New album from The Cure (working title "4:14 Scream") to be released this 2014

Started by dsanchez, February 03, 2014, 12:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on February 25, 2014, 20:37:37Two years ago I sold my ticket for Hurricane 2012 to my brother.He said:"Don't go,if you only want to see The Cure."

For me "Southside" (sister festival of Hurricane) would've been close, but I didn't bother. Sure some of the other bands could've been interesting, but facing a whole weekend with thousands of strangers and (almost) nothing but music the whole day long is just too much for me these days...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on February 27, 2014, 17:10:40
Quote from: MeltingMan on February 25, 2014, 20:37:37Two years ago I sold my ticket for Hurricane 2012 to my brother.He said:"Don't go,if you only want to see The Cure."

For me "Southside" (sister festival of Hurricane) would've been close, but I didn't bother. Sure some of the other bands could've been interesting, but facing a whole weekend with thousands of strangers and (almost) nothing but music the whole day long is just too much for me these days...
Yep! ;)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MintQR

Somehow curefans are stranegely antisocial at times... Mind you I'm not offending anyone here... I just had this thought when you mentioned spending the weekend with strangers as not so appealing to you...

I am like that sometimes, I wonder whether this is something we all share... ?

mooki

Quote from: MintQR on February 27, 2014, 21:14:38
Somehow curefans are stranegely antisocial at times... Mind you I'm not offending anyone here... I just had this thought when you mentioned spending the weekend with strangers as not so appealing to you...

Well the same people who like the song "Give Me It" might tend to not like most people. :P

Just kidding, but really though, I for one would love to meet cure fans. I know there's a couple near me too, here in Huntington Beach/Orange County.

MintQR

Quote from: mooki on February 27, 2014, 23:12:06

Well the same people who like the song "Give Me It" might tend to not like most people. :P

Just kidding, but really though, I for one would love to meet cure fans. I know there's a couple near me too, here in Huntington Beach/Orange County.

You should definitely meet them then :)
But then again, Cure-people are not quite the same as ordinary people I guess ;) So that doesn;t really count as social behaviour hahahaha

Ulrich

:lol:

Just kidding, but really though, I for one would love to meet cure fans.

I like to meet Cure fans too - but at a festival like Southside, there would be ten thousand people who enjoy going to festivals - not necessarily all of them are Cure fans...

No. I have no problem being at a gig with hundreds or thousands of people - as long as I know we're all there for basically the same cause (which is not the case at a big festival, where many just go because it's a festival and not for the music...).
What I don't like is a big mass of people, having no room to move etc.  :roll:

@dsanchez: I have to apologise, we're really "off-topic" now.  :oops:

revolt_again

I don't think that the new album's probable title ('4:14 Scream') is very promising, but I'm trying to keep an open mind... This is probably going to be the famous 'dark album' that was promised so long ago that one almost forgets. It's a bit weird that these are supposed to be recordings made in 2008, when the line-up was quite different, but anyway I'm still looking forward to listening to it...

Secrets

What was the source of the original "Press Release" and who was it sent to? 3 live DvDs, Trilogy and a new album is a lot of new content in 1 year for a bad that has been rather sparse apart from live tours. And nothing has been released on the official channels weeks later.

It's hard not to be skeptical.

dsanchez

Quote from: Secrets on March 16, 2014, 13:35:50
What was the source of the original "Press Release" and who was it sent to?

not sure about the very original source but the info was first announced by BBC Music and The Guardian.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

What was the source of the original "Press Release" and who was it sent to?

I would guess it was sent to the press in general? That's what "press release" indicates (to me at least).
Source might have been "The Cure", but don't quote me on that. ;)
(IF it were a fake, we'd have heard it by now.)

It's hard not to be skeptical.

Yes, it's better to be a bit skeptical, as plans can change. I personally don't believe in a series of live DVD's.
New album (from the old recordings 2007/8) will come I think, but only when RS says that it's ready for release.

Edit: current info from the press:
http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2014/03/q-says-414-will-be-out-later-this-year.html

Secrets

I never really understood why the band never released music independently online through their website. For a band that appeared to be enjoying themselves immensely on the South American tour playing in front of some huge crowds, it seems a shame that the zeitgeist has been lost.

Ulrich

http://craigjparker.blogspot.it/2014/03/new-robert-interview.html

Some quotes:
QuoteThe Cure's frontman has been telling XFM that the band's two shows at London's Royal Albert Hall in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust were "pretty sensational"... but that his plans for the rest of 2014 are still up in the air.

It was reported earlier this year that fans were likely to get the follow-up to 2008's 4:13 Dream - a series of songs that were recorded over six years ago but which remain unreleased.

"We're in a weird kind of predicament," Smith told XFM's John Kennedy after coming offstage at the Albert Hall last night (Saturday 29 March). "I've finished singing and mixing an album that was made by a band that no longer exists. So I'm trying to be convinced  that I should release what is the second half of an album that effectively came out in 2008.  It's a bit of a sore point, to be honest.

"It's not really new, I just never sang it. I couldn't be bothered. I didn't think the words were good enough, but I've re-written it. We're playing in May in American and then I don't think we'll play again until late September. So it'll probably come out in that summer 'dead air' period for albums."

Notes from the audio interview:

- Says the next Trilogy shows WILL happen, but it might not be this year. Is enjoying playing these big shows with the band. Feels like they are getting better with every show.

- Says the current lineup will be recording this year. Wants to record as a live band, like last album.