2006.04.01 London - Royal Albert Hall (England)

Started by cult_hero, February 13, 2006, 09:33:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Breizhcurefan

I bought my tickets on line on the RAH website the 04/03/06 and i receive them by letter the 16/03/06.

a good deal for me  8)

bob

1 place for RAH ..........contact me by pm or mail
i'll be in london saturday and i'llbe able to give the ticket on the afternoon or before the show ,with appointment.........

supel

I wish goooooood night with The Cure for everybody curefans which go in RAH, :smt039  I grudge :oops:

nausearockpig

Me too.
i hope it's a mind-blowing experience for those lucky or fllush enough to go!

enjoy, write an essay about your experience and post it here so i can enjoy from afar...

have fun and again, enjoy..

Your friend Down Under,
Javier

supel

1. Open
2. Fascination Street
3. Alt. end
4. The Blood
5. A Night Like This
6. The End Of The World
7. Play For Today
8. If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
9. The Kiss
10. Shake Dog Shake
11. Us Or Them
12. Never Enough
13. Signal To Noise
14. The Figurehead
15. A Strange Day
16. Push
17. Inbetween Days
18. Just Like Heaven
19. From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
20. At Night
21. Drowning Man
22. M
23. The Baby Screams
24. One Hundred Years
25. Shiver And Shake
26. End
end of the first set

Encore 1

27. Lullaby
28. Hot Hot Hot
29. Let's Go To Bed
30. Friday I'm In Love
31. Why Can't I Be You?
Encore 2

32. Three Imaginary Boys
33. Fire In Cairo
34. Grinding Halt
35. 10.15 Saturday Night
36. Killing an Arab
Encore 3

37. Boys Don't Cry
38. A Forest

38songs :shock:

Inshiver

Thanks for the setlist supel!!  :wink:

But why do they play always the same songs??...    :(

It begins to be boring...
#Cheers - Patrick#

crowbi_wan

i don't find this setlist boring.  38 songs is quite incredible!  sure, many of the songs are played often.  but, with the guitar-based line-up they're more limited as to what they can pull of live.  plus, it's not like they're supporting a new album.

cult_hero

Quote from: doubtThanks for the setlist supel!!  :wink:

But why do they play always the same songs??...    :(

i thought exactly the same! booooring! :smt015

i'm not sad i wasn't there!

always the same! again and again and again. yeah, i know why i don't like the new guitar-based-line-up!  :evil:  ;-)

at least three surprises: "the drowning man", "why can't i be you (extended)" and no "faith"! and it seems the band played better than last year (not very difficult  ;-) ) and robert's voice sounded better.

j

Just a quick note about last night's show.....one thing that really stood out to me was how much Simon seemed to be into playing.  He is always hopping around, but last night he was more mobile that usual.  He was wailing on the bass during The Kiss, and really let loose at the end of A Forest, even throwing the bass onto the stage at the end!!!

j

And I forgot to mention....Killing an Arab was changed to Killing Another.  I'm not a big fan of changing the lyrics, but I think Another is a better substitute than what was used in Berlin!

boneheadhaggar

what an amazing night, over 3 hours, I was exhausted by the end so I dont know how the band must have felt, especially Simon who put so much energy into it, so looking forward to a copy of it surfacing soon..............hopefully :D
its nice to be nice

boneheadhaggar

well I thought it was a great setlist, true no new material but still plenty of great tracks from years gone by, a brilliant night cant wait for later in the year, if Robert keeps his promise :D
its nice to be nice

japanesebaby

:D  :-D  a great night...
well i do agree they could finally start considering ditch a few numbers (like 'boys don't cry', 'inbetween days' and so on - i'm sure everyone would rather hear 'jumping someone else's train' and 'lament' or something...) but it was a Quality performance 8) and i'd say that at least for me personally that counts more than just what's on a setlist.
and we got great versions of 'the figurehead' and 'a strange day', 'if only...' & 'the kiss' came in the mainset, also 'drowning man', 'baby screams' & 'fire in cairo' among some others were really good versions i think...
and we got to see and hear robert's new acoustic in action (didn't we?? hm, at least i am assuming it was that?? wasn't close enough to be sure...)
and none of any of those feared voice problems this time  :-D

by the way they were signs at the arena doors (inside) saying that the performance is being filmed "for TV or "some other purposes" " (sorry, i cannot remember the exact words). does anyone know when and where it (or parts of it, i assume) might be broascast?? hmm, but it'll probably be an UK only broadcast anyway so...  :(

marika
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

boneheadhaggar

I personally think it would be a great way of raising more money for the teenage cancer charity if it was released on DVD with all royalties going to the charity, just a thought :)
its nice to be nice

Yves28

Quote from: doubt

Same songs yes but I never get bored yesterday night. The band was playing VERY well and only for that the show was not to miss.