Simon on "Beauty in chaos" album

Started by Ulrich, March 03, 2018, 12:29:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Found this via The Mission's Facebook page:

QuoteFrom Wayne: About a year ago I was asked by my good friend, Michael Ciravolo, if I would contribute lyrics and vocals to two songs on the solo album he was recording. This is a little taster for you and a brief description of the project. Mixed by Tim Palmer, who also mixed Another Fall From Grace and produced early Mission albums, God's Own Medicine and Carved In Sand, and aided and abetted by my 2nd favourite bass player, Simon Gallup, Michael's project, Beauty In Chaos, is almost complete and will be available soon. We'll let you know when. Have a listen and let Michael know what you think.

https://www.beautyinchaosmusic.com/
We will continue to add sound byte samples on this page as songs are completed, along with the amazing lyrics that make up these songs.  BEAUTY IN CHAOS is a musical entity that will continue forward... bringing together artists that might not normally get to create together. A remix EP, an acoustic single, and a 'PinUps' cover record have already been discussed over some red wine.

BEAUTY IN CHAOS would not have been possible without these amazingly talented artists, many who will continue in the evolution of BIC.

My eternal gratitude to Robin Zander (Cheap Trick), Wayne Hussey (The Mission), Tim Palmer (Tim Palmer) Ashton Nyte (The Awakening), Simon Gallup (The Cure), Al Jourgensen (Ministry), Evi Vine (Evi Vine), Michael Aston (Gene Loves Jezebel), Johnny Indovina (Human Drama), dUg Pinnick (Kings X), Pete Parada (The Offspring), Betsy Martin (Caterwaul/ Purr Machine), Marc Danzeisen (The Riverdogs), Kevin Kipnis (Kommunity FK / Purr Machine), Dirk Doucette (Gene Loves Jezebel), Pando (A Flock of Seagulls), Rudy Matchinga (Red Scare) and Tish Ciravolo (Stun Gun).

I am Blessed and proud to be curator of something very special.

Michael Ciravolo

Now also mentioned on COF:
http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2018/03/simon-on-michael-ciravolos-man-of-faith.html
Michael talks about Simon: "What can I say... simply my fav bass player of all time (well just after my wife ☺).   Simply Blessed to have him on this track, such a 'Simon' bass line too! 
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

A Strange Girl

Thank you, this is very interesting indeed!

I find this sound weird by the way, not really the kind of music I would listen to. I do not know if it is good or not...Maybe I need more listens to appreciate it
...I think you come from another world...

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Since it's confirmed n true, shouldn't we move it to the official news now??

Ulrich

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on March 05, 2018, 22:53:55
Since it's confirmed n true, shouldn't we move it to the official news now??

Done! (Simon hasn't confirmed himself, but COF and the BIC website are "official" enough for me.)

dsanchez

I think what makes it reliable source is the fact that this was published by Wayne Hussey himself. COF is a news site just like the News section on this forum (though COF is usually faster)

:)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

BEAUTY IN CHAOS

Hey all,

100% confirmed ... as BEAUTY IN CHAOS is my project .

Simon was gracious enough to play bass on a track called 'man of faith' written by myself and Wayne Hussey.  Even though they have know each other for years, and WH has joined The Cure on stage before ... this is the first time they will appear on a song together .

We hope to have the album 'finding beauty in chaos' competed and out mid to late summer

Please check out our website www.beautyinchaosmusic.com for info for who else is involved in this audio assemblage that i am blessed to be the curator of!  There is also a short sample of man of faith up .. and you can here Simon's signature bass line.

Cheers,
Michael Ciravolo ⚜️

Ulrich

Thanks for joining us here and sharing all this info with us!!
I guess more "official" is not possible.  ;)

BEAUTY IN CHAOS

Thanks for having !

I'll post more info as the record nears real ease and when o get a quote from Simon

MC

dsanchez

Simon on his Beauty and Chaos participation:

https://www.beautyinchaosmusic.com/bic-blog/2018/4/27/simon-sez-some-incredibly-kind-words-from-the-best-bassist-in-the-world

QuoteHello Simon here

Just wanted to write a couple of lines to say how honoured I was to be involved in the "BEAUTY IN CHAOS" project .     

When I joined the Cure back when things were black and white  I made a secret vow to myself that I wouldn't     just Haw myself out ...I believed that when you are in  a band you stick by that band, and don't become just a journeyman Muso to further your own Ego ...I seriously hated all those Tits from the 80,s and 90,s who used to pat each other on the back and "hang out "

To me, Commitment to one band was a signal fire that you meant it.. but ...Then you Mellow !

I was lucky enough  to meet Michael and his lovely wife Tish and Marc (LaCorte, Schecter's EVP)   in the 90's and I think my first comment to him was rather Flippant , but I was very used to people from companies coming backstage and asking us to stand in the Broom Cupboard while they held court with Robert .   So here I was for the first time, where a genuinely nice bunch of  people were asking me about things like missing home , how I felt how the tour had been going  etc etc  ( I sort of had to look over my shoulder that they weren't talking to Robert ) it just felt like a normal conversation down the pub with people I knew ).  Michael has always been 100%  behind getting what the band wanted  in regards to guitar designs, colours shapes ,and one of my Joys in touring America was always his enthusiasm about Guitars and Guitarists ! (Michael +Tish+ beer +bar ++ Me slightly slumped talking about Johnny Thunders  if you get the Idea )...  So

Back to where I started ..if someone else had asked me to play , I would have probably have  said no but I felt this was a special thing, and then the icing on the cake was that Wayne was singing !

I could sit here and type for hours to explain what Wayne means to me, but suffice to say I think he is one of the most Underrated Rock singers of all time ! I caught up with Him last year and Drove over to see him and the Mish play, and suffice to say his stage presence and general "Rockness " was still spine tingling , just 100% spot on .

He Drove over the next day and we talked for Hours and then he went off ( Back to Brazil ....Complete Bastard for having all that sunshine! )..but then he sent me tapes through of riff's that id sent him 16 years ago ...so we go back to the top  ,and I lay in bed thinking  ..if anything comes of it .. Perhaps a guitarist of Michael's magnitude can help us out !

Simon

x

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: dsanchez on April 28, 2018, 13:55:56

... I was very used to people from companies coming backstage and asking us to stand in the Broom Cupboard while they held court with Robert .   

...gosh ! 
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."