People from Crawley who knew Robert talk about him

Started by wish-man, September 19, 2010, 21:52:31

Previous topic - Next topic

wish-man

I found this video on uTube and it's quiet new to me  :shock:  ;)

Robert Smith MTV Icon
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

dsanchez

Thanks for sharing. I don't remember seeing this so it's very appreciated :)

Just changing for a more descriptive subject and moving to the Cure things section :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

wish-man

Thanks, Dave  :smth023

Let's publish all MTV Icon material here?  :roll: Cuz it seems there was alot of TV shots & interviews across that weekend  :smth020 I remember a few on MTV Europe and it was quiet funny. But I never seen it in internet  :smth011

Janko

Quote from: wish-man on September 19, 2010, 21:52:31

Although funny, I think the story isn't true.
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Trust...

Funny Video  :-D Thanks for sharing  :smth023
I remember that I saw a part of that MTV Icon show, but never saw this one  :lol:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

skellington

Thanks for sharing the awesome video! :-D I wish my music channels would play programs like this, I have never seen a Cure video, or Cure related story, interview, clip, or anything else Cure related EVER on tv. No wonder I only discovered this band by chance last November. Do you know where I could find some more videos like this?
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on September 20, 2010, 14:14:35
Quote from: wish-man on September 19, 2010, 21:52:31

well i think Janko is right, these aren't people who really knew him (so the title is really a bit misleading now).

this is an tv spot that MTV showed before the MTV icons show. if you ever watched MTV before the icons show this was on a lot then.
it was made just for fun.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

wish-man

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 21, 2010, 16:09:27

well i think Janko is right, these aren't people who really knew him (so the title is really a bit misleading now).

this is an tv spot that MTV showed before the MTV icons show. if you ever watched MTV before the icons show this was on a lot then.

Anyway, the only thing that confusing is Robert in the end of the video. I think people in this clip says truth, but pictures of Robert is fake  ;)

japanesebaby

Quote from: wish-man on September 21, 2010, 21:06:49
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 21, 2010, 16:09:27

Anyway, the only thing that confusing is Robert in the end of the video. I think people in this clip says truth, but pictures of Robert is fake  ;)

:?: sorry i'm not sure what you mean by robert being "fake"/i'm not sure if you understood my first post.
robert is in it as himself because it was a tv spot (= tv "advertisement" so to speak) for their mtv icons show. mtv made it with him.
i very well remember seeing these on mtv back in the day, so it's not fake at all, this is how it was broadcast.

*edit:
or did you mean the pictures/clips of young robert are fake(?). of course they are. but so is everyone else in the video. everyone in it is just acting - apart from the real robert at the very end of the video. it was all made for joke-y purposes only.
but robert at the end of the video is surely genuine, it's not a cut and paste from another video.
i don't see what's confusing in that.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

wish-man

Ok, sorry. I didn't meanthe video is fake. I meant pictures of young Robert.  :smth023

I would say it isn't true until Robert came in at the end, so this is why these people seems honest to me. Never mind. It's just the video ;)

dsanchez

The people is "real", they're not actors. The only parts recreated were the postman walking and the young Robert, I guess that's clear to everyone. Now if the stories are true or not, how can we know? I guess I will check myself next time I go to Crawley :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: skellington on September 21, 2010, 04:17:57
Thanks for sharing the awesome video! :-D I wish my music channels would play programs like this, I have never seen a Cure video, or Cure related story, interview, clip, or anything else Cure related EVER on tv. No wonder I only discovered this band by chance last November. Do you know where I could find some more videos like this?

There are many Cure interviews in YouTube :smth023

About the MTV Icon, you can download the whole show about The Cure here althought it will take time because there are not many seeders at the moment.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

wish-man

Here are some versions of MTV Icon:

http://www.divshare.com/download/4177194-f0f
http://www.divshare.com/download/4177304-f04
http://www.divshare.com/download/4177386-f5a
http://www.divshare.com/download/4177543-abb

(Thanks to Smithereens)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UAC4P1K7
(lower quality)

http://www.4shared.com/file/45018904...-MTV-Idol.html - One Hundered Years
(Thanks to Bloodflowers)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo