2018.04.10 "Interview with Robert Smith", BBC Radio 6 Music, UK

Started by dsanchez, April 09, 2018, 23:25:55

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

From BBC Radio 6 Music:

QuoteFans of The Cure! We have an exclusive interview with Robert Smith at 8:30am BST this Tuesday. Listen worldwide. 💋

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

From the BB6 Facebook page:

- The interview will be pre recorded this evening (now)
- For those who can't hear the interview, BBC6 will make sure there's a clip available to hear shortly after
- Interview is available to stream worldwide via the BBC6 Music website and the iPlayer radio app.
- The interview will be aired 08:30 London time (09:30 central European time)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

From Twitter:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on April 09, 2018, 23:33:45
From the BB6 Facebook page:

- For those who can't hear the interview, BBC6 will make sure there's a clip available to hear shortly after

That is good news, we'll share it here once it's on!  :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

A Strange Girl

OMG this is freaking amazing! Too bad I am at work, can't wait for the recording of the interview :D I am so happy!
...I think you come from another world...

Ulrich

Here it is!!!  :smth020

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p063txrk

http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2018/04/robert-interview-on-bbc-6-tuesday.html
A short summary from CoF:
"I felt I had probably said enough... I was waiting until there was something new to start talking about... in the modern world people speak endlessly about nothing..." - Robert Smith on not doing interviews for the past few years.

Robert Smith on curating Meltdown: "They said 'go ahead, book whoever you want'... Obviously for my dream festival some of the people are dead... I was surprised how immediate people said yes! It was so heartwarming."
"it's galvanised me, and I've booked studio time for the band! The first time I was aware of it when it was it curated by John Peel... The most memorable for me was seeing Bowie performing Low."

"I've booked us time to do demos next month... in a dream world we'll have a new song to play in the summer." - Robert Smith on whether there will be new music this year. "What Meltdown has done, by listening lots of new music, it's invigorated me.. I feel like I want to join in"

"I think we'll end up going around the world next year... I think we'll be recognising some anniversaries next Year too. Like our first Album and Disintegration, maybe." (Note: He said they've already booked some things. It will be a mix of Cure shows, festivals, and those special anniversary type shows,)

Robert actually invited The Rolling Stones to play @meltdownfest, but they declined. They were too busy with their own shows this Summer.

dsanchez

Bob to the BBC:

"I sent hand-written letters to the artists I wanted to play in Meltdown"
"I am going to make the festival about alternative popular music"
"In the modern world people talk endlessly about nothing"
"Unless the band does something musically new, there's no point in me talking on what's next"
"We haven't had a happy history with Glastonbury"
"Hyde Park is not our last show"
"We're gonna play shows in 2019"
"I think we'll end up going around the world next year"
"We will be playing different kind of shows next year: Festival, album anniversaries (e.g. Disintegration) and if we end up doing something new, we will be doing shows around something new"
"We hope all works out but I am old enough to know that if it doesn't, it does not really matter"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

😃  Yay!!

Particularly happy to hear him say "I think we'll end up going around the world next year..."
...fingers crossed for Australia!
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Articles appearing now:

QuoteThis morning also saw Smith give an incredibly rare interview to Matt Everitt on BBC 6 Music, where he detailed what to expect from the festival, and the band in the future.

"It might just be a reaction to the fact that in the modern world, people talk endlessly about nothing," said Smith, explaining his media silence in recent years. He said that he was simply waiting for a "focal point to a new project", claiming that without that "the whole notion of doing an interview becomes redundant" without new material to discuss. Luckily, his research for acts to play Meltdown has inspired him to head back into the studio. The process of curation has "reinvigorated his creativity and made him want to do something new"

"I've listened to more new music in the last six months than I ever have," said Smith. "I've suddenly fallen in love with the idea of writing new songs, so it's had a really good effect on me."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/robert-smith-talks-meltdown-new-material-cure-theyd-headline-glastonbury-2019-2288192#ZUcMPWGj7eGD5upH.99

A Strange Girl

It's so beautiful to hear Robert saying that there will be more shows in the near future :smth023 I am excited for 2019  and no more scared! Thank you Robert for these words meaning so much to us fans

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: dsanchez on April 10, 2018, 13:18:23
Bob to the BBC:
"Hyde Park is not our last show"
"We're gonna play shows in 2019"
"I think we'll end up going around the world next year"
"We will be playing different kind of shows next year: Festival, album anniversaries (e.g. Disintegration) and if we end up doing something new, we will be doing shows around something new"

OMG I M SO EXCITED!!!!! I Hope they come to Italy so I can see them, i'm moving there in like 2 months,.

A Strange Girl

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 10, 2018, 19:58:13
OMG I M SO EXCITED!!!!! I Hope they come to Italy so I can see them, i'm moving there in like 2 months,.
Me too!  :)

dsanchez

I Hope they come to Italy so I can see them, i'm moving there in like 2 months

They will go there, don't worry.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: A Strange Girl on April 10, 2018, 20:03:49
Me too!  :)

YASSSSSSSS

I already can't see Talk Talk and R.E.M. so if I can't see The Cure i'll be so upset and pissed off.