2008.05.28 San Jose, HP Pavilion (USA/CA)

Started by crowbi_wan, February 18, 2008, 01:22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Wow, TM was coming up with tickets all over the place EXCEPT the floor.  Then, after numerous swear words not fit for this forum, I tried once again and was given a pretty sweet spot.  :-D 

Plainsong

We managed to get Floor 2 row 29. Should be nice and central if a bit far back--are all of the floor seats cheaper than the one in the stands??

crowbi_wan

row 12 for me.  I was noticing the cheaper seats on the floor.  Weird  :?  Can't say I'm complaining, though.   

Pooka

Multiple pulls of floor after several tries, but between 6 to 12 rows behind crowbi. Do you have a center or side?

Plainsong

I wondered if the floor's got folding chairs or something that some people might consider less than desirable...but not me!! Heheh.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Pooka on February 28, 2008, 19:28:17
Multiple pulls of floor after several tries, but between 6 to 12 rows behind crowbi. Do you have a center or side?

Simon's side.

punx_chix

I'm coming from Washington (the sasquatch date) to see this show, is there any good place to drink close by the HP Pavilion? I'm so excited I get to see them twice! I hope I'll drive safe..
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...

Plainsong

Quote from: punx_chix on March 14, 2008, 15:40:39
I'm coming from Washington (the sasquatch date) to see this show, is there any good place to drink close by the HP Pavilion? I'm so excited I get to see them twice! I hope I'll drive safe..

I hope you'll not even THINK about drinking and driving. :)

punx_chix

nahh, no drinking and driving for me. I'm getting a hotel there so hopefully it will be close enough to the venue, but if not I'll have a designated driver. I saw someone say there in the 12th row, sooo am i! section 1

Plainsong

We got a hotel that's right next to the venue so we can walk to the show. Good for drinking and GREAT for not having to deal with parking! (I just wish I could figure out how to drink at a show and not have to keep running off to the ladies' room. Maybe this is why Robert keeps playing Edge of The Deep Green Sea about halfway though every show?)

Pooka

Here are some dining options within walking distance to the venue based on research:

La Pastaia http://www.lapastaia.com/

A.P. Stump's .http://www.apstumps.com/

Seven has great fries, but is a lot noisier. http://www.7restaurant.com/

and the one you want

http://apfwinebar.com/

Of course there's always the crap inside the venue. $4+ waters where you don't get to keep the cap and overpriced overcooked ball park food.

punx_chix

they didn't mention this date on latest posting on the official, that doesn't mean anything right?? I don't think it means anything. I mean if it was canceled or something horrible like that they would say something.....right? ahh.

Plainsong

They finally added it to the "events" topics yesterday after I made a comment, someone else made a comment, and Craig mentioned it on Chain of Flowers. It's on!

punx_chix

good good. man it's so close, this is going to be the best month of my life..

DJscribbles

i live in san jose! i just about fell of my chair when i was listening to the local radio station announce that the cure would be doing a show here with 65daysofstatic, just a few months after download festival. id like to see them again, and twice still wouldnt be enough!

the hp pavillion is also where our city holds the sharks (our hockey team) games. i heard that the last time robert was here, i think for the wish tour - he wore a sharks jersey

im in the process of procuring a photo pass for 65days (LOVE THEM), and was actually offered to shoot the cure. i had to say no, im no professional - just a kid with a point and shoot - it wouldnt do well with a press pit of photogs and their pro cams. i dont think the record company even knows im just a kid lol
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true