What are your Cure hopes for 2015?

Started by dsanchez, January 01, 2015, 15:11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Happy new year everyone!

I was planning to write this before as my 'predictions' for the year but then I decided I wanted to ask a general question to all of you instead. Robert turns 56 this year which means, according declarations he gave in the past, that we might have 3 -or at the most- 4 years of The Cure and nothing more.

This 2015 will mark the 30th Anniversary of The Head On The Door and seeing how the band has performed special gigs to commemorate album anniversaries recently (Faith in 2011, The Top in its entirety a few weeks ago) I am personally confident that we will listen this album played at some show this year (yes, I definitely think The Cure will schedule some gigs this year)

I also think 4:14 Scream will be finally released this year (it's now or never, I suppose) and being very optimistic followed by an European Tour (and rest of the world in 2016?). I can't imagine the band doing a long tour in 2017 or later, for the reasons Robert stated above.

I do not think Paris 2008 will be ever released. After all, the concert was already broadcasted in HDTV and therefore I see no reason for the band to release this as an official concert video. I have more hope on Tim Pope finishing the LatAm2013 Tour video instead. After all, it was quite a significant tour (the band played for the first time in several countries, nearly sold out several football stadiums and played their longest setlist ever -Mexico DF if I am correct-)

About The Top/The Head On The Door/Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me trilogy thing happening, I am not sure anymore. The reason to this is that they already played The Top in its entirety last December.

I guess time will tell how wrong or right I am :P

So, what are your Cure hopes for 2015?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on January 01, 2015, 15:11:27
Robert turns 56 this year which means, according declarations he gave in the past, that we might have 3 -or at the most- 4 years of The Cure and nothing more.

Anything he ever said about "last tour", retiring etc. needs to be taken with a pinch of salt!  ;)
Him "not seeing a very long future" probably meant "not another 35 years"...

If Robert is still healthy (fingers crossed) with over 60 and still does enjoy singing and performing for an audience, I can imagine The Cure going on for years to come.  :)

Quote from: dsanchez on January 01, 2015, 15:11:27
I also think 4:14 Scream will be finally released this year (it's now or never, I suppose) and being very optimistic followed by an European Tour (and rest of the world in 2016?).

So, what are your Cure hopes for 2015?

As above, new album (or old recordings re-done) and a little (?) tour!
I wouldn't mind hearing "Head on the Door", as it was my first Cure album, but in general I prefer a "normal" set (there being more "surprises")...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Well, the end is near or not far away and everything depends on a good timing.
I've said my bit about the Trilogy-Concept and a proper farewell concert/tour,
the latter is (more or less) an absurdity. In fact, I'm perfectly happy with The Cure
at the moment and for 2015 I'm expecting some European dates in major cities,
and "new material" possibly too. That's it. ;)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 03, 2015, 10:11:32and for 2015 I'm expecting some european dates in major cities

Well, the last time The Cure toured Europe 'properly' (Festivals don't count for me) was 2008, so we are talking about 7 years already. After that they just played a handful of shows only in London (2010 at the O2 Arena, 2011 at the RAH, 2014 again at the RAH and recently at the Eventim Apollo). So I guess (and hope) they will play some shows in mainland Europe. Time will tell...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Brigitte Saint-Pé

Hi 

For 2015,  I hope they  will play some european  shows and a new album too..

Josefyne

A new album with Reeves
A new drummer
Dave M. Allen back with the band
The Cure in Orange & Show in Blu-ray

mooki

A new album! Although we're not owed it

cheyler

I just saw this and you asked several interesting questions and given nine months of space between the new year and today, my answers have changed a bit. 

I think the band could continue indefinitely given the fact that they have no record company and they have the fan-base to headline the dreaded 'summer festivals', playing two-hour best-of sets for quasi-fans and come away with enough cash to pay the overhead and payroll and wind up with some 'bummin' around money'.  The fans would love a new album and a good long world tour though.  Maybe the summer and Christmas gigs made enough cash to finance an album (like PiL have been doing recently) but doubtful.  Albums also need manufacturing and distribution. 

I'm also doubtful that the TOP/HEAD/KISS Trilogy shows will ever happen.  Very cool we got the TOP in its entirety last Christmas.  Can't see 4:14 Scream (or whatever) getting released ever either, unless The Cure puts together a mail-order 'archive' service of some sort, putting out old live recordings and the like.

Blu-Rays for 'In Orange', 'Show' and 'Paris 2008' are still very relevant.  I'd say 'Play Out' would also be a good candidate for release.  Paris 2008, Charlotte 2008 and MSG 2008 were all broadcast, albeit each heavily edited down to about an hour.  A lot of the same songs were used for each broadcast too, with The End Of The World being in each, if I'm not mistaken.  Not sure of the point of three one-hour broadcasts of the same tour with a lot of the same songs in each broadcast...?  There's the MTV Valencia 2008 hour-long broadcast too, almost forgot.  The band looked mega-knackered in that one, if I may use so vulgar a term.  Paris as a full-length film would be a real winner, right up there with 'In Orange' and 'Show'.  Gotta figure out the out-of-tune guitar in 'Push' but shouldn't be a problem.  Drop in a line from another gig from the tour maybe.  I'd still love to see the complete Kilburn May 1992 gig, but that's more along the lines of 'Wish' Deluxe Edition bonus material.

Those Mexico City gigs from 2013 would be good to see on film, excellent set lists and very long shows.  For sheer novelty and just cool-ness, I'd like to have seen those Far-East gigs filmed and used rather than the Mexico City gigs.  You can't always get what you want...and almost never do.  Oh well.  Still hoping for a big finish to 2015.  Including a new studio album.

MeltingMan

Quote from: cheyler on September 13, 2015, 19:16:02I'm also doubtful that the TOP/HEAD/KISS Trilogy shows will ever happen.
I also think that the topic is well done with the completion of the three
fantastic London shows last December, although in an overall reduced manner.
Something is going on. Maybe France this time? :o

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on January 01, 2015, 15:11:27I also think 4:14 Scream will be finally released this year (it's now or never, I suppose) and being very optimistic followed by an European Tour (and rest of the world in 2016?). I can't imagine the band doing a long tour in 2017 or later, for the reasons Robert stated above.
You were basically right, unlike other statements, including me. After the show in London
I thought it will be hard to surpass this event. Now I'm afraid or it seems that European
fans no longer can expect what they've considered above after 2016 because we must
cross off both years. In fact,I'm speaking only for myself and Brigitte possibly too, apart
from some guests last week.This isn't hairsplitting. It's good to face the facts for the up-
coming year and not to deal with suppositions.

cheyler

Quote from: Josefyne on January 06, 2015, 00:23:55
A new album with Reeves
A new drummer
Dave M. Allen back with the band
The Cure in Orange & Show in Blu-ray

Hopes for 2015?

Maybe 3015...

Ulrich

My Cure hopes for this year have been reduced a bit. The only thing we can expect (in my humble opinion) is more details on the tour dates for 2016. And maybe (just maybe) an announcement which details any plans for future recordings and/or releases...

My Cure hopes for this fan forum rely on receiving the answers to questions I sent to someone who worked at Fiction Records back in the day. Should be interesting!

Edit: sometimes your hope becomes a reality!
http://curefans.com/cure-things/announcement-a-peek-behind-the-scenes-at-fiction/msg762434/#msg762434
The holy city breathed like a dying man...