2011.09.10 Newport - Robin Hill Countryside Adventure Park 'Bestival 2011' (England)

Started by monghi, December 01, 2010, 11:08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to this show?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

My story:

How bad Luck can you  have on the day that should be a great one?
We had a flight from Amsterdam to Southampton @ 9.55 am, everything went good, ready for departure .... message from the captain ... technical problems ... a delay until 4.00 pm OMG I'm going to miss The Cure ... we could swaped our flight to one at 2.50 pm. Finally arriving in Southampton ready for landing ... OMG the plane get up again ?? To much wind to land ... Scary moments on board of a small plane with strong wind ....
At the airport third OMG our suitcase is missing?

No make-up, no extra gel, no festival clothes only our boots and jacket all we had.
To the hotel, to the festival, we arrived there at 6.50 pm The Cure performs at 9.30 pm!

My Review:

I had the possibility to be very close to the stage, about 7th row right in front of Robert.
No known Curefans around me ... 
Surprise Roger is on stage, Porl not 
I'm glad Roger is back, so sorry Porl wasn't there, I missed him, his guitar!

It was kind of a weird gig, the band looked like they had real fun, they looked really happy and with the Greatest Hits set (what I never suspected) it all looked like a great party. A lot of screaming, jumping, dancing, happy people in the crowd. 

At the last encore I really felt like I was in a timemachine back to the 80's (according of what I saw on the Orange video ;) ) Such a great feeling! 

I had a happy feeling after the gig, personally I rather like more the dark songs more magic, gives me more chills, but I guess for a festival they took the right choice. On a festival you have all kind of people, and they created a GREAT SHOW, more show, more party, more fun then I ever saw on a Cure-gig.

Even with Greatest Hits they are fantastic !

TheRedSinger

Quote from: Lady on September 11, 2011, 23:50:49
Being a fan doesn't mean that we must appreciate every single thing they do.
When someone tells his own opinion, he isn't judge, he's just expressing himself, his ideas, his taste, discussing with other people....I think that a fans forum would have no reason to exist without this. ;)

I agree!  ;)

Trust...

Trust...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

The Loudest Cure

:smth020
Thank you Trust for these videos ...Plainsong is absolutely brilliant... :smth023

:)

The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.

TheRedSinger

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

curedtc

Im always wanting more...

Trust...

Quote from: curedtc on September 15, 2011, 04:38:59
Awesome show, so glad to be there!
Yeah it was :rocker
If you took pictures, you can always share them to all of us, sie page 1 from this topic. Thanks :)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo