Ask Robert!

Started by DJFreekSh0w, October 17, 2008, 21:20:33

Previous topic - Next topic

DJFreekSh0w

QuoteAsk Robert

10/17/2008 12:00:00 AM - by Geffen

ROBERT IS ABOUT TO DO AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW  FOR www.thecure.com AND HE NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...

ANY QUESTIONS?
PLEASE SEND THEM HERE ASAP

askrobert@interscope.com

:shock: :-D

japanesebaby

hmmm ok, just sent one...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

wish-man

Huh...
When you sitting and listening to cure songs and reading lyrics it seems that you have a 1000 questions to Robert... when you reading his/group interviews - you have 1000 questions aswell. But when time is come to ask personally Robert, it seems that you have nothing to ask  :?
Does anyone here has the same feelings about it?  :)
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

NeverForget

Quote from: wish-man on October 18, 2008, 10:50:25
Does anyone here has the same feelings about it?  :)[/b]
Somehow if I had to ask personally I don't know if I would dare to do that, and at a first thought nothing came to my mind...

Well I may ask: "Hey Rob did you see a girl in Rome with a curefans t-shirt?" :lol:

Just kidding of course. I have a few questions on the Top-era (but it hurts me to ask, I think) and a few others on songs...others on this album's lyrics and even on the next album ispiration!!

Too many questions, I'll have to clean this a bit, I'll think about it.
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."

nausearockpig

lostflower4

Quote from: wish-man on October 18, 2008, 10:50:25Huh...
When you sitting and listening to cure songs and reading lyrics it seems that you have a 1000 questions to Robert... when you reading his/group interviews - you have 1000 questions aswell. But when time is come to ask personally Robert, it seems that you have nothing to ask  :?

Yes.

patitodark

sues777

Quote from: wish-man on October 18, 2008, 10:50:25

Huh...

Absolutely...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Eve_23

Ive sent some questions :-D

DJFreekSh0w

An update..

QuoteUPDATE:
We have received 10,000 questions (Thank you!) and have reached the breaking point. The "Ask Robert" email is now closed.

Stay tuned for Robert's answers

NeverForget

Sent mine this morning, on time fortunately! :D
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."

revolt

Quote from: DJFreekSh0w on October 20, 2008, 20:56:09
An update..

QuoteUPDATE:
We have received 10,000 questions (Thank you!) and have reached the breaking point. The "Ask Robert" email is now closed.

Stay tuned for Robert's answers

Haha, by the time Robert finishes answering all those the Deluxe remastered edition of "4:13 Dream" will already be out...  :-D

DJFreekSh0w

looks like he's giving an interview..

QuoteNME

10/21/2008 9:55:13 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

Summary: THE ONLY INTERVIEW

APART FROM THECURE.COM AUDIOVISUAL EXTRAVAGANZA...

COMING VERY SOON!

ONWARDS...

:)

Harvestry of Ghosts

Here's the question I sent before they closed it.

Hey Robert,

While I will say that the songs themselves on the new album are definitely (in my opinion) the best since Wish & I'm loving every second of it...the audio quality of the album as a whole sounds terrible. Fuzzy, distorted, and clipped.

With all of the buzz more recently regarding "the loudness war", can you comment on why this was allowed to happen on 4:13 Dream and if the problem will be resolved with a (depending on where the problem lies) re-mixing or re-mastering of the album? I would tend to believe that you (as well as the fans) would not like your music to be destroyed by this factor & would greatly appreciate your thoughts and comments on the matter not only regarding 4:13 Dream, but as a widespread problem with the majority of albums released in the last 10 years.

Thank you,
DJR

japanesebaby

did i just miss noticing it or did this Q&A ever took place after all?  :?:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine