Great interview from the winner of a Radio Station Contest in Philly!

Started by cure_kitty, May 13, 2008, 20:03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

cure_kitty

Here is a video link from Radio 104.5 in Philly with the winner of the "Ask Robert 10 Questions Interview" Contest.

Radio 104.5---->  http://www.radio1045.com/cc-common/ondemand/

COF News----> http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/2008/05/fantastic-new-interview-with-robert.html

I was wondering who won this contest from Radio 104.5. I kept checking the web site on Sunday & Monday but saw nothing so I almost thought it never happened. They must have finally got it together and posted it up today.

I entered this contest myself but I knew I wouldn't win! My questions were not that great compared to to the guy who won.  He was one lucky guy and I'm glad a long time fan won. If I won, I'd be a babbling mess! That guy kept his cool! It was a great interview and Pat asked some good questions and got quite a bit of info out of Robert. I was nice to see Robert being very chatty & friendly and looked quite happy being there.

Robert talked about a single album no double, 30th Anniversary DVD plans w/Tim Pope, Prayer Tour DVD in the works & buying a keytar. 

cure_kitty

So no double album.  That sucks but I'm still glad to be getting some new Cure music soon.

patmccay

Hi cure_kitty!
Thanks for posting this! I posted a new thread on here before I saw yours, so I deleted mine :)

I'm still reeling from the whole experience, days later!

Take care,
Pat

[labyrinth]

hey patmccay,
congratulations for your interview...

that was great!  ;)

Plainsong

Yeah, you did a great job. Robert seemed more comfortable talking to you than he has with a lot of "professionals"!

Hero

Brilliant patmccay! You're so lucky & you were a great interviewer! :smth023

The keytar bit cracked me up, i would love to see that!

boo

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

lostflower4

Quote from: Janko on May 13, 2008, 23:12:01
NICE ONE!
I LIKE THE QUESTIONS BUT I KNEW THE ANSWERS...

:D

Really?

So you knew about the Texas '89 Prayer Tour video and all those future release plans?  :shock:

Why haven't you told us?

cure_kitty

Quote from: patmccay on May 13, 2008, 22:15:47
Hi cure_kitty!
Thanks for posting this! I posted a new thread on here before I saw yours, so I deleted mine :)

I'm still reeling from the whole experience, days later!

Take care,
Pat

Hey Pat no problems.  I just posted the links in case someone on the forums didn't know about your great interview. I kept checking the 104.5 Web Site and when I saw who won, I thought I should put a link up here.

I'm sure you're still on a high after Saturday Night!  Glad the experience was a great one for you.  Wonder if Robert had a chance to listen to your band's CD yet?  I checked out your website & myspace page & you guys sound great.  I've put in a friends request too.  Do you have any shows coming up soon in the Philly area?  If so, where?  Maybe I'll come to a show if I can!  :smth023

silversand

Thanks for the link cure_kitty  :)

Congratulations for the interview with Robert patmccay  :smth023
You did a great job :) Where you nerves? I would've been nerves as hell.
Did he listen to your CD already? Thanks for the answer in advance.

I'm glad that Robert likes "the top", because i think it's a brilliant album.

Janko

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 14, 2008, 03:51:23
Quote from: Janko on May 13, 2008, 23:12:01
NICE ONE!
I LIKE THE QUESTIONS BUT I KNEW THE ANSWERS...

Really?

So you knew about the Texas '89 Prayer Tour video and all those future release plans?  :shock:

Why haven't you told us?

WELL...

I KNEW THAT ROBERT GIVES VERY, VERY VAGUE ANSWERS

1) ABOUT PORL, THE CURE SOUND, NEW SONGS AND ALBUM...
2) ABOUT FUTURE PLANS

VAGUE ANSWERS MEAN THAT:

THERE WONT BE ROBERT SOLO ALBUM (IT MAKE'S ME SHOUT:C'MON, ENOUGH ALREADY)
THERE WONT BE Texas '89 Prayer Tour video FUTURE RELEASE (WHAT EVER IT IS)
AND ALMOST CERTAINLY - THERE WONT BE 2009 REMASTERS (NOT ENOUGH TIME)

SO YOU SEE, ITS NOT ABOUT THE CONTENT OF THE ANSWERS
ITS THE QUALITY OF ROBERT'S OPENNES TO BE SINCERE AND PRECISE

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

sues777

Thanks very much for posting the links cure_kitty!!  Great interview!  :D

And congratulations patmccay!!  Fantastic job!!   :smth023
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

maccatori

Well maybe its news to some of us unwashed.
Good news about the documentary. I wonder if the Paris footage will be included, though this was shot before Pap's involvement. Maybe he'll wanna shoot his own show?
Robert was talking last year of trying to find some Prayer tour stuff to release along with Orange, etc on dvd. Even a rough compilation of stuff would be better than the last dvd. As for the remasters, I thought he'd said most of the work had been done. Great interview!

Poe

Pat! My new personal hero! Your nerves must be made of steel man, great to see.  :smth023

Lovely interview, nice to hear a little info on Burn, I had no idea it was just Rob and Boris in the studio jamming for two days.

Looking forward to Rob's solo album then, still....

And I DID manage to download the interview, if you still want it boo, but I don't have time to upload it right now. Soon! Be right back!
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]