Timeline of The Cure's awaited return to South America

Started by dsanchez, December 15, 2012, 15:37:21

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

• The Cure plays for the first time in South America. Several concerts in Brazil, and a couple of shows in Argentina

• Last time The Cure played in South America (and only in Brazil)
  • In an interview with the Brazilian TV Robert says "We will come back to the whole South America next year, but in winter, in your winter (in the South American winter)"

• In an interview, Robert says "I personally would love go to Peru (...) I just would love to go to Peru, I've always wanted to go to Peru. I would like to go to back Argentina as well"

• After the 'Curiosa' Festival, The Cure played three memorable gigs in Mexico. South American newspappers started rumors that the band would play also there.

• Robert says that they're planning a South American Tour that will include Colombia.

• In March 20 this year, Robert said "I would be very surprised if we didn't play North and South America in the later part of this year"

• In June 29, another post from Robert regarding South America: "It now doesnt look like the album will come out until after the USA tour (...) so late October/November needs to be free for album related surprise stuff (...) which means South America has been jostled to the back of the queue behind Europe. Oh no! But we will get there"

• In October 19, at the MTV Latin Awards Robert Smith said that they would like go to "Argentina, Chile and Peru probably next year in a tour"

• In November, South American newspappers say The Cure will start soon (in 2008) a South American tour. At this time, The Cure just finnished the 4Tour concerts in Australia and Asia and is embarking for their European 4Tour.

• Robert says that Bestival would be the only The Cure performance of 2011, however, he also says "if you live in South America, you might consider waiting a while before booking your ticket, you never know"

• South American newspappers start rumors about the band playing Santiago's Lollapalooza festival, but shortly after Robert says ""we will not be playing Rock in Rio. We will not be playing Lollapalooza Chile (...) anything else anywhere else is as ever mere speculation"

• South American media start rumors about the band playing Brazil in September or October, with other shows in Argentina, Chile and other countries to be confirmed.

• Robert Smith gave an interview after the Paleo Festival and said the band plan to tour South America after eastern next year, so that means after March/April. He said "We suppose to go there just after Easter next year (...) we will play in Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru; I mean, Chile, Venezuela"

• South American media start strong rumors about the awaited return of the band. According to several newspappers, The Cure has already confirmed shows in Chile, Brazil and Argentina and tickets will go on sale this December 21st.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo