What happened to Porl's picture on thecure.com?

Started by dsanchez, September 13, 2011, 09:48:39

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

skellington

Maybe its symbolinzing his break from the Cure, he wasn't at Bestival...I hope its not permanent though... :?
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

Ulrich

Not too blurry? Looks blurry enough to me.  :D

Quote from: skellington on September 13, 2011, 17:39:38
Maybe its symbolinzing his break from the Cure, he wasn't at Bestival...I hope its not permanent though... :?

I'm now sure it is. Probably time for a new photo shooting... Or get Perry back too and use the old ones from before 2005. ;)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

TheRedSinger

Ikissedyoursmile

I haven't seen that yet. Why did he leave the band? He is the only one who plays so curish. Hes the one that makes you go into a hypnotism state. Hes a great guitarist: he belongs in the band.

Trust...

On the Facebook-page Porl is still visible  :?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=38162016401&set=a.15767001401.35069.14276376401&type=1

Hope to have more news soon like Roger and Robert wants us to belief ...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alwaysprayingforRAIN

this really annoys me. if he's not in the band anymore they should just say so, and it would be sad, but acceptable.  :( and for god's sake put up a new picture instead of this blurr-out-porl thing  :?
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Ulrich

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on September 18, 2011, 11:23:14
this really annoys me. if he's not in the band anymore they should just say so

He did not perform at Sydney and Bestival, what more needs to be said?  :?

Btw, wasn't it here in this forum where someone informed Porl had already quit (or been fired) after the last 2009 show after an argument with Robert?

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on September 20, 2011, 16:15:12
Btw, wasn't it here in this forum where someone informed Porl had already quit (or been fired) after the last 2009 show after an argument with Robert?

yes, there was a rumour that they had an argument after Coachella. I don't know if that's the reason why he's not longer at The Cure. Anyway, Porl is married to Bob's sister so they probably see each other from time to time. fingers crossed to have Porl back in the band!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

jomo297

I hope the break is temporary.  I thought the Pantages shows were amazing, but I really missed Porl.  He brings a ton to the band.

Ulrich

Quote from: jomo297 on November 28, 2011, 08:34:07
I hope the break is temporary.

You never know, Porl returned to the band twice over the years (1984 and 2005, I think)...
But for the moment, it seems he is gone, at least for a while.
Gotta say I loved his guitar playing at the 2008 gig.