Looking for information on a limited edition Cure CD

Started by jonmagee, January 21, 2015, 21:28:24

Previous topic - Next topic

jonmagee

Hi all, this is my first post here but I've been a Cure fan for a long time. I've collected their albums over the years but came across one recently that I can't find any information online about.  The CD says it was put out by Minotauro records, has the record companies phone and fax number stamped onto it and says it was made in Italy.  The CD case is pretty amazing which is really what stood out to me. It's made of stainless steel and weighs in at almost 1 pound. There are 5 jewel type items fixed to the front. There's a cardboard sleeve that it slips into with holes for the jewels to show through on the front and on the back it says it was limited to 500 prints.  With it having one of the nicest put-together packaging for a Cure CD I've ever seen, I was amazed when I couldn't find any info online of this.  Has anyone seem anything like this before?

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

jonmagee

Thanks! Glad to be here.
Here's the tracklist:

Let's Go To Bed         
Just Like Heaven         
The Caterpillar         
The Blood         
Boys Don't Cry         
The Walk         
To The Sky         
Hot, Hot, Hot         
To The Sky

Fabien G

made in Italy? However luxurious it looks, 99,9% unluck that is a bootleg cd.

dsanchez

Just found your CD on Ebay. As Fabien says, this looks like a bootleg. Are the songs live or just studio versions?

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

erpomata

it' the same setlist as the "acoustic daze" bootleg, printed in italy by speedball company in 1991.
i have a copy, but never seen this minotauro edition. but it's 100% bootleg.

ciao
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

erpomata

first six songs are from the acoustic show 1991. first to the sky seems like the acetate, hot is the promo version.
you can easily find on web this bootleg.

ciao
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

jonmagee

I got excited at first when I saw the pictures, but that's actually my listing on Ebay you found. It's crazy to me how deluxe of packaging they used just for a bootleg, but I guess it happens. And even crazier is I guess it's a "bootleg" of a bootleg?   Yes, the songs are all live versions. Thanks for all the input guys.