NIN/Jane's Addiction

Started by jbud1980, March 25, 2009, 02:20:23

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

congratulations jbud1980!  :D
i'm all envious. on the other hand i'm kind of glad that they play these final shows in the US and not in europe. otherwise i would feel like i'd need to try and be there whatever it might take.

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 18, 2009, 09:46:30
It sounds like several tapers/filmers got tickets to every NIN show.  Great news! 

i'll just hope it's people who also do end up sharing and not some of these (in)famous "other guys".
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

I assume the pre-sales had the tickets where they print your names on them, so you absolutely must be the person who uses them?

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 18, 2009, 14:59:46
I assume the pre-sales had the tickets where they print your names on them, so you absolutely must be the person who uses them?

i didn't have pre-sale tickets to any shows i saw so i'm not entirely sure. but i did see them checking IDs for everyone who lined up and went in through the "nin.com pre-sale only" entrance so i suppose that's true.

crowbi_wan

Yeah, the name of the buyer will be printed on tickets purchased through the nin.com presale (which was the general sale for a few shows).  Some of the tapers were pairing up to ensure multiple tapers will get in, rather than fending for themselves.  Nice teamwork there.  :smth023  I guess that BenntBlanco guy got tickets to all four NYC shows!  :shock:  No clue how he was able to do that when other guys couldn't even get a single to any of them!  I believe he's doing the Chicago and a few of the LA shows, too!  :shock: :shock: He's always shared his stuff, as has R.J. and most of the others that were able to secure tickets.

As far as open taping goes, it's the same as it was for the NIN|JA shows.  Pretty much anything goes. No stands, no massive cams.  Some have been talking about getting in the balcony and going with a low-profile clamp.  Good spot to film from as well.  There should be some great stuff available from this little run Trent is doing.  :-D   

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 18, 2009, 17:52:08He's always shared his stuff, as has R.J. and most of the others that were able to secure tickets.

yeah, hats off to these guys, they've shared good stuff many times.  :smth023 not to mention that open taping policy makes more sources to surface since more people will simply be there and tape. i just meant that since some of these are quite small places and these are very special gigs in every possible way anyway, then that might make some people to sit on their stuff. hopefully not, otherwise i'll find myself having been on the stupid side once again.

jbud1980

the pre-sale was will call only and the site stated that u can get in with the confirmation email and the credit card used to purchase the tix, yet don't quote me because i cannot seem to find the link where i saw that.  :smth017

jbud1980

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 18, 2009, 12:29:27
congratulations jbud1980!  :D
i'm all envious. on the other hand i'm kind of glad that they play these final shows in the US and not in europe. otherwise i would feel like i'd need to try and be there whatever it might take.

It sounds like several tapers/filmers got tickets to every NIN show.  Great news! 

i'll just hope it's people who also do end up sharing and not some of these (in)famous "other guys".

thanks japanesebaby! i really am quite excited, though i have still yet to travel to europe to see the cure, let alone any band :(

jbud1980

Quote from: jbud1980 on July 18, 2009, 04:40:18
Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 17, 2009, 05:31:04
How the heck do you plan to get tickets to all four when they go on sale at the samme time? 

i wasn't expecting anything, just hoping. :)

i scored tix to the palladium show. ugh, traffic was so bad on the way home from work that it was already five after before i started to try for tix. did u score any?

Hey, one isn't bad.   :smth023  I was going to say there's still a general sale for the Wiltern, but seems that is no longer the case. 

I opted to not go.  U2 and Muse are calling my name.  Will be seeing them in Raleigh this October.  :-D 

It sounds like several tapers/filmers got tickets to every NIN show.  Great news!  There was a lot of good stuff being shared and it sounds like that will continue with these club dates.   

i love muse, and have seen them twice, but not much of a fan of U2. i know, sorry. yeah, i was pretty shocked i scored one venue. :)

jbud1980

wow, look at last night's setlist at terminal 5 in new york!

1. Home
         2. Terrible Lie
         3. The Beginning of the End
         4. Discipline
         5. March of the Pigs
         6. The Line Begins To Blur
         7. I'm Afraid Of Americans (David Bowie cover)
         8. Ruiner
         9. The Big Come Down
        10. Burn
        11. Gave Up
        12. La Mer
        13. The Fragile
        14. Non-Entity
        15. Eraser
        16. The Way Out Is Through
        17. 1,000,000
        18. Letting You
        19. Survivalism
        20. Reptile (with Peter Murphy)
        21. Kick In The Eye (Bauhaus cover) (with Peter Murphy)
        22. The Hand That Feeds
        23. Head Like a Hole
        24. Encore:
        24. The Frail 
        25. The Wretched
        26. The Day The World Went Away
        27. Dead Souls (Joy Division cover) (with Peter Murphy)
        28. Wish
        29. Hurt

what an awesome setlist! also, what a surprise to see peter murphy!   :rocker

jbud1980

alright, so last night's show at the palladium was by far, the best NIN show i have ever been to! they played the Downward Spiral in its entirety!!!!!!!!!! Also, Gary Numan was the special guest!!!  How awesome to hear him sing Metal and Cars!!!

i am in awe, utter awe...

