months?
for instance if you look at cure-concerts.de, there are often 5-10 versions listed for many of the shows, sometimes even more than that. and we also have to remember that not everything is even listed there. and so far most people have only got to hear one or maybe two versions/ one show. that doesn't give much basis for putting up any ratings yet. and i know you said "so far" but i still think it's too early to state any preferences.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

I agree that it's impossible to say. Of the versions made available online, I'd say that Tof's are the best.

However, I've only heard a few samples from those shows and am still downloading them (my torrent speeds have been slow lately).

Copenhagen is very good, but I don't think it's the best of all.

I've heard some samples from versions that haven't surfaced yet and are really nice, but I don't have the full shows...

So no verdict from me at this time.

j

...not to mention that I haven't even recorded them yet this year.  It can't be a fair competition without my recordings being judged! :lol: (sorry, feeling a bit arrogant today)

CureCrusader

Quote from: j on March 15, 2008, 23:23:43
...not to mention that I haven't even recorded them yet this year.  It can't be a fair competition without my recordings being judged! :lol: (sorry, feeling a bit arrogant today)

must be that 1000 posts  gone to your head  :lol:
I have only heard 2 recordings of 2008.
Rome, and Oslo.
I can't wait to hear a descent paris, and yet to hear Copenhagen, and the other European gigs.
Wembley should rock  :rocker

i agree, J's recordings are famously top-notch, so in good time we'll get to hear them,hey?  :smth023
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Steve

So far, from the circulating shows, I think Milan (MLK version) & Copenhagen are up there with the best & could be official releases tbh.
Tof's shows are also awesome, but there is something about this Milan one which makes me stop dead in my tracks.

Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php