Why Can't I Be You
Boys Don't Cry
Jumping Someone Else's Train
Grinding Halt
10:15 Saturday Night
Killing An Arab

Announcement

http://texxandthecity.com/2018/08/the-cure-to-tour-sa-in-march-2019/

QuoteAMP Events is proud to confirm that indie pop-rock icons The Cure will headline the 2019 Rock On The Lawns music festivals in Johannesburg and Cape Town.

The Cure is considered to be one of the greatest rock acts in the world. With a catalogue spanning 40 years, the UK-based outfit, fronted by Robert Smith, will play on the Festival Lawns at Carnival City, Johannesburg on Saturday 16 March and Kenilworth Racecourse in Cape Town on Thursday 21 March (Public holiday) 2019.

Rock On The Lawns is a 1-day celebration of rock 'n' roll in all its forms. A beautiful day out on the lawns with beer gardens, gourmet food trucks, ample parking & facilities and an incredible line-up of local and international musicians all sharing one magnificent stage.

Artists confirmed on next year's line-up include Fokofpolisiekar, Ard Matthews, Karen Zoid, Zebra & Giraffe, Opposite The Other, Southern Wild, Hellcats, The Robfather (DJ) and The Cure.

The Cure first performed in 1978 and have since released 37 singles including "Friday I'm In Love", "Lullaby", "Close to Me", "Love Song", "Boys Don't Cry", "The Lovecats", "Let's Go To Bed", "Just Like Heaven" and many more.  Their critically-acclaimed album    Disintegration is considered one of the most important albums in music history.

The Cure are playing select events around the world as part of a 40-year anniversary tour. Recent headlines include a sold out, 65 000 capacity BST Hyde Park London concert in July 2018, which met with rave reviews.

The Rock On The Lawns music festivals in Johannesburg and Cape Town will be the first ever performances in South Africa by this globally-loved band, and festival goers are in for a real treat, as they are planning a 2 hour plus, career spanning set filled with fan favourites from their incredible catalogue.

"This is the second Rock on the Lawns festival experience we've created in South Africa," says AMP Events founder Andy Mac "It's a fantastic day out with your mates enjoying great bars, great food and of course, world-class live artists! All in a comfortable, relaxed environment. Last year we brought PIXIES out as our headliner and the response was terrific. The Cure has been very high on my list of acts to bring to fans here for a long time, and I'm delighted that we've finally managed to make it happen!"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Hopefully the first date(s) of an upcoming world tour!  :cool
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

desintegration

Quote from: Ulrich on August 24, 2018, 11:46:20
Hopefully the first date(s) of an upcoming world tour!  :cool
Yesss, we need north america dates next ♥️

dsanchez

The first concert of 2019 just started minutes ago. The band kicked off their show with 'Plainsong'
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tzare

Any chance that they play something from the upcoming album? They were at the studio just a few weeks ago if i am not mistaken

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SusannaRS

Lets my memory be perverted to the uses    
Of lying and oppression.    
My lovers and their children must not be dispossessed of me;
I would be the untarnished possession forever
Of those for whom I lived.
(Spoon River Anthology, E.L.M.)

dsanchez

The show just ended seconds ago...

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Always interesting to see who Cure fans are around the world.

I started reading the Twitter feed of the guy tagged above who posted those 10sec clips and came upon this recent tweet, what an endearing character he is ...

comment by someone else...
"Heterosexual men are saying its perfectly understandable for one of them to murder a gay man who tried to kiss him."

His comment...
"...I will supply the bullets 👍👍"

🙄
My comment .... "you're a twat!"

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

dsanchez

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on March 17, 2019, 12:22:30
I started reading the Twitter feed of the guy tagged above who posted those 10sec clips and came upon this recent tweet, what an endearing character he is ...

what a despicable human being, I just removed direct mentions to him from our Twitter and website.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Funny how the "encore" list is almost as long as the regular set.  :lol:
But I love The Cure for playing these long shows, sometimes that's better than being left desiring more...

Quote from: tzare on March 16, 2019, 20:06:04
Any chance that they play something from the upcoming album?

I would not expect any new stuff being played at the "festival" shows the band will be playing this spring/summer.
(Plus, the band might not like the new songs being shared all over the world long before released dates are even talked about.)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: dsanchez on March 17, 2019, 12:57:38
Quote from: word_on_a_wing on March 17, 2019, 12:22:30

what a despicable human being, I just removed direct mentions to him from our Twitter and website.

<3
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo