The Cure finally in South America?

Started by dsanchez, December 03, 2010, 11:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think The Cure will play South America next year (2011)?

dsanchez

Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information. Any reliable book or any Mexican citizen can confirm this country belongs to North America. As a matter of fact, almost the half of USA was Mexican. Even the official name of Mexico is "Mexican United States" :)

Of course, from the point of view of the culture and mentality, Mexico might be closer to Central and South America.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on January 31, 2011, 14:30:38Of course, from the point of view of the culture and mentality, Mexico might be closer to Central America and South America.

Yeah, that's what I meant too. Above map has not been printed by Wikipedia, they just use it. And looking at it, Mexico is at least partly in the middle of the Americas if you ask me.

Anyway, I hope the Cure can add a few dates anywhere to their schedule.  :D
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

The dream comes true?

Several newspapers in Brazil just announced The Cure will play there in September or October, with other shows in Argentina, Chile and other countries to be confirmed.

In the other hand, according to Chilean newspaper "El Mercurio" (one of the most important newspapers there), Santiago's National Stadium have been booked somewhere between 17 and 22 October. According to the newspaper sources, the stadium have been booked for a Cure show.

Let's cross fingers and wait...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Wow, should be great news! Yeah let's cross fingers ...
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Plainsong

I hope this is true--it's been too long since they've been there and this would be so wonderful for the fans there! (And a good warmup to a 2012 Europe/USA tour??)

pedrin17

hope they include PERU in the tour!!! it would be like a dream come true for me and all the south american cure fans that have been waiting for the band so long!!! otherwise i'll have to start saving money for a trip to Chile, Argentina or Brasil :)

Lady

I'm happy for the fans from South America...lucky you!!! :smth023

And I really hope this is the beginning of something new....some gigs in Europe the next year for example!!! :roll: :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on March 31, 2011, 19:32:20
there is a rumour of an European Tour for 2012, hope this rumour will become true...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on March 31, 2011, 19:42:37
Quote from: Lady on March 31, 2011, 19:32:20
there is a rumour of an European Tour for 2012, hope this rumour will become true...
Which is the font? It would be really really great.... :smth049
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

osneymoura

★In Brazil last minute news about the world Cure is here:
www.theblogcure.blogspot.com
http://tinyurl.com/4w9qoja
http://migre.me/3umPE
★Enjoy.

TheRedSinger

They visited Mexico in 2007. I didn't went to see them 'cause I wasn't a fan yet... I remember that I was starting to know them at that year.

Can't wait for Robert to say they are coming! I'd be so f*** happy! :D

dsanchez

I'm back in Europe after spending a few weeks in my country, Peru. I met many friends (some of them Cure fans) who are talking about a "confirmed" visit of The Cure to Lima for the end of October. This would be in the line of the rumours posted here some time ago about concerts in Chile and Brazil for the same month. What are your thoughts on this? Do you really think Robert will play there as he suggested in December last year? or he will change his mind after the "Reflections" shows in Australia and will play Europe instead? Or maybe he will play "Reflections" in South America?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

TheRedSinger