1. Mr. Self Destruct
        2. Piggy
        3. Heresy
        4. March of the Pigs
        5. Closer
        6. Ruiner
        7. The Becoming
        8. I Do Not Want This
        9. Big Man With A Gun
       10. A Warm Place
       11. Eraser
       12. Reptile  
       13. The Downward Spiral
       14. Hurt
       15. 1,000,000
       16. Terrible Lie
       17. Lights In The Sky
       18. Burn
       19. Gave Up
       20. Suck (Pigface cover)
       21. Metal (Gary Numan)
       22. Cars (Gary Numan)  
       23. The Hand That Feeds
       24. Head Like a Hole

lostflower4

So the final LA shows got slightly postponed (and re-arranged):

http://www.livedaily.com/news/20049.html

I feel sorry for the person who bought this ticket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120463695483

Obviously, this would not have commanded near this price had it not been scheduled as THE final show. But now it's over, and three more shows remain. 

:smth076

"Blame Canada."  :lol:

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on September 03, 2009, 17:47:47
alright, so last night's show at the palladium was by far, the best NIN show i have ever been to! they played the Downward Spiral in its entirety!!!!!!!!!! Also, Gary Numan was the special guest!!!  How awesome to hear him sing Metal and Cars!!!

1. Mr. Self Destruct
        2. Piggy
        3. Heresy
        4. March of the Pigs
        5. Closer
        6. Ruiner
        7. The Becoming
        8. I Do Not Want This
        9. Big Man With A Gun
       10. A Warm Place
       11. Eraser
       12. Reptile  
       13. The Downward Spiral
       14. Hurt
       15. 1,000,000
       16. Terrible Lie
       17. Lights In The Sky
       18. Burn
       19. Gave Up
       20. Suck (Pigface cover)
       21. Metal (Gary Numan)
       22. Cars (Gary Numan)  
       23. The Hand That Feeds
       24. Head Like a Hole

sounds good jbud, i can believe it was a great experience. :)
i really haven't follower the scene at all after the london gig, lost all interest due to the partially crappy fan scene (haven't lost my interest to their music though), so i'm out of touch what's been going on.
i know it might sound a bit selfish to say so but i have to admit that i sort of hoped that the london show with gary numan would have been an exceptional date - looks like it wasn't.

why exactly was last night cancelled? i don't want to to nin.com to check it out there. i hope nobody's fallen ill or anything.  

Quote from: lostflower4 on September 08, 2009, 06:29:07

jesus somebody made some money with concert tickets there - and some other people seem to be able to afford it.  :shock:

jbud1980

So the final LA shows got slightly postponed (and re-arranged):

http://www.livedaily.com/news/20049.html

Obviously, this would not have commanded near this price had it not been scheduled as THE final show. But now it's over, and three more shows remain.  

:smth076

"Blame Canada."  :lol:

that is insanely stupid for anybody to pay that much for a NIN ticket. yes, they are one of my favorite bands, but no, i would never pay that much to see them. the palladium show rocked, i got a free button, and only paid $65/ticket.

jbud1980

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 08, 2009, 09:28:38
Quote from: jbud1980 on September 03, 2009, 17:47:47

1. Mr. Self Destruct
        2. Piggy
        3. Heresy
        4. March of the Pigs
        5. Closer
        6. Ruiner
        7. The Becoming
        8. I Do Not Want This
        9. Big Man With A Gun
       10. A Warm Place
       11. Eraser
       12. Reptile  
       13. The Downward Spiral
       14. Hurt
       15. 1,000,000
       16. Terrible Lie
       17. Lights In The Sky
       18. Burn
       19. Gave Up
       20. Suck (Pigface cover)
       21. Metal (Gary Numan)
       22. Cars (Gary Numan)  
       23. The Hand That Feeds
       24. Head Like a Hole

sounds good jbud, i can believe it was a great experience. :)
i really haven't follower the scene at all after the london gig, lost all interest due to the partially crappy fan scene (haven't lost my interest to their music though), so i'm out of touch what's been going on.
i know it might sound a bit selfish to say so but i have to admit that i sort of hoped that the london show with gary numan would have been an exceptional date - looks like it wasn't.

why exactly was last night cancelled? i don't want to to nin.com to check it out there. i hope nobody's fallen ill or anything.  

jesus somebody made some money with concert tickets there - and some other people seem to be able to afford it.  :shock:

actually, the show was postponed until 09/06, and it was because trent was feeling ill. he sounded great at the palladium show, but u could tell in his voice when he spoke to the audience that he was coming down with something.