Hello, my name is Rob

Started by dreamland, September 05, 2007, 16:08:15

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamland

Hello,

My name is Rob and I live in sunny Tampa, Forida.  Going on 35 now... AND LOVING IT! HA! anyways,  that would make me a child of the 80s and a 1991 High school grad.  I fell in love with The Cure in my sophmore year, It was the Head on The Door record my friend had. I soon collected all the music at the time and still do to this day.   I really enjoy the vinyl and can spend hours in my dedicated vinyl room with the lights low, a slow poison , and Seventeen Seconds (probably my favorite lp) but its hard to say isnt it?.  There is so much to Love about this band and the music.

I also grew up listening to a lot of HipHop music, being from America its unavoidable... In my late teens/ early twenties I started making music with Synths, Drum machines, and producing a lot of music, this took me to producing a lot of hiphop tracks for various artists, I think what seperated my music from other's was my HUGE Cure influence.  Well, after many years, I am settled down with my Love of my life Tracey , who just happens to adore The Cure.  She had never sseen them live, so I took her to Miami for Ulta and we were front row left, right in front of Porl!!!! She was in her glory that eve,  and she cannot wait to see them again, so this tour delay kinda stung us, after buying tickets to 3 cities and reserving hotels,  oh well.  We love The Cure and will be to as many shows as financialy possible. 

So, this is a brief intro to me...

I still make music and dabble at Cure covers, although I never sing. Its not like I cant, but it just feels like I would be insulting Robert. But making the music is fun, sometimes I try to copy the music perfectly, even pulling out my old Linn Drum at times, other times its quite unique.

We also run Dreamland ~ Cure Radio @ http://www.bassmentradio.com/cure/dream.htm
this has been a lot of fun.  If you are interested, stop by and listen.

Nice to be here...

Much Love,

Rob

silversand

Hello and Welcome dreamland!!  :smth039

And thanks for the link to the Cure Radio  :)
Of course, I will stop by and listen. 

You are a vinyl fan dreamland? Is that right? I love vinyl very much, so i have all the Cure albums on vinyl. No not only, i have lps from other bands too :D

Carnage Visor

Hey, Dreamland. Do you have any mp3s of the stuff you made? I like Cure influenced stuff...escpecially if it really captures the essence of what is The Cure... :smth023
Great station, BTW. Sure beats having to constantly click on another song in my MP3 library!

ROGUE

:smth020 Dreamland ~ HELLO and awsum Iam listening to instrumental 'Slurvy'- and now Push~ WICKED !!!  :D
Nice to meet you  :smth023