Sleep When I'm Dead (Julian K/Way mix)
0 (0%)
The Perfect Boy (Stump/Wentz mix)
1 (4.5%)
Exploding Head Syndrome
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

KingOfSomeIsland

Although Down Under is pretty good I have to say that Without You blows them all away to the point where I think it shouldve been an A-Side rather than Freakshow...

splitmilk34

I really enjoy "All Kinds of Stuff."  Actually, I enjoyed all of the Bsides.  I believe "Without You" had the most potential but was ruined by some faceless, sterile and lukewarm production and way to many vocals risks and effects.  Nice 5/4 time, though.

Back to AKoS... just a great song.  Full of energy, foreboding and passion - and it sounds nice and raw.
"... sleeping less every night"

Secrets

The fact Without You is a B side gives me hope that there are some really great album tracks out there.

revolt

I'll pass this one...  :twisted:

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

jakso

sues777

Without You for me ...love the almost acoustic feel to it and the unusual timing.  To me, it's a great example of the lyrics and music being at odds with one another - the lyrics by themselves could essentially be remarkably sad, but the music is, dare I say it, "uplifting" and not sad or dark at all.  Love it..

P.S.  All Kinds of Stuff came a very close second for me - full of power, passion, feeling...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

moutheyesheart

Quote from: sues777 on September 19, 2008, 11:55:09
P.S.  All Kinds of Stuff came a very close second for me - full of power, passion, feeling...

Same adjectives could be used for all 8 songs we got with the Singles except the more psychedelically 'NY Trip'. I sighed for a very very long time to see The Cure that powerful and I guess it depends on rare keys and a strong Porl. I'm sorry for everybody that quarrels with the 'annoying' wah-wah or for my part struggels with Roberts...well, let's say 'advanced-in-years-voice' or accusing Jason for not beeing the best drummer in the world, but as long as they keep the impulsive power of AKOS or that ripping emotions of 'Without You'..WHO cares? Anyway, favoring 'Down Under', which keeps the power, on a slightly prankisher level, though. ;)
Разпадане

tigermilk

Quote from: splitmilk34 on September 17, 2008, 22:39:46
"Without You" had the most potential but was ruined by some faceless, sterile and lukewarm production and way to many vocals risks and effects. 
Completely agree and it's for this reason I don't listen to 'Without You', Robert's voice hurts my ears. I think all of the other B-Sides were excellent, and when the album is released I can see us asking why weren't they album tracks, haha, much like Fake, This Morning, It Used To Be Me etc.. I voted for NY Trip because Robert sounds like he's having fun and brings back some weird lyrics! Down Under is classic and All Kinds Of Stuff is brilliant too!

japanesebaby

Quote from: tigermilk on September 19, 2008, 18:22:43
Quote from: splitmilk34 on September 17, 2008, 22:39:46
"Without You" had the most potential but was ruined by some faceless, sterile and lukewarm production and way to many vocals risks and effects. 
Completely agree and it's for this reason I don't listen to 'Without You', Robert's voice hurts my ears. I think all of the other B-Sides were excellent, and when the album is released I can see us asking why weren't they album tracks, haha, much like Fake, This Morning, It Used To Be Me etc.. I voted for NY Trip because Robert sounds like he's having fun and brings back some weird lyrics! Down Under is classic and All Kinds Of Stuff is brilliant too!

i agree about 'without you'. there's surely musical potential there for a really good song but the way it's carried out doesn't quite deliver.

i suppose i would also vote for 'NY trip', since like said elsewhere it has some vintage cure flavor that i really do like. but unfortunately i don't really listen to it much because the production hurts my ears. it's a bit weird situation: i like the song and sometimes i think about it with a smile but nevertheless i don't feel like putting it on. like simply thinking about the song in my head (the memory of it, so to speak) is more enjoyable for me than really listening to it again. i suppose that sounds pretty weird... but it's a bit like having a live recording from your favorite gig but the recording being quite crappy one: so you're kind of happy to have a recording from that show but nevertheless you don't end up listening to it that much anyway, you're kind of happy that it exists but not too hungry to listen to it over and over again...
i guess that's pretty close how i feel about many of the new songs. so far...!

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

mint car

for me it's Without You. I love this song  ;)
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

figurehead

'Down Under' for sure...
'Without You' sounds like a solo project from Robert.In my ears at least...
'NY Trip' & 'AKOS' aren't bad...somehow they reminded me of the 'swing'-era.
Anyway,as i once said 'Down Under' gets my vote
p.s. :i haven't heard the 'Hypnagogic States' yet,so. . .
(even if i don't expect nothing from it to be honest).
'Is It Always Like This?'