Robert Smith: "We will go to South America after Easter next year (2013)"

Started by dsanchez, July 19, 2012, 18:13:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think The Cure will finally play South America in 2013?

Yes
15 (93.8%)
No
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

dsanchez

Robert Smith gave an interview after the Paleo Festival in Switzerland (yesterday) and said the band plan to tour South America after eastern next year, so that means after March/April. The genius said "We're supposed to go there just after Easter next year (...) we will play in Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru; I mean, Chile, Venezuela"

*Video Updated*

(Thanks to ZaWi and Adlib for sharing these fantastic news!)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Adlib

Quite sure you'd melt a fuse on this one...
;)
(not Ecuador, because "nobody plays there" with a grining face...)
When the wise shows the star, the fools look at his finger...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Adlib on July 19, 2012, 18:22:16
Quite sure you'd melt a fuse on this one... ;)
I had planned to go back to Peru next year. So I will just wait now for the official announcement before buying the flight tickets. It would be awesome to see the best band of the planet in my own land!
:smth026

Quote from: Adlib on July 19, 2012, 18:22:16
(not Ecuador, because "nobody plays there" with a grining face...)
I guess the journalist was from Ecuador :lol:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Adlib

Quote from: dsanchez on July 19, 2012, 18:23:47
The biggest Peruvian newspapper highlighted these news: The Cure tocará en el Perú el próximo año, anuncia Robert Smith

Now hope it just isn't one more careless talk...
A "Kissing the top of the head" will be nice there, and it will revive memories of 1987's extravaganza (I personally don't think they plan anything but a trilogy, well certainly not promoting a new LP).

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Adlib on July 19, 2012, 18:28:33
Now hope it just isn't one more careless talk...

I know, I know. But it would be simply awesome. It's now or never!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Adlib

Quote from: dsanchez on July 19, 2012, 18:32:39
I know, I know. But it would be simply awesome.

Either Robert doesn't lie anymore, or I was true when I said that they wouldn't be promoting a new LP : http://www.rts.ch/video/info/journal-continu/4146832-robert-smith-the-cure-je-me-soucie-plus-du-public.html

(tend to think you're going to enjoy typical Curemania era - I mean a "real one", with a 1987 climax - kind of concerts)

Quote from: dsanchez on July 19, 2012, 18:32:39It's now or never!

I know Simon looks more and more like Elvis, but, hey, please...  :D

A STRANGE BOY

Hola DAVID:

Respecto a la noticia, de acuerdo a lo que dice SMITH tocarían en "argentina, brasil, uruguay chile, peru QUISE DECIR (i mean) chile , venezuela"...

LOS FANATICOS ESTAMOS CONFUNDIDOS PORQUE PARECE QUE ROBERT SMITH SE EQUIVOCO AL MENCIONAR AL PERU, tu que conoces mejor al gordo y traduciendo correctamente POR FAVOR DINOS SI PERU SE LE CHISPOTEO O QUE ONDA ?.. aqui la prensa DA POR HECHO QUE THE CURE VIENE... jajaja

saludos

dsanchez

Quote from: A STRANGE BOY on July 19, 2012, 21:44:57
LOS FANATICOS ESTAMOS CONFUNDIDOS PORQUE PARECE QUE ROBERT SMITH SE EQUIVOCO AL MENCIONAR AL PERU, tu que conoces mejor al gordo y traduciendo correctamente POR FAVOR DINOS SI PERU SE LE CHISPOTEO O QUE ONDA ?.. aqui la prensa DA POR HECHO QUE THE CURE VIENE... jajaja
Anteriormente Bob ha dicho que sí quiere ir a Peru, asi que si va a sudamerica, no veo porqué no pueda ir a Lima. En todo caso, en esta entrevista Robert cuenta todo medio en serio medio en broma (como lo de Ecuador, por ejemplo) El "Chile, Peru" y luego "quiero decir, Chile, Venezuela" me suena a que estaba tratando de identificar la localización geográfica de los países (es sólo una interpretación personal, quizás me equivoque). En todo caso, hay que esperar no más.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Adlib on July 19, 2012, 18:51:42
Either Robert doesn't lie anymore, or I was true when I said that they wouldn't be promoting a new LP : http://www.rts.ch/video/info/journal-continu/4146832-robert-smith-the-cure-je-me-soucie-plus-du-public.html
Yeah, but he said that it would be even better if they release a new album. I think IF they tour South America, they will do with a new album. And either way, they will probably include some rare songs in the setlist. I mean, they went to Russia for the very first time and they played Cold!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

You know he's always lying in interview, so don't believe it.  ;)

I hope it will come true. BUT: I don't believe a new album will be finished before Easter next year.  :roll:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

plainsong16

And Mexico? Do you think for a probable date over there considering all the informations you have?
:roll: i personally don't think so at the moment............... do you?

dsanchez

Quote from: plainsong16 on July 31, 2012, 04:19:04
And Mexico? Do you think for a probable date over there considering all the informations you have?
:roll: i personally don't think so at the moment............... do you?
I don't trust anything of what Robert said. Until it's not written on www.thecure.com I wouldn't do any plans.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

UnderneathTheStars

When are they going to announce the date of the concert in Chile?  I would love to see them, but they still haven't announced the official dates.. So, does anybody know something about it?