2008 North American Tour DVD

Started by curry301, May 13, 2008, 05:03:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

Quote from: hpantazo on June 12, 2008, 15:42:46
I would think they should do another leg for the U.S tour after the album is out, and film that for a DVD

I expect another NA tour next year.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

ghanisbuli

My dad's convinced that they won't tour for another three years...

Or rather, wishful thinking.  My family will be in a better financial situation then, so he wants to try to do the whole "west coast swing."

I should mention that my dad has been obsessed with The Cure since May 26th, 2008.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 14, 2008, 07:00:59
My dad's convinced that they won't tour for another three years...

Or rather, wishful thinking.  My family will be in a better financial situation then, so he wants to try to do the whole "west coast swing."

I should mention that my dad has been obsessed with The Cure since May 26th, 2008.

Start saving up.  Traveling to multiple show is a hell of a lot of fun.  I had a great time doing it this year.  :D  In the past I've done 2 or three, but this year I decided to do nine.  Well, they just kept adding shows in Cali and I couldn't not go.  And even with such a high amount I'm still wishing I could get time off for the NY shows.  Not sure my credit cards could take it, so probably best that I can't get away just then.       

ghanisbuli

On Monday, we almost booked flights to NY.  Almost.  But then he decided it wasn't fair to the family to cause possible financial strain.  Especially because my dad's always the one to go on adventures and spend money, while my mom gets to save...

And me, well, I'll be making a ton of money this summer (relative to the rest of my life...), so I was just gonna charge it and pay it later.  I mean, I'll be making $100 shy of rent a week.

Um, I actually wish we would've just done it.  Because I'm selfish.  Instead, we'll watch the MSG show as a family.  If we would've thought of it a week earlier, we could've used rewards points for the flight.  Of course, I'd thought about it, but I didn't know my dad would be down (I'm not going to fly to NY by myself)!  Oh, he also really wants to go to, like, a whole European tour ("because everything's just a train ride away," among other reasons).

So, this summer, I need to NOT SPEND MY STUPID MONEY and start a savings account specfically for Cure shows.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

abcandreas

Apparently Charlotte was filmed according to COF:

"Charlotte filmed by HDNet

Last night's show was being filmed by multiple cameras for HDNet. No idea where this will end up (Robert?), but lets keep fingers and toes crossed that it will be released unedited. Please? We all promise to buy 10 copies each. : )"

Lets hope for this one :D

abcandreas

I dont know if there is a coincidence, but in Paris which was also filmed they played Faith, and the first time they played a full Faith encore in the US it was also filmed. Cant wait to at least hear that one, and hopefully it will surface as many of the other US dates have done.

jvm1

It would have been cool if they had done like depeche mode and erasure in their past tours. Some company recorded every single show and sold them separately, printed a limited number of cds or you could download the show from their website along with the artwork
great idea, the trecording quality was pretty good too, now if i could rememebr the name of the company that would be extra awesome

Krakr

Right, Pixies did actually the same on their reunion tour in 2004 I think.

rodney

Pixies used Disclive, but they don't exist anymore.

tdcrjeff

And The Who, and Pearl Jam, and many Jam Bands (RatDog, Bruce Hornsby, Allman Brothers Band, Widespread Panic, String Cheese Incident, Govt Mule, etc) have done this. There are are many artists that have done it. Munckmusic is one company, Instantlive is another, livedownloads.com is another.

thecupcakegeisha

If it happens, it happens.

But I'd love to see it happen! :smth050 :rocker

thecupcakegeisha

CHECK IT OUT:

FILMING...

6/18/2008 12:21:39 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

WE FILMED THIS WEEKS CHARLOTTE SHOW WITH HDNET FOR A FUTURE BROADCAST... DETAILS ARE AS YET A LITTLE SKETCHY... BUT WE GET TO USE THE FOOTAGE TOO IF WE WANT(?!!)...

WE ARE ALSO FILMING THIS FRIDAY AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN WITH FUSE
http://www.fuse.tv/ontv/shows/fuse-rocks-the-garden/
WE ARE PICKING AN HOURS WORTH OF SONGS THAT THEY WILL BROADCAST 'AS LIVE' BEFORE WE'VE FINISHED THE SHOW (SO NO FORGETTING THE WORDS FOR ME EH?!!)
THEN WE CAN CHANGE THE SONG CHOICE AND REMIX IT (IF WE WANT) AND THEY WILL REBROADCAST IN JULY... AND AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER I THINK...

ONWARDS...
UMMM...
HELLO CLEVELAND?!!
RSX

http://thecure.com/default.asp

japanesebaby

Quote from: thecupcakegeisha on June 19, 2008, 08:20:50
CHECK IT OUT:

FILMING...

6/18/2008 12:21:39 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

WE FILMED THIS WEEKS CHARLOTTE SHOW WITH HDNET FOR A FUTURE BROADCAST... DETAILS ARE AS YET A LITTLE SKETCHY... BUT WE GET TO USE THE FOOTAGE TOO IF WE WANT(?!!)...

WE ARE ALSO FILMING THIS FRIDAY AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN WITH FUSE
http://www.fuse.tv/ontv/shows/fuse-rocks-the-garden/
WE ARE PICKING AN HOURS WORTH OF SONGS THAT THEY WILL BROADCAST 'AS LIVE' BEFORE WE'VE FINISHED THE SHOW (SO NO FORGETTING THE WORDS FOR ME EH?!!)
THEN WE CAN CHANGE THE SONG CHOICE AND REMIX IT (IF WE WANT) AND THEY WILL REBROADCAST IN JULY... AND AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER I THINK...

ONWARDS...
UMMM...
HELLO CLEVELAND?!!
RSX

http://thecure.com/default.asp

posted here ---> http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5261.0.html
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

thecupcakegeisha

posted here ---> http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5261.0.html
[/quote]

DAMNIT!  This place is just so big!