2008.05.31 Los Angeles - Hollywood Bowl (USA) *SOLD OUT*

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Quote from: tdcrjeff on June 07, 2008, 00:13:51
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 01, 2008, 09:49:05For once I could hear Porl coming through the PA and didn't have to rely on picking him up through his cabinets.  He's such an integral part to this Cure line-up that he needs to be loud like tonight.  The strange , no make that bothersome part of the mix tonight was Jason.  For once it wasn't his kick drum that was too loud, it was practically every other drum and one or two cymbals, with the snare being WAY to loud. 
I was in a Terrace box and had trouble hearing Porl most of the time. And the snare drum *was* really dreadful.

Were you on the left or right side, far or near?  I was on the left in the second row of boxes. Perhaps I was hearing Porl through his amps.  :smth017  And after being to a few shows where I was right in front of his amps I can tell you that there wasn't much of his rhythm stuff coming through the PA.  Hell, some of his solos were pretty faint as well.  I really wonder what the deal is there. Up close, it's great.  Not so much from further back.   

tdcrjeff

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 07, 2008, 00:25:32
Quote from: tdcrjeff on June 07, 2008, 00:13:51
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 01, 2008, 09:49:05For once I could hear Porl coming through the PA and didn't have to rely on picking him up through his cabinets.  He's such an integral part to this Cure line-up that he needs to be loud like tonight.  The strange , no make that bothersome part of the mix tonight was Jason.  For once it wasn't his kick drum that was too loud, it was practically every other drum and one or two cymbals, with the snare being WAY to loud. 
I was in a Terrace box and had trouble hearing Porl most of the time. And the snare drum *was* really dreadful.

Were you on the left or right side, far or near?  I was on the left in the second row of boxes. Perhaps I was hearing Porl through his amps.  :smth017  And after being to a few shows where I was right in front of his amps I can tell you that there wasn't much of his rhythm stuff coming through the PA.  Hell, some of his solos were pretty faint as well.  I really wonder what the deal is there. Up close, it's great.  Not so much from further back.   
Pretty much dead middle left right and middle of the terrace front to back. I mean I could hear him, just not very well. And his tone was weak.

japanesebaby

Quote from: jbud1980 on June 03, 2008, 06:25:26
I took a cell phone pic of Trent sitting very close to me, yet I do not know how to post it on here...any assistance?

you can for instance attach the pic on your post :D:

when you have the pic on your computer HD, then as you're making a reply post here click 'additional options' just below the area you're typing into. there you'll see 'attach' option. click 'browse' and choose the pic from your HD. then hit 'post' and voilá!

let's see the pic.. :)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

jbud1980

Not sure on the quality, as this pic was taken on my cell phone, but here ya go...

japanesebaby

damn you are some lucky guys: you get to see/listen to robert & co. while almost seated next to trent!
maybe i have to say i'm glad i wasn't there, i would have been too confused having too many personal heroes all around. :eek:
:lol:

(thanks for upping the pic! if i may, i'll send to a few friends(?))
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

jbud1980

(thanks for upping the pic! if i may, i'll send to a few friends(?))

[/quote]

Absolutely, I do not mind that you share, I happen to be in a sharing mood today, as you can see with the other random pic I attached. Nothing special, but I just feel like posting more poor quality cell phone pics of probably one of the best concerts I have been to (Rage Against the Machine back in 1999 still takes the cake!)

MintCarSpiderMan

For my first post I will mention what an AWESOME show it was!  It was my first Cure show ever and to see them at the beautiful venue that is the Hollywood Bowl was an extra special treat.  We had first row in the second section back from the stage.  When we walked in, we saw Adrian Grenier (Vincent Chase from Entourage) so that was pretty cool since I'm a big fan of that show. 

I was really hoping to hear Fascination Street, but I guess I'll have to catch that at my next show.  The setlist was amazing though and it's refreshing to have a band play for such a long time.  Highlights for me would be Lullaby, Pictures of You, Just like Heaven, One Hundred Years, In Between Days, hell just the whole thing was amazing.  I could listen to Robert sing names out of the phone book for days.

Just a great experience and I can't wait until my next show!

dsanchez

Nice close-up here, too bad the sound is crappy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xor5U2oDSE8&feature=related

This is another good one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CWZ_tCd7mk4&feature=related

Both "Underneath the stars", one of the greatest songs of our favourite band.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

wish-man

and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...